Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > XHeli.com Support Forum
Reload this Page >

attention Xheli.. BIG PROBLEMS! HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
XHeli.com Support Forum If you have a question, problem or concern about your product from xheli.com, please use this forum to get answers to your questions.

attention Xheli.. BIG PROBLEMS! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 11:59 AM
gagallagher04401
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default attention Xheli.. BIG PROBLEMS! HELP!

Hello

I received the Walkera CB180D as a Christmas gift. It was purchased from xheli.com.
I am having a problem with it though. When I am NOT EVEN 10ft away my heli will start to lift when throttle is applied then it is like some one hits a lights switch and I lose power, and then it will come back on. It does this over and over. When I am able to get the heli in the air it will not stay there due to this seeming to lose power for a 1/2 a second or so then come back on.

The stock lipo battery is fully charged and works good. I also have brand new batteries in the Tx.

There is defintly something wrong with either the Rx or Tx, or possably both. I was told to contact you folks on this forum by Balr14, because customer service is great.

I really hope you xheli can help me with this I have not had it long, and this is my first helicopter, and I do not want this to shy me away from them for good. This is very discouraging.
The purchase information is under my girl friends name Dawn Pray

Thank You!
George Gallagher
Old 01-15-2010, 06:24 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: attention Xheli.. BIG PROBLEMS! HELP!

ok if you hold down the heli and do a range test without flying the heli and remove the main motor from the heli. Are you getting the same behavior?

Andy
Old 01-15-2010, 06:57 PM
gagallagher04401

When I am NOT EVEN 10ft away I start to throttle up, and then it is like some one hits a lights switch and I lose power, and then it will come back on. It does this over and over. When I am able to get the heli in the air it will not stay there due to this seeming to lose power for a 1/2 a second or so then come back on. The heli acts the power is surging on and off.
I had my girl friend hold the heli down and I did a range test yesterday. I was able to get about 10-15ft away yesterday.
Today I was only 2 feet from the heli, in my living room, and it would just "surge" up and down. like before. Will not lift off, and surges, I can apply full throttle and heli just slides around on the floor surging, and not lifting.
I have not flown the heli much at all, and I noticed this "surging/twitching"when I went to fly it for the first time in my backyard. Now it will not even fly in my living room, let alone outside.

The stock lipo battery is fully charged and works good. I also have brand new batteries in the Tx.

What do you mean by removing the main motor and trying it? Just take it out of the heli but leave it hooked up to the Rx and do another range check to see if it does the same thing with no load oin the motor?

I have not flown the heli much at all, and I noticed this when I went to fly it for the first time in my backyard. Now it will not even fly in my living room.
Could it be the motor? Tx and or Rx? I am so mad, I have not even had it 30 days. I got it as a x-mas gift.
I want to get this sorted out.

Thank you
George
Old 01-19-2010, 08:50 PM
yadac123

ok this does seems to me like an isolated incident with the radio. Would it be possible if you can take this heli away from your house and try it? Like go down the street and give it a try. Do you have unusual 2.4Ghz household products? Suck as routers? Let me know before I have you send it back for exchange with another new unit.

Andy
Old 01-19-2010, 09:08 PM
gagallagher04401

Hey andy

Well I have been flying it in my living room with out problems. Also flyign it in my big garage with no problems. It was the first time I went outside. The heli would lift off and then come back down so I applied more throttle just thiking it was me not giving it enough throttle. Before I know it I am at full throttle, and the heli will get lite on the skids but will not lift off the ground and I am at full throttle, and it makes a sound like "surging/reving" up and down, while staying at the full throttle position.
I also noticed tonight I held the heli down with no blades on it, and throttled it up full throttle, and then while still at full throttle, it sounded and acted as if I reduced the throttle, and lost power but I didn't reduce the throttle. It was like it lost power after only a few seconds at full throttle. It kept spining but not at full power it seemed.
So I am so stumped, I am really having second thoughts about this heli, and walkera.
I did contact xheli and they seem to think Rx. They said to send it in and they would replace it for me. I do have a new battery on order I was just waiting to get it to try that just to make sure it is not a bad stock battery.

You thoughts? Is this fixable?
Thanks
George
Old 01-19-2010, 09:22 PM
yadac123

do you have a voltmeter so you can measure the voltage of the battery you are using? Wait till you get the new battery in and try it out and let me know so we can isolate the battery.

Andy
Old 01-19-2010, 09:33 PM
gagallagher04401

Yup the stock battery is fully charged when checked with a voltmeter. So if it is the battery it is happening underload.
I will post when I get my new battery and try it.

Thanks again
George
Old 01-20-2010, 12:41 AM
yadac123

Let me know and keep me posted

Andy
Old 01-22-2010, 09:42 PM
gagallagher04401

Hey Andy

The lipo is junk! It says it is balenced and charged but under load (flying the heli) it is not right.

I got my new one and the heli is flying fine now.

I would like to get a replacement lipo. Not even 15 flights on this lipo.

Thanks
George
Old 01-26-2010, 08:42 PM
gagallagher04401

BUMP!............Andy!..........
Old 01-27-2010, 11:54 AM
gagallagher04401

Andy? Where did yah go

Thanks
George
Old 01-27-2010, 07:25 PM
yadac123

what's the reading from the voltmeter. If the battery is charged there is no reason this is happening. what's the reading?

I'll exchange you another battery, order number?

Andy
Old 01-27-2010, 07:47 PM
gagallagher04401

Hey Andy it says it is fine, when a volt meter is put on it, It is happening when load it put on the battery.

I think one is already being shipped to me.

Thanks
George
Old 01-27-2010, 08:20 PM
yadac123

alright

Andy