Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > XHeli.com Support Forum
Reload this Page >

syma s106 trimming problem

Community
Search
Notices
XHeli.com Support Forum If you have a question, problem or concern about your product from xheli.com, please use this forum to get answers to your questions.

syma s106 trimming problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 02:27 PM
frityflo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default syma s106 trimming problem

My Syma S106 spins counter-clockwise even with the trim set all the way to the right and won't lift off from the ground. Motors and blades are fine and the rotors spin properly so they are sufficiently lubricated. When I set the trim knob in the middle and keep the tail from rotating the heli lifts off from the ground. How doI fix the trim on the heli?

Old 03-17-2010, 08:34 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: syma s106 trimming problem

I think the main rotor blade holder is slipping on a shaft so that's why you are getting the RPM needed to keep up with the other rotor. So please check is there any slipping.

Andy
Old 03-17-2010, 09:17 PM
frityflo

Thanks for the reply Andy.

I don't believe anything is slipping, but is the main rotor blade holder, the one connected to the lower main blades, suppose to stay in place? Because it feels taut when Ipush on it, but when the motor spins I'm unable to tell if it slips or not. When I physically move it with a bit of force with my fingers, itwill spin. Should I glue this holder in place, is there a way to keep it in place? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Black Hawk Down!!!! Send Help!!!!!

Old 03-17-2010, 09:19 PM
yadac123

the blade holder is attached to the shaft with friction only so yes apply a small drop of glue will help. Let me know.

Andy
Old 03-30-2010, 09:34 AM
frityflo

HeyAndy,

Sorry I got a bit busy and haven't had the time to try your solution out until a few days ago. I tried to glue the blade holder which I did and the heli still spun. I checked to make sure that the blade holder was still staying in place and it was. Now I noticed that the gear slips on the bottom of the shaft. Iglued that too and let it sit overnight and tried again the next day. Still spinning. The gear at the bottom started to slip again. Iglued it over and over but I don't thnk the glue is allowing the plastic gear to adhere to the metal rotor shaft, especially with the torque created by motor. Perhaps that is why my heli is still spinning. Have anysolutions as to how tokeep that gear in place. Super glue isn't working so super.....
Old 04-01-2010, 08:04 PM
yadac123

what's your order number? I'll have you send it back for exchange.

Andy
Old 06-03-2010, 04:38 AM
aeozyalcin

Hello people!,

I hope this is the right section to post to?

I am a newbie to RC helis, I got an Syma S-105 for present just this week and I am lowing it. But there is one problem, a major one really. My heli wont fly for more than 2 minutes with the battery fully charged. I thought maybe the (brand new) battery was dead so I did a little test. Holding the heli in my hand(not letting it off), I ran the motors continuously for 5 mins before the battery ran out. The blades seem to spin very fast. So the battery is fine but I think that the problem is not the battery but the blades. They just dont create enough lift power to lift the heli. At first, the heli lifts off fine but just after 2 mins, it cant go over 30 cm above the surface below. I inspected the circuit as weel but it seems fine. Everything else is fine, the heli is fast, stable. But its a heli that cant fly!

BTW: I also received a mini Syma RC heli. It lifts off soo esaily that I barely have to push up the throttle unlike my metal-body S105. With the battery fully charged, I push the throttle to max but it lifts a little slowly.

Does anybody have suggestions? I would reaaly appreciate any help!

Thank you.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:06 PM
yadac123

maybe the battery is no good. order number? I'll have you send it back for exchange.

Andy