Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

Differences between 120FZ and 120SC, and power ratings?

Old 04-18-2002, 10:31 AM
Huang
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differences between 120FZ and 120SC, and power ratings?

Hi Dave,

First of all a big welcome! I am a die-hard YS-fan - it's great to see you guys here for support. YS information has always been hardest to find!

Do you know the differences between the new YS-120FZ and the older 120SCs? I know SCs are heavier (950g vs. 880g), but my SC seem to out-run both my other FZs by 600RPMs on the same prop. Is this true or did I just get a super one? Any other differences you know of?

While on the subject, can you post the power ratings of all YS engines as a comparison?

Many thanks,
Matt
Old 04-18-2002, 12:26 PM
Dave Shadel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Matt
The SC's were by far the most powerful of the YS 120's. Unfortunately, they sometimes were very unfriendly to use and that is why YS discontinued them. As you know, YS has now discontinued all 120 size engines, We are replacing the 120 with a new sport 140 size engine this summer. See www.ysperformance.com for further info on this and HP ratings.
Good flying!
Dave
Old 04-19-2002, 12:31 AM
Huang
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks!

Dave,

Thanks for the information and quick reply. That confirms my thoughts. Besides being more sensitive to adjustments, the SCs also vibrate a lot more than the FZs. But they do put out lots of power! I'll be waiting for the new 140. Many thanks for your excellent support and good luck on your business!

Matt
Old 04-22-2002, 01:10 AM
Dave Shadel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to all for your support of the YS line. We stand behind our product 100% and want you all to know that anytime you need help, don't hesitate to contact us.
Also a big thanks to all who join in to get the questions answered, you make my life a lot easier.
Good Flying,
Dave