YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

Remote glow plug connection for YS

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 03:22 AM
AV8TOR
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote glow plug connection for YS

I am looking for a tip on how to make a remote glow plug connection for use on YS motors. All of the ones I have bought or have seen have a wire connection coming out of the side, which will not work with the sunken glow plug on YS engines. I am not up on electronic connections but it would seem to me a push on connector exists that will work for a glow plug that can be simply crimped or soldered to a remote lead.
Old 04-22-2002, 03:46 AM
can773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Remote glow plug connection for YS

Originally posted by AV8TOR
I am looking for a tip on how to make a remote glow plug connection for use on YS motors. All of the ones I have bought or have seen have a wire connection coming out of the side, which will not work with the sunken glow plug on YS engines. I am not up on electronic connections but it would seem to me a push on connector exists that will work for a glow plug that can be simply crimped or soldered to a remote lead.
Both McDaniel and Sonictronics make remote ignitors that fit in the recessed area on a YS.