YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

YS Performance

Old 04-29-2002, 03:58 PM
cloudniner
My Feedback: (87)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS Performance

Hi Dave

I called YS Performance and order some parts. Thanks for the info. While on phone I asked about a web site and was informed it was 'ysperformance.com'. This doesn't work. Do you have any idea what their internet address is?

RSN
Old 04-29-2002, 04:51 PM
Dave Shadel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default YS Performance

The address is www.ysperformance.com. If you're using Netscape it may not load properly. Try IE.
Old 04-29-2002, 08:07 PM
cloudniner

Default Netscape????

Dave

You were right. I could not get anything with Netscape. Switched to IE and it worked?

I have spent a bunch of years refusing to use IE because of the MS practices. Has MS found yet another way to 'screw' the competion???

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-29-2002, 09:39 PM
djlyon

Default YS Performance

Go to netscape and get their latest FREE updated version and it might take care of your problem if you really don't want to use poor old Bill "billionaires" stuff.

Dave
I got the OS91FX Ultrathrust from Jay today. Hope to try it tomorrow or the next day.
Old 04-29-2002, 10:56 PM
Dave Shadel

Default YS Performance

For some strange reason, the only complaints I get are from Netscape users outside the USA. I don't know what the problem is.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:52 PM
rbshirley-delete

Default YS Performance

Originally posted by Dave Shadel
For some strange reason, the only complaints I get are from Netscape users outside the USA. I don't know what the problem is.
Dave ....

Using Netscape Communicator 4.79 - which is the latest version - from Dallas (USA) and accessing www.ysperformance.com. results in the following HTML file ("www.ysperformance.com.html") text being transferred:

"
<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<title>Home Page</title>

</head>

<body>

</body>

</html>
"

Not much content there !

Are you sure that your home web page is not set up so that the host server directs Netscape browsers to a different file from IE browsers, and that this different file has the above empty content ?

Ask the person developing your web site/page to check/correct the "Common Gateway Interface" (CGI) that is set up for your home page so that it directs Netscape browsers to a file that has equivalent content to the one that IE browsers are directed to.

Old 04-30-2002, 12:09 AM
mvigod
Banned

Default YS Performance

It appears that the host that is doing DNS resolution for YS does not have their DNS set properly to resolve "ysperformance.com" so when trying to reach it the browser will fail unless it does the workaround of adding "www" in front. Dave, have your host add a new "A" record to their DNS zone file which includes a pointer to your ip address for "ysperformance.com" so people can find you by typing that as well.
Old 04-30-2002, 04:07 PM
checksix
My Feedback: (4)

Default netscape problems

The YS home page uses "frames" which are not supported by some early versions of Netscape. Maybe that's why some people are having problems.

>> For some strange reason, the only complaints I get are from Netscape users outside the USA. I don't know what the problem is.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:25 PM
Wonder
My Feedback: (7)

Default ysperformance

I am using IE with win98, all I get is a blank screen if I click on the address listed in post?

If I type in the address in, it works fine.

Go figure???

Tim
Old 04-30-2002, 08:28 PM
cloudniner

Default Weird Stuff

Hi Wonder ( I got one and love it)

Would you mind trying another site I have trouble with.

http://www.bennettbuilt.com/

Everything at this site works fine for me except Page 2 the Zenoha page?????

I get the same thing that I get when I got to the YS page. A blank screen with Documentone even though I got a blank screen.

I would love to get to the bottom of this!!!!!

RSN