Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

YS 1.40 Dıngo Service need!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 06:49 AM
tuavp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default YS 1.40 Dıngo Service need!!!

1-I have YS 1.40 Dingo engine and maybe 10 times worked well then since 9 months its been staying at my warehouse so; I am planning to fly at the weekend, what should I do - where should I check on the engine before going to the field??

2- I have also 1 more YS which is YS 1.40 FZ sport. This engine really works well, very powerfull, easy to start etc. but my problem is with the mufler, I can not keep the mufler in its place, I really tighten the screw but each time after the engine starts in 4-5 minutes it comes back. I check whether I can use some LOCTITE but because of high temprature there is no LOCTITE for this place. Please recommend...

3- I have also 1 more YS which is 91 FZ. This engine also very good. The problem is I can not stop the engine, I did everything to stop the engine
a- changed the gaskets
b- changed the throtle barrel seal
c- tighten up all screws on the engine
d- checked the air chamber whether there is crack on it or not
So my engine never stops on idle. To stop it I should close the mufler by my finger.
What or where I should change.PLEASE RECOMMEND

Thaks for all
Ahmet KARAHAN / ANKARA
Old 05-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Dave Shadel

Default RE: YS 1.40 Dıngo Service need!!!

1. Put in a new glow plug. There should be no problems.

2. Try some teflon tape which is used by plumbers to seal pipes in houses. Wrap it around the threads.

3. Something is leaking. It could be a pinhole in the backplate or crankcase, or it could be a leak in the o-ring between the carb and the air chamber.

Good luck!
Old 05-27-2004, 05:26 AM
tuavp

Thks Dave,For item one I'll change the glow plug
For item 3 I'll check the places where you mentioned
BUT FOR ITEM 2; I have already done the teflon band to that area but no result. Once I was tightening the screw it became worned then I have prepared the screwed part brand new but the problem is continuing.
What I have in my mind ; I will prepare the screwed tube part from Aluminium then weld the mufler on it.
Thks
Ahmet KARAHAN
Old 05-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Dave Shadel

Are the threads in the cylinder worn out?
Old 05-28-2004, 01:06 AM
tuavp

no, no Dave, I have no problem with the cylider head. There is so tighten, muffler comes out.

Ahmet