YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

Air in fuel line

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 01:03 PM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Air in fuel line

Ok, I have searched and it seems as thought bubbles in the fuel line from the regulator to the carb is a normal occurance. My YS 110 has bubbles at full throttle and as I approach idle, by the way anything below about 2700 it just surges and dies, the bubbles just take over the entire lenth of fuel tubing leaving no fuel in the line that i can see. I have richened the low end all of the way with no luck. The motor leans out and dies. I have flown the motor with the needle (high) rich and it still leans out while flying until it gets hot and quits. I am tired of dead stick landings, please heeellllllllpp!!! By the way, I have tried Byron, Coolpower, and Powermaster 20-20 fuel with the same result everytime. The plug is a OS F.

Should I inspect the diaphram? Or send it to you? I am open to all suggestions. Thanks.[&o][&o]
Old 08-16-2005, 02:29 PM
Dave Shadel

Default RE: Air in fuel line

You have a regulator problem which needs the attention of our service dept. I would suggest you send it in and have them look at it.

YS Service
1295 Industrial Court
Gardnerville, NV 89410

Phone 775-782-4562
Old 08-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

Update: Because I was taking the motor out of the aircraft to send back anyway, I thought I would take the regulator apart to check for dirt, burrs, etc. What I noticed was that all the bolts, regulator, airbox, carb were all rather loose. I went ahead and took it apart, cleaned everything and put it back together. It now runs like a top. It idles at a solid 2000 rpm and transistions to full speed as a high performance engine should. I will not be sending this one back anytime soon.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Dave Shadel

Good, thanks.