YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

Problem with .63

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 04:33 PM
George E.
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with .63

I bought a new .63 from a friend (never been run) but it's the older model, sat in his basement for a couple years. My first 20 flights were awesome but now the motor tends to load up when run at idle. For example, if I'm flying around in an inverted harrier for 20 seconds then throttle up, the plane takes a few seconds to reach max rpm, which is a REAL problem. On the ground it seems to run perfect. I took advice from a YS expert and tried adjusting the low end and regulator but can't get rid of the hesitation. I also flushed the regulator out. The tank is holding pressure. The local weather just turned hot and humid, other than that no other changes were made. I'm running an APC 13x6 with regular Omega/coolpower 15% fuel.

Should I just replace the diaphram, pluger, spring etc??? I didn't want to send it back to YS since the problem is hard to reproduce and the warranty is probably out.

George
Old 06-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Dave Shadel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Problem with .63

Have you changed to a new plug?

Have you ever reset the valves? .003" on both.

We never recommend anything less than 20% nitro, 20% oil in any YS engine, and the fuel you're running contains neither. The 13x6 on 15% invites problems, especially in hot weather. You don't have enough soup to turn that prop with the lower nitro. You can try a 13x4 and it might help, but the real solution is better fuel.

After you fix the fuel and prop issues, go to www.ysperformance.com and following the instructions from top to bottom. Might help get it right.

Good Luck!