YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

Still having issues with my YS 63FZ-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 08:59 AM
My Feedback: (30)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Still having issues with my YS 63FZ-S

Hi Troy,
I am still having issues with my YS 63 FS-S. Like you said in earlier post to turn regulator clock wise CW. I did that still I am not getting reliable idling. without cowl removed, the engine would idle OK for about 15 to 20 sec and cut, it would idle at about 2600 to 2800 rpm, and then cuts.
The other problem I am having is that if I idle at for about 5-10 sec and then go to full throttle, the engine does go to full rpm. Now if I let it idle for about 15-20 sec and then move the throttle to full, the engine cuts off???? why? I dont belive that engine is not hot enough..... but thats my guess.
Thirdly, I installed the cowl on my oxalys 50 and then again started the engine, now what happens is that engine is running at full throttle, and i cut the power to idle, the engine drops the rpm to 2450, then starts increasing to 2600, 2900 and even 3000 rpm in about 6-10 sec and then cuts????
I have check to see if the piping were kinking but it doesnt seems to be the case.
I havent flown my aircraft yet as it doesnt sound right on the ground, but so far I have run about 5-6 tank just trying to make the engine idle right but noting seems to work. What is your suggestion?
Thanks
Asif
Old 02-28-2007, 12:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Still having issues with my YS 63FZ-S

ORIGINAL: Asif

and i cut the power to idle, the engine drops the rpm to 2450, then starts increasing to 2600, 2900 and even 3000 rpm in about 6-10 sec and then cuts????

ASIF,

now we are getting somewhere the quote above is exactly what happens when its too lean. SO turning the CW on the reg is the wrong way. Dial it back to where it was before and then open it up CCW to richen it.

This increase in RPM is the surging folks talk about. Your engine is too lean. try to richen the reg this should get you in the right direction. It may take 1/4 to 1/2 turn CCW to solve the problem.

Troy Newman
Team YS performance
Old 02-28-2007, 01:20 AM

Thanks troy,
will try what you said
Asif
Old 03-06-2007, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey
i was having that same problem with my 63s, i some got in contact with a fellow with ys and found that my mistake was unlike on the normal 2 stroke engines the low speed mixture screw is turned all the way in to inrichen and all the way out to lean. He told me to adjust the regulator screw so it was flush with the housing and the start the engine and adjust the low speed mixture screw which is actualy called an air bleed screw. I hope this helps in your case cause i fought it for two weeks over somthing stupid.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:45 AM

Thanks bryanmthompson,
I will try what you recommended, now I believe that my engine is Ok, the only problem might be that since the piping and cowl area are way too tight, maybe my line was kinking somewhere. I will try this engine on some other aircraft.
Thanks
Asif