Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

First throttle up (tank pressurizing) leaning on YS63

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 08:18 AM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First throttle up (tank pressurizing) leaning on YS63

I've seen similar posts but my YS63S will still sag out on the first throttle up to full throttle. I usually start it and let it run on fast idle for 30 seconds or so then throttle up. Doesn't matter if I slowly advance the throttle, it will simply then just sag out at about half throttle. If I hold the throttle at full it will shortly after throttle up and scream up top normally. The engine runs like a top everywhere. I've arranged my startup to go to full throttle, wait for it to sag, then bring it back, then advace again, kind of ramp it up to full. I've changed the check valve but it still does it. My buddies YS110 and 140 don't do this at all. Again, the engine runs great after the tank is pressurized. I'm using a dubro 8 ounce hard tank. 20/20 fuel with a 13x6 prop.

Mike
Old 06-11-2007, 08:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: First throttle up (tank pressurizing) leaning on YS63

Tnak pressure needs to build. Its is sagging becasue it is lean. It is lean becasue there is not enough tank pressure to supply the fuel at full power.

A couple of options....once the tank is full put a little pressure in it using the fuel pump.

Let the engine come up to operating temps and pressure before goign to full power.

Richen the regulator slightly as I think its probably a bit lean. Say maybe a 1/8th turn rich...which is CCW or Out on the Reg screw.

Troy Newman
Team YS