YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

rebuild off a DZ 160

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Rune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rebuild off a DZ 160

Hi
a year ago i had a violent crash with a ZN line Twister , it smashed my brand new DZ beyond normal repair (to much parts to buy).
I have now buyed a cheap almost complete engine from a friend, but i have to take some parts from my old engine over to this "new" one ..at least cylinder\piston and some other smal parts that he has used on other engines.
As i looks now all the other is easy to move but i cant get out the cylinder off the old cranckcase , so my question is is this fasten with something ...or is just "crimped"(dont know if it is the right english word) into place???
How do i fasten it agian in the "new" crack case ?
In advance thanks guys
Old 11-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Rune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rebuild off a DZ 160

i figurede it out after study some drawing on the central website .
I used a heatgun and after some warming it was really easy to slide the cylinder out, to remove the piston from the engine\cranckshaft I had to remove the psiton from the connectionrod , thats why the hole in the crankcase was there!
I must say that the inside of the engine is a art off machining..beautyfull compare to other enginges!