Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

YS FZ110 tuning ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 06:38 PM
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS FZ110 tuning ???

Hello to all! This is my first time to ever use a forum so please bare with me! I recently purchased a used YS 110fz. I was told that it was just rebuilt by YS. It is installed on a Hangar 9 Funtana x 100. It has a 16 x 6 fat bladed prop. Using YS 20% 4cyl fuel. It seems to fire up easy enough and seems to run ok at the top end, not completely sure because I haven't been able to run/fly it much. The problem is the low to midrange. The high end needle is at about 1 1/3 out, spins at 10600rpm. The low end needle is turned clockwise all the way, which to my understanding, is the richest setting but, it acts like it is still running too lean at low end resulting in a very unreliable engine. If I back the low end out even 1/4 turn it won't even idle for 3 seconds! Any ideas or thoughts would be wonderful! Otherwise I'll send it to YS and let them go through it! Thanks again, Doug
Old 11-10-2007, 06:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: YS FZ110 tuning ???

Adjust the regulator richer this is CCW on the regulator screw. I would say try 1/4 turn and see if you can get the engine to go richer on the midrange and low end. The low end screw is a fine tuning adjustment...The regulator will have a much larger affect.

After adjusting the regulator you are going to have to re-set the top end too.

By the way you mention that your fuel is YS20% 4 stroke fuel.....You can't run 4 stroke fuel in these engines. Now different brands of fuels make what they call a YS 20/20 blend this means it is specific for use in YS engines..

YS engines can't use 4 stroke fuels....

The key is does the fuel have a 20% oil in it. If it does it is suitable for YS engines. If it doesn't have 20% oil content then you should not use it.
Most 4 stroke fuels are around 16-17% oil and this is not enough oil for the Ys 4 strokes.

Troy Newman
Team YS