YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

FX 91 won't pop

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 01:33 AM
smh20502
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FX 91 won't pop

Can anyone give me a proper setup sequence? I can't get my FX 91 to start. the engine is new to me but used, I know the guy and it ran for him well...unfortunately the engine had to sit for a wile, about a year, and while sitting various people turned screws, mixture etc. How can I get this thing started? Anyone have a place to start from zero. Not as if from new in the box, but if the engine was completely disassembled, what would be the steps on setting all screw adjustment positions, starting techniques etc.

I'm still a newbie on nitro, gas....not too much of a problem, electric zero issues. In fact, I prefer electric...simply setup the esc and go. But this nitro engine, just won't start. How long should the glow plug igniter be left on before turning the prop? The muffler will fill with nitro, so there is not clogging in the lines or carb.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:59 AM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: FX 91 won't pop

An FX91? As in the OS Max 2 stroke?
Old 01-20-2009, 08:49 AM
smh20502

That's the one. It's mounted at about 130 degrees....don't know if that makes a difference on starting procedure.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:53 AM
smh20502

Just realized that this was posted on the YS forum....please feel free to provide any info but I'm posting the question under OS engine support to help avoid any confusion.