YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

idle issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 10:21 AM
selnekav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idle issue

Dear All.
What can be the reason that my YS-110FZ almost shutdown whenever i move the throttle stick back to idle at once ?

if i move it slowly then it's ok, and it also seems to work ok after 3 - 4 minutes on the air.

in the overall i can say the engine works ok in all rpm range, and it has also stable idle. the issue bother me as if i forget to move the throttle back to idle slowly...
then the engine may cutoff.

Regards
Shlomo.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:25 AM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: idle issue

What RPM is your engine turning at idle? WHat fuel and glow plug are you using? WHat RPM does the engine turn at idle as soon as you pull the power back to idle from full throttle? Is it a lower RPM number and then slowly increases?
Old 11-03-2009, 04:24 AM
selnekav

it can turn ~ 2200 or less ( 30% Magnum or Omega Propattern 20%, Plug OS-F ) , if i move the stick back to idle at once then in most cases the engine will cuttoff, and then it will be hard to restart it.

i find it very difficult to get relaible 2000rpm so i usually set it to 2400 which is far stable. ( i have the old model FZ )

what i did noticed is that there is big diffrence between cold idle to warm idle ( around 400 rpm higher when the engine is warm up )
so i am using little throotle offset till i take off, and then after 2 or 3 minutes i can cancl the throotle offset.

after landing the engine can work at 2000 rpm for long period before it will quit ( without changing any setting of course ).

hope this is clear enough...

Thx
Old 11-04-2009, 07:26 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you breaking the engine in still? or is it fully broken in?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:43 AM
selnekav

It fully broken in ( around 30 hours ).
Old 11-04-2009, 11:22 AM
petec

Ok, does your engine have the big regulator plunger that came with the first run of the early version or the small plunger? There was an issue with the large plunger sticking at times and that could certainly cuase what you are describing.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:28 AM
selnekav

i have the new regulator version, and i am using only syntheticfuel and i have also checked the servo arm but it works well and there is no bends etc..

Old 11-05-2009, 04:31 PM
petec

I had an issue once with a 1.20FZ that drove me and everyone else I knew nuts. The engine would behave quite well on the ground most times when pulling from a high throttle to idle and would usually quit in the air doing the same thing unless I pulled back very slowly. The culprit was a piece of grass that had been sucked in and was stuck to the throttle butterfly in the intake pipe on the side you cannot see and was partially obstructing the airbleed for the idle needle. It's a long shot but might be worth pulling it out for a little look and see if something is blocking that hole. I dumped out a gallon of fuel because I thought it was a bad batch that was causing my problem.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:26 AM
A1
My Feedback: (2)

Look through the threads on YS 1.10 engines. 90% are idle problems. I sent mine in to YS Service for a third time. They replaced the reg. and the entire crank case. Still has the same rough idle. I just figure one day they may correct the issue and I'll get the upgrade. Noted the new 1.15 has a 3rd generation regulator on it. Maybe this is the one!!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 02:37 PM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Anyone know when the 115 will show up ? My name is on the list at Central, if that mean's anything.

Crank