Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

ZDZ80: Low End Popping/Gurgling

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 09:35 PM
rthorne
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZDZ80: Low End Popping/Gurgling

I'm still breaking my 80 in. When I fly the plane at about 1/4 throttle, the engine is gurgling and popping. It transitions to idle or higher speed without any problem and never wants to quit.

Is this gurgling a function of breaking in with a higher oil to gas content (40:1) and needle settings? Will this go away when I go to 50:1 or higher and reset the needle's?

Just curious as I'm new to gas. I'm real pleased with the zdz80 so far, it pulls my 330L with authority. I'm fixing to get my zdz40 going again in a 27% cap.

Thanks.
Old 10-14-2002, 10:53 AM
RCSHOWCASE

Default gurgling

Please call Mike Dooley at 301-374-2197 and let him know which carburetor you have ; Bing or Walbro. Mike returns from the TOC tomorrow. OCt. 15, 2002

David
RC Showcase
Old 10-28-2002, 03:46 PM
Marty-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Default ZDZ80: Low End Popping/Gurgling

It sounds like you are running too rich. I have two 80 singles and they both have excellent idle, midrange and transition. No gurlge, stumbling or shaking. Very smooth. Unfortunately neither of mine will turn above 5700rpm with a Menz standard 26-10 prop. I'm still working on this. Other than no top end power, EVERYTHING else about these engines has been great.