Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

These really are hard to start!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: These really are hard to start!

ORIGINAL: Lins

I haven't had mine flying yet, waiting on batteries so I can't really help you too much. All I can say is check with RCS, I hear they have awesome service!
Umm.....

You're a bit behind the power curve here as RCS no longer exists and the product lines and service are now handled by TBM.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Lins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't actually know, I've only bought a drill jig from them. I bought my engine elsewhere... Just trying to help him out.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:37 PM
OldFart1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a good description online on REBUILDING a Walbro carb (NOT a "theory of operation")? I've pretty much determined that my 50NG will at least try to run if I squirt fuel into the carb - but won't run (or pop, or anything) otherwise.

Spark is good.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:00 PM
louu
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: OldFart1

Is there a good description online on REBUILDING a Walbro carb (NOT a ''theory of operation'')? I've pretty much determined that my 50NG will at least try to run if I squirt fuel into the carb - but won't run (or pop, or anything) otherwise.

Spark is good.

take your cowl off so you can see the fuel in the fuel line and rock the prop back and forth really hard and see if the fuel is moving in the line
let me know if it moves, you may have a pump problem.
and what do you have for a klunk? just a klunk or a filter. you dont need a filter, just put a filter on your jug
Old 07-06-2009, 10:29 AM
OldFart1

No cowl Lou - we screw all the gassers to my Nephew's wooden swing set

Pretty sure fuel was moving - but I'll double check. I pulled the carb apart a while back and put in a new diaphram (WT-76A IIRC)
Old 07-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Zeeb

No cowl Lou - we screw all the gassers to my Nephew's wooden swing set

Pretty sure fuel was moving - but I'll double check. I pulled the carb apart a while back and put in a new diaphram (WT-76A IIRC)
If you're having carb problems not related to the rest of the fuel system, I suggest you consider changing out the carb for a WT-201(sorry I don't remember the suffix letter for sure but I'm thinking its a B). That's what RCS recommended and the newer 50's came with that carb. I changed mine out and it's worth doing IMHO.... [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 07-06-2009, 07:18 PM
OldFart1

Zeeb, you're about the third one to recommend that particular carb. Have a (cheap) source?
Old 07-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Zeeb

Zeeb, you're about the third one to recommend that particular carb. Have a (cheap) source?
Sorry I don't, mine came from RCS.

Word has it that this carb is what DA uses on the 50R, but for some reason still not clear to me they take out the model number on their carbs with an etching pencil deal....[sm=confused.gif]

Not sure if DA has any better pricing on replacement parts than RCS did, but word has it that TBM has been real good to work with on parts and IIRC Mike Dooley is doing the warranty/service thing for those lines RCS carried. I've used TBM before and have nothing bad to say about those folks other than the ground shipping from Florida to where I live in Utah takes 10 days. Maybe give them a call????