Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 11:58 AM
nitro-rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

I don't think anyone has run anything other than shorter gearing.  Most run stock now.  The HPI optional gearing isn't available yet and hot racing just released their gears recently .  The few that changed their gearing did a small hack to do it but their fear was heat so they pulled it back instead.

If I can get someone out with me to hold the radar gun I can give the speed of my truck.  I may have to wait until my buddy gets his fixed and we can then compare stock versus the SCT3800/MMax pro setup with the same battery.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:20 PM
paba60
My Feedback: (96)

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

My friend bought an XS on black friday. 50 dollars off, open box. They said they were certain the V2 vapor pro was installed (never heard of an official V2 release) and drove it for a few minutes to show him. He bought it and ran it for a few minutes and this familiar site happened. Venom 5400 mAh, 3S, 20C battery.

[IMG]
Holy Meltdown Batman!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:07 PM
nitro-rob

The HPI service representative told my friend today when he called about the blown ESC that there is a reworked second version that they have not had any problems with.

Is anyone out there driving one of the first shipped ESCs on 3s without a problem?

I have used my first run Vapor Pro ESC for five minutes on 2s and wonder if I should go for it and see if it has the strength to handle it on 3s while its still under warranty.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:59 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The HPI service representative told my friend today when he called about the blown ESC that there is a reworked second version that they have not had any problems with.

Is anyone out there driving one of the first shipped ESCs on 3s without a problem?

I have used my first run Vapor Pro ESC for five minutes on 2s and wonder if I should go for it and see if it has the strength to handle it on 3s while its still under warranty.
I have ran mine occasionally on 3s.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:36 AM
paba60
My Feedback: (96)

I would...and plan too. Granted I switched to the HR 60T spur and added the 1410....to help things out.

I plan to tax the Vapor Pro... Might as well while it's under warranty...
Old 11-29-2011, 07:48 AM
martin34

Is anyone running proline Badland 2.2 tyres on thier XS?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:19 AM
fffmonkey1

I don't think anyone has run anything other than shorter gearing. Most run stock now. The HPI optional gearing isn't available yet and hot racing just released their gears recently . The few that changed their gearing did a small hack to do it but their fear was heat so they pulled it back instead.
If I can get someone out with me to hold the radar gun I can give the speed of my truck. I may have to wait until my buddy gets his fixed and we can then compare stock versus the SCT3800/MMax pro setup with the same battery.
i m running 30T pinion, 1410 5mm shaft motor, MMP SCT ESC, 3S battery, proline Road Rage II 2.2" on road tire running on aspalt, running nearly 20 pack battery, so far so good. Speed like a rocket! 32T pinion is ready for test...!

Old 11-30-2011, 02:36 AM
martin34

My T-bone kit installed. I made a bracket for the wheelie bar since the fasteners weren't included in the package.

Also, a shot of my drive cup wear so far after about 20 packs.

I just charged my 3s pack and will test this out. The wheelie bar is pretty close to the chassis.
How are T-Bones holding up?I have just ordered my set
Old 11-30-2011, 01:03 PM
nitro-rob

It was great the one time I had it out.  Its been raining a lot but it looks like it will be dry tonight.

I called HPI and asked some questions about the ESC.  The guy told me that there is no rework and that they don't know much about what is going on and its in castles hands.  The likelihood of a failure on any ESC is still incredibly small.  He strongly stressed running 2s is the best for it.

He also told me not to listen to people in forums.   

I don't want to bother with this thing and am selling my setup locally on kijiji.

I am in the market for another ESC and don't want a third MMax pro.  
Old 12-01-2011, 07:51 AM
spena

ORIGINAL: fffmonkey1

i m running 30T pinion, 1410 5mm shaft motor, MMP SCT ESC, 3S battery, proline Road Rage II 2.2" on road tire running on aspalt, running nearly 20 pack battery, so far so good. Speed like a rocket! 32T pinion is ready for test...!
I only run 2s, is it safe to up to 32T pinion?

@martin34
my tbones are great! looks ugly but im not afraid of cartwheels or hitting a curb full speedanymore
Old 12-01-2011, 12:27 PM
rcklingaman

Just got done reading this small novel and have gotten some good information out of it. I'm getting a Savage Flux XS for Christmas and so far it before I take it out I need to:

Check the Antenna path and secure it so it doesn't get hung up
Check the ESC settings to make sure the voltage cut off is set
Check to make sure the the safety cut off is setup with the controller. (forget the exact words or what it was called)

I have two questions if anybody could point a complete newbie in the right direction:

On my batteries should I do a break in on them as running them down to just about 50% capacity  before I run then down to the 20% cut off? I have read a bit into the lipo batteries and how to properly take care of them.

Do you guys have any recommended reading on the parts of the trucks. The majority of the time on the forums I was a bit lost on what people were talking about but I got a general idea.

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 12-01-2011, 01:26 PM
twinturbos

My savage has:
MMP
Hot racing shocks
Castle creations motor fan
Traxxas waterproof servo
T bone racing front bumper and wheeelie bar
Led lights
Pro line badlands tires
Traxxas turnbuckles
New clear savage xs body

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77639.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	1693882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47927.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	1693883  
Old 12-01-2011, 02:32 PM
hereticgod
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: rcklingaman

Just got done reading this small novel and have gotten some good information out of it. I'm getting a Savage Flux XS for Christmas and so far it before I take it out I need to:

Check the Antenna path and secure it so it doesn't get hung up
Check the ESC settings to make sure the voltage cut off is set
Check to make sure the the safety cut off is setup with the controller. (forget the exact words or what it was called)

I have two questions if anybody could point a complete newbie in the right direction:

On my batteries should I do a break in on them as running them down to just about 50% capacity before I run then down to the 20% cut off? I have read a bit into the lipo batteries and how to properly take care of them.

Do you guys have any recommended reading on the parts of the trucks. The majority of the time on the forums I was a bit lost on what people were talking about but I got a general idea.

Thanks,

Ryan
Don't forget to check your slipper make sure it's tight and loctite the pinion gear on the motor.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Chuggz

ORIGINAL: twinturbos

My savage has:
MMP
Hot racing shocks
Castle creations motor fan
Traxxas waterproof servo
T bone racing front bumper and wheeelie bar
Led lights
Pro line badlands tires
Traxxas turnbuckles
New clear savage xs body

Hey twin turbos how do find the hot racing shocks?
Im watching some on eBay are yours the 100mm ones
Are they direct bolt on? Cheers

Old 12-01-2011, 09:24 PM
martin34

Twinturbos your xs is looking good.How are you finding the Badlands and are they the 2.2's?I am tempted to get myself a set.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:02 PM
twinturbos

Hot racing part # TD100x06.
The bottom hallow ball hole is a little to wide for the xs. Just change it out with the stock hallow ball.
I also tried out the HPI ground assault tires. They are way better than stock. Now I am trying the badlands. They have great traction, maybe too much traction.
I was doing double back flips even with the T-bone wheelie bar.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:08 PM
hereticgod

The bottom hallow ball hole is a little to wide for the xs. Just change it out with the stock hallow ball.
I also tried out the HPI ground assault tires. They are way better than stock. Now I am trying the badlands. They have great traction, maybe too much traction.
I am running dirt works but have always loved the badlands your post makes me want them even more now, my bashing spot is loose sandy dirt I need all the traction I can get.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:22 PM
twinturbos

Ok the 2.2 badlands will fit the xs. I am using HPI superstar wheels with deep offset. If you are going to use the T-bone bumper, you have adjust your endpoints on your
steering. The tires will hit the T-bone bumper.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:25 PM
hereticgod

I only have the t-bone wheely bar so I should be good.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Chuggz

Yeh that's them , do find them better over stock? They look nice too , love them tyres

Old 12-02-2011, 04:22 AM
nitro-rob

No heat problems running those high profile tires?  I had a set once and they had too much sidewall and expanded too much.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:36 AM
t9dragon

Do you have video of those double backflips?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:39 AM
trickle007

Ok I am getting a XS for Xmas, My GF has it wrapped sitting under the tree all ready and its driving me nuts but I will wait till xmas to open it up. Anyway my question is will either these 2 castle links work or only the HPI 1?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWLF9&P=ML

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGVR8&P=ML

There is a significant price difference, I amjust wondering which link I need to use with the XS. I also have and HPI Vorza I would like to use the same link with if possible.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:13 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: trickle007

Ok I am getting a XS for Xmas, My GF has it wrapped sitting under the tree all ready and its driving me nuts but I will wait till xmas to open it up. Anyway my question is will either these 2 castle links work or only the HPI 1?

There is a significant price difference, I am just wondering which link I need to use with the XS. I also have and HPI Vorza I would like to use the same link with if possible.
Either one will work.. the second link is the first version of the Castle Link the first link is the second version of the Castle Link.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:29 AM
trickle007

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: trickle007

There is a significant price difference, I amjust wondering which link I need to use with the XS. I also have and HPI Vorza I would like to use the same link with if possible.
Either one will work.. the second link is the first version of the Castle Link the first link is the second version of the Castle Link.
Ok I run windows 7 64 bit will that be an issue?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.