Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL Detta ST THREAD **********

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 07:26 PM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Detta ST THREAD **********

ORIGINAL: DrivenProductions

ORIGINAL: rckt_mtrspts

The turning radius is wider than stock not by much but I definitely see the need for a upgraded servo. The MLST rims and tires are heavier.
For bashing its fine but for racing a different tire would be needed. I got some losi mini pins an hs85mg going in and I'll report back on how those do.

On a side note I found out the shock position in the arm, needs to be moved to the inside hole or else under full lock the rim rubs the screw head.

team DP
Why not try a premium 1/10 servo instead of a mini? Couldn't you use 1/10 buggy rear tires on MLST rims as a better option?
I agree on the servo , but I got a couple of 85's floating around the shop so that why im trying that out. I dont see why not use the buggy tires they might turn better.
The main goal was just to make adapters to mount the MLST rims. Trying out new tires will just be the fun part. At least their is tire options now.
I was just thinking if it already came with a cheap 1/10th servo why not upgrade to a better one, Max it out, instead of worrying about enough torque out of a smaller one. I like the idea of the MLST rims, especially now that they make dish rims. The idea of otehr tire optins really excites me, especially with indoor season only a few months off. And the delrin shock towers sound awesome. Aluminum ones bend way too eaily and cf can be brittle.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:43 PM
jaejw1

larger tires will make the vendetta unstable at high speeds,,, just my experience

DRIVEN ,,,, the idea for stronger arms ,,, I second

have u guys thought of doing anything for the XTM rage,,,, it has great potential,,, and a strong drivetrain
Old 06-01-2008, 11:18 PM
DrivenProductions

ORIGINAL: jaejw1

larger tires will make the vendetta unstable at high speeds,,, just my experience

DRIVEN ,,,, the idea for stronger arms ,,, I second

have u guys thought of doing anything for the XTM rage,,,, it has great potential,,, and a strong drivetrain

Yea we are looking into redesigning the the hubs the two cars we have both cracked where the ball stud screws into.
Also that topplate were kicking the idea around of making that thicker out of CF and wider so its easier to mount electronics
Old 06-01-2008, 11:28 PM
jaejw1

dont forget a gear cover.... i have tested the truck on a track with a 28mm brushless motor (permax 400/4d) and the thing handles very well... it just doesnt stay together in one piece
Old 06-02-2008, 10:59 AM
dirtyrice

I am still working on getting some shock towers made out of 6al-4v titanium. This should solve any issues with both bending of the stock ones and weight issues. It is just taking a bit of time....
Old 06-02-2008, 11:16 AM
rschoi_75

Yea we are looking into redesigning the the hubs the two cars we have both cracked where the ball stud screws into.
Also that topplate were kicking the idea around of making that thicker out of CF and wider so its easier to mount electronics
Cool! Stuff for the XTM rage as well. DP, post your ideas for that truck on this thread: [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6165051/anchors_6165051/mpage_1/key_xtm%252Cmaking%252Cmini/anchor/tm.htm#6165051]XTM is making a mini!!!!![/link]. Just so people don't get confused on parts. A c.f. upper deck would be cool. I'm sure they would sell. Once again delrin arms would be the first option I would buy for the Rage. Anyways, I'll keep my xtm rage suggestions on the correct thread from now on.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:22 AM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

ORIGINAL: jaejw1

I am with you there, but aren't 1/10 buggy tires about the same OD as one from a ST ?
Old 06-02-2008, 04:39 PM
jaejw1

nope,,,, I had to cut more than an inch off the cricumfrence of the front 4wd 10th scale tires just for it to fit the stock ST wheel.... but thy are still much larger than the stock tires.....
Old 06-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Majishin8383

Jae you used to recommend the permax 400 / 4D motor but is 2.3mm just as good as the 3.2mm or would you say more problems?
Old 06-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Metallover

Get the 3.2 if you can. 2.3 pinions are often weak. 2.3 will work, but if you can get the 3.2. 3.2 is standard.

Anyone know how good the new novak mongoose will be? Will it be better than a Neu/Parmax? Got any links to good info on it?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:57 PM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: Metallover

Get the 3.2 if you can. 2.3 pinions are often weak. 2.3 will work, but if you can get the 3.2. 3.2 is standard.

Anyone know how good the new novak mongoose will be? Will it be better than a Neu/Parmax? Got any links to good info on it?
the neu... i think not.. your comparing a super torque monster with high kv with a smaller but very smooth motor..
Old 06-04-2008, 12:12 AM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

2.3 pinions are often weak.

Just curious, but where do you get your material? You are a riot.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:07 AM
jaejw1

i did a review.. somewhere in here.... each alloy pinion for a 2.3mm shaft lasted me 2 weeks.. the steel pinions 3.2mm will last months.. if not years
Old 06-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Metallover

ORIGINAL: rckt_mtrspts

2.3 pinions are often weak.

Just curious, but where do you get your material? You are a riot.

God...... [8D] Lots of studying!!!

I do watch tourettes guy a lot though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myB_8UPTGBQ Don't feel sorry for him, he does have tourettes, but it doesn't make him do that. It's the alcohol. My favorite one: Dad, Do we have any eggnogg left? Your mother's the one who dicks with the egg nog, not me!

But yes, Jae knows how many minutes of running each part on the vendetta will last.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Frozen72

I'm happy that I didn't trade my Detta ST. Here is what I think would be nice it you made it:
Shock Towers
Arms (Front Rear Upper)
Derlin Spur Gear
Wing mount
Old 06-04-2008, 07:20 PM
dubluv

ORIGINAL: Frozen72

I'm happy that I didn't trade my Detta ST. Here is what I think would be nice it you made it:
Shock Towers
Arms (Front Rear Upper)
Derlin Spur Gear
Wing mount

I second both the Delrin Spur gear and a Delrin wing mount...
Old 06-04-2008, 08:02 PM
jaejw1

I thinkthe spur is strong enough,,,, after switching to steelpinions I have never had a problem,,,,,,
Old 06-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Metallover

Here is my experience with the vendetta. I have a brushless system in it. (would have my neu in it, but it broke before I got the Neu)
I broke: front body mounts, wing mount, front diff pinion, and motor mount after I drove into the curb at full speed. I can still use the mount, but now I need to use the spacers.

I can get aluminum body mounts, steel diff gears are coming out soon, the motor mount can still be run, all that I think needs to be improved is the wing mount. I think aluminum would do. Is this how your guys' wing mounts broke?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18789.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	963824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32541.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	963825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vb74036.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	963826  
Old 06-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Frozen72

Nope I tore mine off the gear cover.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Metallover

ORIGINAL: Frozen72

Nope I tore mine off the gear cover.
Sounds like you tried to break it. I was jumping into grass when I broke mine.

I have a quark 33a esc and it gets pretty hot. (With the junky walkera motor) The plastic case is loose, so would it maybe stay cooler if I take off the plastic case and put heatshrink around it and put the heatsink back on?

Frozen: happy 2500th post![8D]
Old 06-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Frozen72

That is what 10-15 ft jumps will do to a car.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Metallover

They actually weren't that big. I couldn't get a straight run at the ramp at full speed. maybe 8-10ft.

I will get a second vendetta roller and put all the good parts in one and make the other one a friend driver/extreme basher where I will do some huge jumps.[>:]
Old 06-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Frozen72

I'm debating keeping or selling mine to go BL/Li-Po in my Rustler...
Old 06-08-2008, 07:44 PM
revo_sbs
My Feedback: (23)

Here is my experience with the vendetta. I have a brushless system in it. (would have my neu in it, but it broke before I got the Neu)
I broke: front body mounts, wing mount, front diff pinion, and motor mount after I drove into the curb at full speed. I can still use the mount, but now I need to use the spacers.

I can get aluminum body mounts, steel diff gears are coming out soon, the motor mount can still be run, all that I think needs to be improved is the wing mount. I think aluminum would do. Is this how your guys' wing mounts broke?

I have broken mine in the same place. I am still under warrenty so I sent mine in and got another one. Gotta love that stress tech garuntee!!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Metallover

I drilled holes in the broken mount and put some bolts in the holes. I havent driven it yet due to broken diff pinion, but I'll tell you how it holds. Looks rock solid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.