Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 07:53 PM
J0EC00L
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Nice pics rocknroll! Provide a quick detailed list of what you've done.

Joe
Old 03-26-2010, 08:08 PM
rockNroll=ASP=

ORIGINAL: J0EC00L

Nice pics rocknroll! Provide a quick detailed list of what you've done.

Joe
rocker and steering bearings
center differential
trx gtr shocks
trx springs
bulks are sealed
hr knuckles
trx steel axles
trx steel balls
integy center shafts
punisher turnbuckles
punisher pushrods
pl holeshots on academy wheels
pl slipstream body

Old 03-26-2010, 08:16 PM
rockNroll=ASP=

oops, double post

Old 03-26-2010, 08:43 PM
hghflyrjd1

joecool yes it seemed like a great buy for sure so i guess i better make one of those connectors once i get my flux i should get my merv on Tuesday so ill be real busy up till the weekend getting them both completed
Old 03-26-2010, 08:45 PM
hghflyrjd1

anyone have the integy heat sink and fan or anyone know how to plug it up to the receiver or do i just plug it up to a channel and only use the two prongs cause the plug is a small square red plug not like the normal servo plug
Old 03-26-2010, 08:53 PM
J0EC00L

Hmmmm

not sure bro? The heat sinc and dan I purchased through thetoyz came with a plug end exactly like my servo and esc plugs.

All you need is a positive and negative, so it shouldn't be hard to Jerry-rig something that works. You can plug it into the extra channel on the rcvr. The esc works off one channel while the steering/servo works off another. If you see two channels marked as the same number, that is for dual servos.

Easy peasy.

Joe
Old 03-26-2010, 09:02 PM
hghflyrjd1

yea i had to open it and try it in my savage x plugged it into the empty slot and it worked cool..im dieing to get my MERV.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:12 PM
gforce2148

Nice ride Rocknroll! I really like your wheels and tires. How come you didn't cut the hole in the Slipstream body for airflow? Just wondering, since that is what Pro-Line designed thatbody for. Anyways, Ilike the looks of the Slipstream...very nice!!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:32 PM
hghflyrjd1

i have that body gonna do a silver with black
Old 03-26-2010, 10:03 PM
brianjskora

Joe-

Why is it better to charge through the high current plug? Didnt see on the video, maybe i missed it?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:20 PM
hghflyrjd1

some chargers only charge through the balance port not sure the benefit
Old 03-26-2010, 11:32 PM
hghflyrjd1

OK waiting on my Merv to arrive from Tower on Tuesday maybe Monday. Been waiting and buying while i wait spent god knows how much before i even have the Truck in hand but now have everything waiting, here is the list:

ALL NEW:

2x 3s 1800mah-2x 2s 2200 lipo packs With Thunder AC6 Charger/Balance/Dis Charge
Spectrum DX3E 2.4hz Radio
Slip Stream Body.Indy Silver and Metallic Blk Paint Cans Ready.
Pro Line Dirt Hogs on Titan Bead locks
RPM Arm Set/blk
Hi-Tech HS-82MG Servo
Trx Aluminum Titanium Shaft GTR Shocks
R-Trx Push Rods
R-Trx Toe Links
Trx Center Diff Kit
Trx CVD's
Trx Springs-Tan/Blk
R-Integy Knuckle Hubs F+R
R-Integy Shock Mounts
R-Integy Steering Assembly + Bearings
R-Integy Heat Sink + Fan
Delrin Rocker Arms + Bearings F+R
Wheelie Bar
Hollow Steel Balls
3Racing 115mm Vendetta Wing
Parallel Connector
Associated Diff Shims

Bought Today:
Integy Titanium+ Red F+R Skids and Red Aluminum Center.Any Ideas on em. They will be lighter and stronger for sure then the aluminum.And i got em for the same price as the aluminum stuff.NEW.

PLUS: I get to build a complete MERV from all New Fleabay parts and JOECOOLs ESC.All parts are here besides a few lil things that are in the mail.And this second MERV also has all but the aluminum integy parts.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:47 AM
BigGrump

Yea, I watched the charger video specifically looking for the reason it is better for the battery to not charge through the balancer, and I failed to see it. I am interested to know how it is not as good to charge through the balancer.

Thanks, Dennis
Old 03-27-2010, 01:54 AM
J0EC00L

I'll find the video guys, I know it's out there... I specifically remember watching it and the guy explains how it is better to have both plugged in while charging and balancing.

Wait a few and I'll retrieve the video

- found it!!! - see below
Old 03-27-2010, 02:06 AM
J0EC00L

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQIancXVHV8&feature=youtube_gdata[/youtube]

there's the video!! This guy is obviously an expert with lipos and nimhs and all sorts of chargers and batteries! Who else has 36 different chargers and 79 different batteries? Either and expert or a very lonely man... I stick with comment one for now.

I couldn't find the exact mention of the necessity to balance with both, aside from having it set up for this particular charger. I'll keep searchig, I know the info is out there!
Joe
Old 03-27-2010, 02:13 AM
J0EC00L

On this particular charger, it is setup to charge and balance using both. I know some chargers only charge via balancer plug... But I have also read somewhere on these rc universe forums, that it givess a full/deeper or better balance when you "charge" through the mains and "balance" through the balancer lead.

I'm sure you can still be safe and fine with the balancer only method... I just know using both will achieve better results down the road.

Joe
Old 03-27-2010, 03:14 AM
J0EC00L

Grump,

not sure if I mis spoke or it was mis interpreted, I don't beleive I said it was bad to charge through the balancer; if I did - then I was wrong. My intentions were to mention that it is better to "balance" while plugged into both the main and balancer. This is probably more so on the ac6 charger, but I know in many videos and comments on lipo balancer/chargers I see people with both plugged in.

I am still searching for where I found that info particular to the idea of using both the main and balancer. I know the video shows it, but he doesn't explain exactly why. I know it's been addressed on the MERV forums before, I just need to find it.

I definitely don't want to pass on bad gouge about lipo charging... I'm no expert by any means. If I am badly mistaken on anything in these boards, please dis regard any of those comments. Most of this info on the posts is opinionated, with factual references. Everyone is certain by now, that most of us are not experts and we look to these boards for some guidance and help. However, when it comes to lipos, to each his own! always be as safe as possible to prevent thermo lithium melt down of your favorite lipo batt

- cheers
Old 03-27-2010, 08:12 AM
hghflyrjd1

yea we never said it was BAD just a different method used by different chargers..all to his own..we are all here to help each other and share info..and BS alil haha
Old 03-27-2010, 10:48 AM
BigGrump

Thanks, My charger is an ICE charger and I can easily plug it directly into the main power lead of the lipos I have. My balancer is intended to allow charging through it. My balancer will balance the cells before plugging the balancer into the charger, so I assume it would also balance during the charging cycle of the charger hooked into the main lead rather than into the balancer.

The reason I jumped right onto your comments is the idea seems correct to me and I would like to make sure there would be no negative consequences in trying it. Actually, my balancer, while it cost pleanty, seems to be a cheaply built piece and the leads are so small and delicate.

Thanks, Dennis
Old 03-27-2010, 12:48 PM
J0EC00L

No worries,

I didn't take anything personal... i was more concerned that i don't pass mis information, since Lipos can be dangerous. the balancing lead does exactly what its intended to do: balance. the main charging lead does exactly what its supposed to do: Charge; thus, having both hooked up at the same time shouldnt hurt a thing. On our AC6 Thunder, it is recommended as it provides a deeper thorough balance and charge. If we have one unplugged during the balancing process, the computer inside will report malfunction.

That is probably what leads me to believe it is best to have both plugged in, and i know i read it somewhere and saw it in a video - i just have to find it somewhere.

There's probaby a million differnt threads discussing the lipo charging issue. I think it all boils down to the balancer/charger you have and what is recommended by its manufacturer.

Joe

Old 03-27-2010, 02:43 PM
hghflyrjd1

Started with just the chassis installed the diffs f+r skids esc F+R bumper and wing mount. tranny and center drive train.Just waiting for my MERV so i can get some parts off that.Work in progress.Still cant get over how small these things are never mind the single parts.lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18708.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	1405824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69048.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	1405825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36840.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	1405826  
Old 03-27-2010, 03:29 PM
z33guru

Well I found the next upgrade for my merv today. Busted a steering knuckle so I'm looking for an upgrade. Anybody know the scoop on some upgraded steering knuckles? RPM doesn't make em, and neither does Traxxas. I think a nice set of aluminum ones would be good here since they'll be pretty thick and hard to bend, and support a bigger set of wheels and tires. Might go ahead and grab the dirt hawgs i've been eyeing with em too.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:45 PM
honda2237

I personally am going to wait till rpm makes some, I don't want the added weight. They need to make them soon, because i have worn out all four already[X(]
Old 03-27-2010, 03:50 PM
z33guru

I hear ya! I always use RPM when I can! I was just thinking in this case aluminum might not be all that bad, I don't think its in a place where it would be easy to bend, it'll put a little more weight down on 4 corners, and seems like it'd be a good mod to support the stress of bigger wheels. Anybody hear if RPM is planning to make some? At least if I knew that I might work, the stockers are only like $5 for all 4.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:56 PM
honda2237

ya i know, I already have a heat problem running 23t spur with the dirt hawgs. I need some heat sinks and maybe gear down another tooth. I was thinking about calling rpm to see if they were.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.