Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 10:59 PM
hghflyrjd1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

will do ..Tuesday for sure
Old 03-29-2010, 06:18 AM
brianjskora
My Feedback: (3)

If I didn a revo all over again, I would get the following...

Aluminum knuckles.

Wider off set tires (monster ss again probably)

Black and tan spings

RPMarms front and rear.

Thats its

Oh, 2.4 radio, and sidewinder ESC when the stocker burns up

Old 03-29-2010, 06:46 AM
hghflyrjd1

ORIGINAL: brianjskora

If I didn a revo all over again, I would get the following...

Aluminum knuckles.

Wider off set tires (monster ss again probably)

Black and tan spings

RPM arms front and rear.

Thats its

Oh, 2.4 radio, and sidewinder ESC when the stocker burns up

SO your saying u haven't popped not ONE single drive shaft YET? ANd how do u drive your MERV and what Batteries do u have.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:00 AM
brianjskora

I've been through 2 chassis, 3 diffs, and so so many other things, so I do drive rough.I drive on road, but lately just my little track. I have never once broken or popped a driveshaft. Neither have my two buddies who have had them since I have. That sounds like landing with full throttle to me, butI dont know.

Tracks is getting two extra lanes coming up soon!

zippy flightmax 2s x 6
zippy flightmax 3s x 2
stock x 2
Old 03-29-2010, 07:06 AM
honda2237

same here never popped a driveshaft, I also run it rough. I did lose the screw to on of the driveshafts yesterday. I have gone through 2 knuckles (probably more since they are pretty worn), 1 diff gear, 1 shock tower (thats what i call it, but it holds the wing, body and bumper), 2 wings, and 2 receivers.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:09 AM
hghflyrjd1

well then i guess ill never break anything then .
Old 03-29-2010, 07:11 AM
honda2237

ORIGINAL: hghflyrjd1

I would hope not with all the upgrades you are got. I only broke the shock tower because i was jumping it 15-20 feet down hill and i couldn't see how it was landing, it would go like 10 feet up in the air.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:17 AM
hghflyrjd1

ORIGINAL: honda2237

ORIGINAL: hghflyrjd1

I would hope not with all the upgrades you are got. I only broke the shock tower because i was jumping it 15-20 feet down hill and i couldn't see how it was landing, it would go like 10 feet up in the air.

I agree the stock truck seems very sturdy and fasts as a bat outta hell.BUT ME being ME, i enjoy hooking up my vehicles. Im sure most upgrades will prove to be great and others MIGHT not but its all a trial and error thing.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:25 AM
brianjskora

Yea, the upgrades will be great, and im sure you will love them. One thing to check for though.. I once had an aluminum servo saver assembly, that rides on that little "y" piece in the front diff... and it had no give at all like it was supposed to. The aluminum was just too tight. Check yours to make sure it gives when you push on the two. I destroyed some servo's because there was absotely no play in the steering when you hit something. As long as it has the "give" that its supposed to, you should be fine.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:26 AM
hghflyrjd1

cool will do.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:41 AM
J0EC00L

Honda,

that mount yer callin the shock tower, is the wing mount. It provides more than just a mount for the wing, as you said... It houses the rear bumper, secures the rear diff with the chassis and balances the rear of the merv.

I haven't broken mine yet, though, I've broke just about all the same parts y'all have.

Still, you'll come out cheaper replacing stock with stock and you can probably buy multiples for replacement and still come out cheaper than putting in hop-ups. But as I read in a previous post, i'd rather only have to break down the merv for replacing parts every once and awhile, not after every run.

Joe
Old 03-29-2010, 07:44 AM
honda2237

ok thanks joe, Well i broke the wing mount on one side, but it is still functional. I am slowing upgrading and waiting for rpm to make more stuff for the merv.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:18 AM
z33guru

Mine has been impressively tough compared to most of my other vehicles. I snapped 2 a-arms, then upgraded to rpm arms. No problems since then until this weekend when I busted a steering knuckle in the front. I decided just to get another stock one for now since they were only $5 for a set of 4. I'll wait and hope some RPM ones come out. I want my merv to be as light as it can be so as not to lose any of the insane speed it has that makes it so much fun.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:24 AM
honda2237

ORIGINAL: z33guru

Mine has been impressively tough compared to most of my other vehicles. I snapped 2 a-arms, then upgraded to rpm arms. No problems since then until this weekend when I busted a steering knuckle in the front. I decided just to get another stock one for now since they were only $5 for a set of 4. I'll wait and hope some RPM ones come out. I want my merv to be as light as it can be so as not to lose any of the insane speed it has that makes it so much fun.
same here, i am very impressed, i only upgraded the shocks because they stockers were leaking. Ya i want mine to be as light as possible so i can stay with the 2s, i would rather not have to move up to the 3s, because of it just will wheelie to much and less runtime. Rpm needs to hurry up.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:39 AM
hghflyrjd1

I just seen RPM now has red arm sets.Available today
Old 03-29-2010, 08:44 AM
hghflyrjd1

Im sure buying stock parts are cheaper but Like JOECOOL said why stop the fun cause u broke some lil $2 peice and have to go all the way home just to fix it, or have to take the truck apart and wait for parts.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:19 AM
J0EC00L

Smart move their guru. Keep it as close to stock as you can. I am too am waiting on rpm to make some more parts for the merv. Their plastic is a bit tougher and I like the notion of less alum if at all possible. I'd even go with rpm plastic push rods and toe links if they made them. I like the flex plastic will give, I think it will limit the amount of other breaking parts, especially when everything isnplastic allowing some flex and give... Where as alum will just transfer the energy to a weaker piece causing potential breakage.

We need to formulate some type of letter or requestto rpm to make more items for the merv. I know at least 20 of us would buy them.

Joe
Old 03-29-2010, 09:23 AM
brianjskora

ORIGINAL: J0EC00L

Smart move their guru. Keep it as close to stock as you can. I am too am waiting on rpm to make some more parts for the merv. Their plastic is a bit tougher and I like the notion of less alum if at all possible. I'd even go with rpm plastic push rods and toe links if they made them. I like the flex plastic will give, I think it will limit the amount of other breaking parts, especially when everything isnplastic allowing some flex and give... Where as alum will just transfer the energy to a weaker piece causing potential breakage.

We need to formulate some type of letter or requestto rpm to make more items for the merv. I know at least 20 of us would buy them.

Joe

Agreed.If RPM knuckles and links were made, we'd be all set.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:24 AM
honda2237

ORIGINAL: brianjskora

ORIGINAL: J0EC00L

Joe

Agreed.If RPM knuckles and links were made, we'd be all set.
ow don't forget a wing, i am sick and tired of breaking them.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:26 AM
hghflyrjd1

i just called RPM about the red arms and asked if they had anything comeing for the MERV and he said NO we have some ideas but nothing comeing anytime soon...[&o]
Old 03-29-2010, 09:26 AM
brianjskora

Very true, wing also.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:26 AM
J0EC00L

They have ideas??? But nothing soon? dang, give us that number you called and I'll call them and tell them exactly what we want. If all of us do that, I'm sure they'll realize how kuch potential money they can make here!

We want the following parts made in their quality plastic, chime in if I forget something.

Knuckles
wing
push rods
toe links
rocker arms
body mounts and posts
drive shafts like the stock
center drive shaft like the stock
a chassis brace to run along the bottome or like a roll cage

if I missed anything let me know.

Joe
Old 03-29-2010, 11:42 AM
z33guru

Yeah, I agree with all those, but for sure:
#1 Steering Knuckles
#2 Push Rods
#3 Toe Links
#4 Driveshafts / Halfshafts
Old 03-29-2010, 12:30 PM
stone777
My Feedback: (10)

hay had mine for two weeks make sure you change the pinoin win you run two packs or 3cell lipo i frid my esc  gets too hot and dose not go into thermal and you well burn you esc, it just did to me, but it is a crazzy litty truck
Old 03-29-2010, 01:45 PM
J0EC00L

Ooh Fried the esc huh? Yeah this mamba max pro is fairly cool to the touch but isn't performing up to standard as j would expect. It seems like the velineon esc was a better performer. But as someone mentioned earlier, I probably just need to program the esc to the right performance mode and I'll see the difference.

Joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.