Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Tee Dee Frustration

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Tee Dee Frustration

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 09:49 PM
Esteban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CLBetten
It's a Lil (com) Bat from Black Hawk. The other (they come two to a box) flies nice with a Black Widow but could use more line tension. Launching and handling is a little awkward due to the shape/ planform. I fly over grass. I hope to fly the heck out of them tomorrow. The RC flying is banned for a couple days within a 30 mile radius of my house because the President is visiting the Air Force base about a mile from here.
Have you already flown the Lil'Bat with the new setup?
Old 04-16-2015, 08:47 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aspeed
That plane looks like a Lil Bat. I got one too, it needs a TD I think, or a Norvel.
That Cub would be lots of power if it was free flight.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:34 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Cub, ya if it would run. I got six and sold off a few. Most of them did not even run. Maybe with a bladder.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:44 PM
CLBetten
My Feedback: (16)

I never did run it with the tank vent blocked. I've broken the engine in. My tank was foaming. I rotated it 90 degrees. I get nice steady performance in all practical attitudes holding it. I haven't been able to fly. We've been having 40-60 mph winds and snow.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:09 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by CLBetten
I never did run it with the tank vent blocked. I've broken the engine in. My tank was foaming. I rotated it 90 degrees. I get nice steady performance in all practical attitudes holding it. I haven't been able to fly. We've been having 40-60 mph winds and snow.
Sounds like kite flying season..
Good to hear you've made progress with the engine. Some times fuel foaming will go away when you hold the model, but come back once you've released it. It's weird how some of the worst looking set ups work fine and then a decent looking tank install can have problems.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:51 PM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A single drop of original formula Armor All in a quart of fuel will cure most fuel foaming issues. Old control line stunt trick.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:56 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 049flyer
A single drop of original formula Armor All in a quart of fuel will cure most fuel foaming issues. Old control line stunt trick.
That always sounded like pure wizardry..!
I admit that I've never tried it [and subsequently forgot about trying it].
Old 04-18-2015, 04:40 AM
fit90

I originally thought someone was pulling my leg about the Armor All until I tried it. I had a Norvel Big Mig that wouldn't run out an ounce without leaning and dying. I suspected fuel foaming and tried the Armor All. It worked beautifully!!!
Old 04-18-2015, 05:22 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

It makes things glossy with a thin coating of silicone oil, which acts as a defoamer. Not the greatest for plug elements but the practical effect is small - may accelerate deterioration of the element via deposits is all.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:19 AM
Mr Cox

I've never understood why/how foaming would be a problem?
The clunk should stay in the fuel and if there is a little bit of bubbles or foam on top of that it shouldn't matter...

Air bubbles in the fuel line are more likely to come from vibrations of the tank, this can send the clunk up above the fuel level, thus sucking air.