Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

ULTRA RC KATANA XTREME - new release

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

ULTRA RC KATANA XTREME - new release

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Rocky V.
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KATANA XL - new release

I've left messages everywhere. It's only been a couple of weeks, I'm sure he's busy, not overly concerned but a response would be appreciated...
Old 08-12-2007, 10:11 AM
maineflyer
My Feedback: (44)

Anyone have a comment on the servos I listed above? Looking for some feedback.
Thanks
Jeff
Old 08-13-2007, 10:29 AM
whayden2003
My Feedback: (1)

Flew the kat this weekend for the first time, THIS PLANE IS GRRRREAT!! I have a Saito 180 running 30% cool power with a mezlik 18/6 carbon, hitec 5645s on everything but the rudder which has a hitec 5955. Plenty of power, great control and feel hardly any trim needed. I install the servo for the rudder in the rear so the wing is in the far aft postion. Great plane I have had it sence Chrismas just got it done. The covering had wrinkled up and it lifted off the leading edge of the right wing in flight, ending the session for the day kind of hairy landing it was causing a lot of drag. Great plane would buy more of Ultra-RC's products.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:57 PM
finishman2000
My Feedback: (7)

another week...no deacals where are they ultraRC?????
Old 08-15-2007, 11:25 AM
FentonFlyer
My Feedback: (11)

FWIW, I also contacted them regarding decals. I was told they'd ship out right away. That was 2 months ago.
On my end, I haven't been real proactive in trying to contact them since I blew up the hall sensor on my Brison 2.4 trying to diagnose a really bad glitch problem. The plane is just hanging in the basement anyway, so who needs stickers...

Old 08-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Rocky V.

ORIGINAL: maineflyer

Thanks
Jeff

Hey Jeff,
Just so you don't think your question is being ignored, I am running the same servos you have in mind on a Funtana 90 that weighs 10.1 lbs. It has very large control surfaces and is just a little smaller in wing area. It is about 2yrs old, with a hundred flights or more, and the servos still work great. I noticed a little slop developing in the gear train a couple of months ago, so I snugged the dead band slightly with the programmer. I am running a NMiH 2500mh 5cell receiver pack that I made from Sony AA's purchased from Fry's for like $10. I can get at least four 10 minute flights without having to charge. IMHO you will be pleased with those servos.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:40 PM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: maineflyer

Thanks
Jeff

Rocky,try calling them first thing in the morning,around 9:00 am eastern i have always gotten a hold of them at this time.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:31 PM
maineflyer
My Feedback: (44)

Thanks Rocky, I appreciate the response..
Jeff
Old 08-15-2007, 07:41 PM
finishman2000

well if they don't contact me by friday I will file a claim with my CC company. They did not inform me of the lack of deacls but they knew they were not in the box. I will keep posting.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:00 PM
664KIX

ORIGINAL: finishman2000

well if they don't contact me by friday I will file a claim with my CC company. They did not inform me of the lack of deacls but they knew they were not in the box. I will keep posting.
I really don't think posting here or threatening action is going to help you much here. I too have been attempting to contact them for the past week or so. My understanding now is the company is changing hands. I was friendly with Brian and know a lot about what is going on. They are having major issues with their original factory. The quality of the products they received was horrible and they refused to sell them. Brian has left the company, and my understanding is they are in the middle of changing hands. I am sure they will be addressing all the open issues.

By the way finishman2000........did you hear why the decals were not included with the plane? The factory spelled everything wrong, didn't use the graphics Ultra sent them, and now Ultra is doing their best to have them made locally, all out of their pocket.

I don't know everything going on there.....but I do know they got screwed and are doing everything they can to recover.

Personally, I will be amazed if they can make it through these issues.....this same factory has caused problems for EF, QQ, Ultra, and a few others. They shouldn't be in business at all!!!

If I hear back from them, I will PM you finishman2000.

Ryan
Old 08-19-2007, 07:05 PM
finishman2000

Great then I will have no problems with my claim. They did not do what they said here and in e-mails that they would. I don't want stories or problems, I want my decals.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Rocky V.

ORIGINAL: finishman2000

Great then I will have no problems with my claim. They did not do what they said here and in e-mails that they would. I don't want stories or problems, I want my decals.

I understand where your coming from finishman, I'm now in my 4th week without any word or contact with anyone from Ultra. If it is an issue of additional time needed due to a bad shipment of product from overseas, I don't have a problem waiting. However, simply ignoring customers does not seem to be a wise way to stay in business. Even if the call volume is high, it only takes a second to post on a forum and essentially mass communicate...
Old 08-26-2007, 06:32 PM
bbagle1

I have been flying my katana for about three months now with a well used YS 140. After a few deadsticks I am giving up on that engine. I just purchased an OS 1.60 with macs header and pipe. I'll be running this with a cline regulator. Any ideas on the best carbon fiber prop for this setup? Also is the stock carb with remote valve ok or should I buy a perry carb? If anyone has a similar combo id love to hear how the performance is. My plane with the YS 140 came in just under 10lbs.

Also I need to buy new landing gear legs but all I can find online is the complete set and i just want the carbon fiber. I have tried calling UltraRc a couple of times with no luck is there any other way to get them or is there something else I could use?
Old 08-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Travis73

If you were able to get ahold of ultra rc they do sell just the carbon fiber, my most recent set are made out of piano wire covered with thin aluminum tubing which looks pretty good but it is starting to give me problems as well. I will probably install a more traditional type landing gear next and be done with it.

I am running the ys160 and love it, no deadsticks, awesome verticle, I only wish I could get my ys110's to run as good/
Old 08-31-2007, 08:28 PM
bbagle1

After calling three times a day for a week, sending emails, and sending PM's to ULTRARC trying to get replacement gear legs I gave up. I found the Giles for sale at OMP and while they didn't have the legs available I did find out that UltraRC is either out of business or on their way out of business. I did not inquire as to why but it now makes sense why I couldn"t get in touch with anyone. If anyone has more info on this please let us know.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Rocky V.

Bummer.

I was looking forward to the Katana. Unfortunatly I had to file a claim with my CC co. It's been 5 weeks and nothing from Ultra. Their web site is still up, but does not apear to have changed / updated in weeks. Those interested in items from Ultra should be forwarned, it apears the site will still accept orders, and the $ will be charged, but who knows where the money is going...

I wish those of you with Katanas' many enjoyable flights. I sure would like to have been one also... [&o]
Old 10-11-2007, 05:18 PM
skiman762

I see their still selling them on fee bay but I think I'll pass even though there 200 bucks after reading this stuff
Old 10-20-2007, 08:23 AM
droosta

I wish I had seen this post earlier. I bought the Katana XL on the 10th, was charged on the 13th, and still no shipping confermation.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:29 AM
EdgyEdge540

Are they not even picking up their phone?
Old 10-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Rocky V.

Hard to believe their web site is still up. Anyone know who should be contacted to shut it down ? It has not been updated in months, but will still accept you $ if you place an order.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:50 AM
ULTRA-SALES

To all it may concern:

I will post this information once. Ultra-RC is being controlled by a new company. There are tons of rumors being posted all over this site. Some of which have some factual information, most of which are simply unsubstantuated gossip. Regardless, here are the facts:

We are selling the remaining Ultra inventory via eBay. We are not going to produce any new products. We do have, and will continue to have, replacement parts for all the recent Ultra planes, while supplies last. We do not, and will not, have a telephone number. All communications and business are being done via typical e-commerce solutions, aka e-mail, etc. All orders are being processed within 48 business hours and are more typically shipping within 2 days via UPS. You can check our eBay feedback and see we are indeed shipping all the planes we are selling and in a timely fashion.

In regards to the website.......the final website update is in the works. We have removed credit card processing as an option for payment. The only option is to pay for product we have on hand, which is CLEARLY marked on the site as in-stock vs. out-of-stock, with PayPal. Very soon, you will see the new update which will only show the product we currently have available. In the meantime, anyone who has any questions can contact us at: [email protected]

Last, we will not be monitoring posts here on RCU for information pertaining to orders or stock status, etc. If you would like to receive this information, please email us at the above email. You questions will be answered within 24 hours.

Thank you for your time. We appreciate are valued customers continued business and support.

Ultra-Sales
Old 10-21-2007, 07:04 PM
droosta

Great so this threads dead now? I just bought one of these birds and will be seeking advice I'm sure. I'll be relying on you owners because there's no such thing as customer support! Surely theres SOME pilots across the globe still flying this wonderful aircraft.

Also- I've been unable to find any other useful threads or video other than whats here so if anyone has had any better luck PLEASE let me know.
Thanks, Drew
Old 10-21-2007, 07:42 PM
finishman2000

there are 246 posts so i don't think you'll be reinventing the wheel here.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:19 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

yep i took the plunge,bought one off ebay for 200.00.i could not pay the 300.00 plus when ultra had them for sale.
ENJOY!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:39 AM
JoeyCoates

Yep, so did I. I am still trying to decide on an engine though, even after reading through all 148 pages of the Giles thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.