Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aerodynamics
Reload this Page >

digital wind tunnel

Community
Search
Notices
Aerodynamics Discuss the physics of flight revolving around the aerodynamics and design of aircraft.

digital wind tunnel

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Lafayette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default digital wind tunnel

Hi guys please give me links to free or demo versions of digital/virtual wind tunnels

I am trying to make my own airfoil or test other airfoils. I want to have a program where I can plot my OWN airfoils and load existing airfoils and test them under certain conditions and angles of attack. The information I want to get from these tests is at what point along the wing EXACTLY does the boundary layer separate and how much lift and drag the body i drew produces- I would like to draw not only airfoils but other shape like fuselage shapes, but if only airfoils are allowed then fine.

PLEASE guys if you know of such programs then I would appreciate youd leave a comment with their name.

Lafayette, thanks.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:17 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: digital wind tunnel

I use Compufoil.com. Dan.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:51 PM
MikeChilson
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try MicroCFD...

http://www.microcfd.com/

Will take some time to get up to speed but will do everythign you need.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:21 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I mentioned Xfoil as supplied with Profili2 in the other thread. For airfoil designing that's the one you want. It won't show you the air actually flowing over the wing but it provides you with pressure distribution curves and Cl vs Cd curves.

Also have you checked the links provided in the sticky threads at the top of the listings? There's lots of good info out there that is linked in that thread.