Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

SD-10G Programming

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 01:30 PM
JES
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SD-10G Programming

I am trying to program the dual rates on my rudder to be controlled buy throttle position. I want high rates at idle and low rates everywhere else. I have been playing with the custom mixes but have not come up with the answer. Is this even posible?
Old 09-03-2011, 04:39 PM
ArchNemesis

Default RE: SD-10G Programming

Very possible.

Simply set your rudder 2nd rate to be on a stick switch.

Set rate 1 at your high rates (say 100%).  Then set rate 2 to be your low rates (say 50%).  Go to the SW menu and set your Rudder 2nd rate to be on SS1 (Stick Switch 1).  (The Stick switches are after you've gone through all the numbers...ie. it's after Switch 34)  Then go to the Stick Switch menu (it's one below the switch menu) and go to Stick Switch 1.  Set the stick to be THR, and then move the stick to the position you want to activate the rate change and push the + key. 

Make sure the setting right below that is set to H (that means that the switch is ON when the stick is High, rather than vice versa.)

You're done.

To confirm, just hold your rudder at full deflection as you increase the throttle stick (with the motor off) and you should see the rudder change at the point where you set the switch.

Let me know if this helps...it's a little convoluted as I read this...lol

Old 09-04-2011, 12:45 PM
JES
My Feedback: (19)

Yes that did work. I really don't understand how the programming works. I assume you make the throttle your dual rate switch, because the switch assigned to the rudder now has no effect on rates.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:02 AM
ArchNemesis

You can assign any switch to any function (and multiple switches if you like).

So if you still would like to have the rudder dual rates, or a triple rate, on a switch in addition to the stick switch, you can just go to the SW (switch) menu in the System screen, and where you've set rudder rate 2 to be on SS1, you and OR that to an addition switch number.  It should default to OR, but if it says AND just put the cursor there and hit + or - and it will switch.  Then move to the next column and put in the switch number that you would like to see your rudder rate on.

If you OR them, then any time EITHER condition is met, you'll be in Rudder rate 2.  So if the throttle stick is high, OR the switch is turned on, then you'll be in rudder rate 2.

If you AND them together, then they BOTH need to be active to get rudder rate 2.  Make sense?

Old 09-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Nathan King

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the same thing for my snap rolls by "AND"ing the traditional switch with a stick switch. When the switch is engaged AND my ailerons are over 80% of travel my throws change. Set your setup to "OR" and you'll have high rates when the throttle is idle. The plus is that if you want high rates at a high throttle setting you can override it with the switch, but only if it is programmed as "OR."
Old 12-02-2011, 06:50 PM
grmills

On my old JR or Futaba the timer could be started automatically beyond a choosen throttle stick position This is great because I forget all the time to start the timer manually. Can this be done on the SD-10G??? Thank you.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:57 PM
MikeGreenshields

Yes, using the stick switches exactly like Mark described. The stick switch functions give you great flexibility if you want to use the sticks to change parameters, start the timer, etc.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:51 PM
grmills

It may work for the control surfaces but I could not get it to work for the timer. Will try Jack Albrecht and others for more details. It is Greek to me.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:23 PM
grmills

Problem has been solved. Jack posted good detailed instructions on the Internet dated August 2009. His directions really work. He is a good guy. We need of his type. Thank you. Jack.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:49 AM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: grmills

Problem has been solved. Jack posted good detailed instructions on the Internet dated August 2009. His directions really work. He is a good guy. We need of his type. Thank you. Jack.
Where are they posted?
Old 12-03-2011, 09:55 AM
ToddNicholson

Hi,

You can find it here:

http://rcheliguy.dyndns.org/global/a...By%20Stick.pdf

Best Regards,
Todd Nicholson
Team Airtronics