Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Good for another two years .....

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Good for another two years .....

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 12:34 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Good for another two years .....

Today , I renewed my AMA membership on line . It took all of 3 minutes and 2 of em were finding the reading glasses so I could see the numbers on my debit card . It got me to thinking ....

As we all know , there are 1 year , 2 year , and lifetime membership durations only . Every 2 years I renew . I really wish there could be a 5 year renewal , and yes it would be membership fee X 5 with a small fee reduction such as goes along with the 2 year . 1 year= 58 , 2 years= 113 , savings = 3 ... Maybe do 5 years for around 280 ? (58 X 5 =290 with maybe 10 off in keeping with the "buy more get it cheaper" ethos of product sale ?)

I wouldn't even dream that it could be set to coincide with my Driver's license renewal , which renews ever 5 years now .

So I guess my question here is , would anyone else sign up under a 5 year plan if one was offered ?
Old 12-03-2013, 06:09 AM
init4fun

Well , there ya have it , 67 views in three days without a single reply . I guess I am the only one who would do a 5 year signup .

Thanks for reading ....
Old 12-03-2013, 07:27 AM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I signed my grandson up for 14 years when he was 5.

As for Open members, many of those folks don't buy green bananas.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have gone back to doing single years. I sometimes get half price for having CD' a contest. Also do not buy green bananas.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:59 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Well , there ya have it , 67 views in three days without a single reply . I guess I am the only one who would do a 5 year signup .

Thanks for reading ....
Personally, I think the 5 year option would be good business for AMA. I have noticed in the Model Aviation magazine over a couple years, there is a fair number of new Life Members, fair as compared to years past. In addition look at the number of members donating $$$ outside their membership dues. Just maybe these extra donation dollars are the reason AMA has not increased dues for a number of years.
With the large number of donations, just maybe AMA thinks that a dues increase would cut out those donations. OTOH, when this AMA FOUNDATION gets going, I predict that will be, "Katy, bar the door." If AMA then gets the GREEN LIGHT to be the Community Based Organization, I predict that there will be a number of changes.
The EC is supposedly now rewriting the AMA By Laws and other operating rules will be changed big time after that happens, so just maybe your 5 Year Plan will be there.
How was it stated by Ben Franklin I believe, something like - "No one's purse is safe when the Legislature is in session". The same for AMA's Executive Council!
Old 01-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

I would sign up for 5 years, and I'm 84 in 3 weeks.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:48 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Originally Posted by Red Scholefield
I would sign up for 5 years, and I'm 84 in 3 weeks.
So Cavalier...Why not just opt for the lifetime membership then????
Old 01-28-2014, 09:26 PM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

I'm pushing 76 and feeling poorly. Renew for 2/5 yrs. I may not see it.

CR
Old 01-28-2014, 09:28 PM
Charley

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
So Cavalier...Why not just opt for the lifetime membership then????
Crank, are you a life member?

CR
Old 01-28-2014, 09:45 PM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by Charley
Crank, are you a life member?

CR
No, not sure how much longer I'll be in the need for the membership either.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Charley

No, not sure how much longer I'll be in the need for the membership either.
OH, oh! How old are you Crank? I'll be 76 in April next.

CR
Old 02-01-2014, 06:29 PM
littlecrankshaf

OH, oh! How old are you Crank? I'll be 76 in April next.

CR
Charley,

I am quite a few years younger than you...but just old enough to qualify for seniors discount at most places...been a member of AARP for a few years now...BTW You know AARP is a great promoter of getting older...LOL

Sorry if my answer seems a bit evasive but as someone that has been a victim of some weirdo's internet stalking I must refrain.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Charley

Charley,

I am quite a few years younger than you...but just old enough to qualify for seniors discount at most places...been a member of AARP for a few years now...BTW You know AARP is a great promoter of getting older...LOL

Sorry if my answer seems a bit evasive but as someone that has been a victim of some weirdo's internet stalking I must refrain.
You gotta be kidding! I've never known you to refrain from jumping in with both feet. You're a frequent AMA gadfly. Now you have me wondering if you qualify for that. ??

CR

Last edited by Charley; 02-03-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:05 PM
littlecrankshaf

You gotta be kidding! I've never known you to refrain from jumping in with both feet. You're a frequent AMA gadfly. Now you have me wondering if you qualify for that. ??

CR
Charley,

I gave you a respectful answer...but if that's not what you want that's fine too.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Charley

Charley,

I gave you a respectful answer...but if that's not what you want that's fine too.
Yup. Respectful and evasive. Your choice. I've never seen why one wants to voice so many opinions while hiding behind a pseudonym. I've always been up front about who I am.

CR
Old 02-04-2014, 07:44 PM
littlecrankshaf

Yup. Respectful and evasive. Your choice. I've never seen why one wants to voice so many opinions while hiding behind a pseudonym. I've always been up front about who I am.

CR
Ok then...would you post a picture of yourself?
Old 02-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Charley

Sure. Will you post who you are?
Old 02-05-2014, 09:32 AM
littlecrankshaf

Sure. Will you post who you are?

I have...matter of fact in the past there have been entire threads devoted to people obsessing over me. Hard to believe you don't know who I am. Matter of fact I would bet heavily that someone, that is also obsessed, has clue you in by now with their rendition of who I am.

One thing I find interesting is that you find my anonymity an issue. Why so obsessed with who am??? There are plenty of others to obsess over...Why me??? By your posts it seems you feel scorned in some way. And we we know hell has no furry...

BTW still waiting on that picture of yourself.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:05 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok, that's enough pissing and moaning guys. If you don't have something to discuss concerning the AMA then let's wrap this discussion up. I swear sometimes you guys seem to find the silliest things to get wrapped around the axle about.

Ken
Old 02-05-2014, 11:25 PM
littlecrankshaf

Something AMA might consider is to allow members to put credit card information of members on file for automatic renewals. I do that on as many things that I can to pre-empt my forgetfulness. I do that here for my RCU membership.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:20 AM
cj_rumley

Something AMA might consider is to allow members to put credit card information of members on file for automatic renewals. I do that on as many things that I can to pre-empt my forgetfulness. I do that here for my RCU membership.
With the recent exposure of security flaws at Target et al in the news, I'm leery enough to be dropping auto renewals that require payees to maintain my personal data. I'd rather do it through an escrow agent like PayPal to minimize exposure to hacking. Doesn't negate your thought though, as AMA accepts PayPal, which I have used for convenience in membership renewal. AMA treats it like cash, so I get an immediate confirmation by email. If paid by CC, there is wait until the charge has cleared plus processing time (I think by a 3rd party) to mail out the membership cards by the batch.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:46 AM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
With the recent exposure of security flaws at Target et al in the news, I'm leery enough to be dropping auto renewals that require payees to maintain my personal data. I'd rather do it through an escrow agent like PayPal to minimize exposure to hacking. Doesn't negate your thought though, as AMA accepts PayPal, which I have used for convenience in membership renewal. AMA treats it like cash, so I get an immediate confirmation by email. If paid by CC, there is wait until the charge has cleared plus processing time (I think by a 3rd party) to mail out the membership cards by the batch.
Good points. Although I'd wager there are a good many that considers AMA's ability to protect them and their personal info more than adequate and would jump at the option.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:43 PM
Charley

Originally Posted by RCKen
Ok, that's enough pissing and moaning guys. If you don't have something to discuss concerning the AMA then let's wrap this discussion up. I swear sometimes you guys seem to find the silliest things to get wrapped around the axle about.

Ken
OK, OK. I just wanted to pull crank's chain a little.

CR, AMA 6903
Old 02-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Charley

I too use Paypal but I don't connect it with a bank account.

CR
Old 02-08-2014, 06:30 AM
init4fun

I think this is a great idea , automatic renewals , as yet another "convienence option" for folks to consider . CJ does make a good point about security , but then again It's to the point that if a dedicated hacker wants something , be it national security secrets or an AMA mender's account info , well they're gonna get it . Nothing is "hack proof" and the world can't base It's decisions on "well what if a hacker steals it" .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.