RCU Forums - View Single Post - Good for another two years .....
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 07:59 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Well , there ya have it , 67 views in three days without a single reply . I guess I am the only one who would do a 5 year signup .

Thanks for reading ....
Personally, I think the 5 year option would be good business for AMA. I have noticed in the Model Aviation magazine over a couple years, there is a fair number of new Life Members, fair as compared to years past. In addition look at the number of members donating $$$ outside their membership dues. Just maybe these extra donation dollars are the reason AMA has not increased dues for a number of years.
With the large number of donations, just maybe AMA thinks that a dues increase would cut out those donations. OTOH, when this AMA FOUNDATION gets going, I predict that will be, "Katy, bar the door." If AMA then gets the GREEN LIGHT to be the Community Based Organization, I predict that there will be a number of changes.
The EC is supposedly now rewriting the AMA By Laws and other operating rules will be changed big time after that happens, so just maybe your 5 Year Plan will be there.
How was it stated by Ben Franklin I believe, something like - "No one's purse is safe when the Legislature is in session". The same for AMA's Executive Council!