Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

What status to fly in International RC competitions for Team USA?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Both American legal residents and citizens
53.45%
Citizens only
46.55%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

What status to fly in International RC competitions for Team USA?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 10:51 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What status to fly in International RC competitions for Team USA?

Well lets try this one again and make it a little bit more balanced in context.

Should American legal residents and American citizens be able to fly in International RC competitions together for Team USA.

Should only American citizens be able to fly in International RC competitions for Team USA.

Please note that illegal American residents/aliens will not be allowed to fly in AMA sanctioned International RC competitions for Team USA as per Dave Brown. The poll is for American legal residents and citizens only. Current status documents for legal residency must be presented to compete for Team USA for non citizens.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:55 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: What status to fly in International RC competitions for Team USA?

Team USA members should be American citizens, for all the reasons that have been discussed over and over and over in several other threads.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:57 PM
STLPilot

Would be nice to keep this polling at non biased as possible, but we know that isn't going to happen.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:05 PM
piper_chuck

How can it not be biased, you are asking people for their opinions? If there are people who are new to this discussion, why should they not have the ability to see what others think about this subject before they make a decision?

However, if your intent was that nobody should post, say that clearly in your opening post, and ask a moderator to monitor it and remove ALL responses.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:20 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Old 01-12-2006, 01:23 PM
STLPilot

OMG ... you need help. Re-read it. THIS POLL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ILLEGALS!!!!!!

There is a difference Woops.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:31 PM
piper_chuck

Woops, seems somebody is taking this issue a wee bit too seriously!
Old 01-12-2006, 02:56 PM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: piper_chuck
Oh and you're not?

Chip sent me a couple PM's trying to prove to me he was Mr. Right Guy because of the results of his polling.

While I have no doubt that the poll will still be in favor of "only citizens" this poll will prove to Mr. Hyde that his polling was TOTALLY biased on his initial post and type of poll he created and the storm he tried to create.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:05 PM
the-plumber

What status to fly for USA in _any_ competition . . . voter ID card.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:03 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Old 01-12-2006, 04:33 PM
STLPilot

Okay, I don't mean that illegals should fly.(If you look at what I've written before, ya'll woulda known that.) My point was that you will never have an unbiased poll.
Oh really? So far the vote count is 7 to 7. Since I am not a "Chip Hyde", nor a member of the F3A team, nor am I a member of the rules commitee, nor did my opening statment have any influence on the polling, nor did it have inaccurate facts, my polling will be much more accurate and much less biased then Chip's.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:55 PM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Oh really? So far the vote count is 7 to 7. Since I am not a "Chip Hyde", nor a member of the F3A team, nor am I a member of the rules commitee, nor did my opening statment have any influence on the polling, nor did it have inaccurate facts, my polling will be much more accurate and much less biased then Chip's.
Dion-

You've made your point well, and not only did your opening statement not have any influence on the polling, the poll itself, like Chip's, and all the discussion about it does not have any influence on the FAI/F3A eligibility rules, not now, not ever. They are what they are, there is no interest on the part of individuals that have any measure of control/influence over US participation in FAI to change them.

Like, you are defending the law of gravity against some that want it repealed.

Abel
Old 01-12-2006, 05:16 PM
STLPilot

I understand completely Abel what you are saying and totally agree.

This poll was created to show Chip Hyde that his poll was innacurate was biased. Like I said, he sent me some PM's trying to defend his poll and to sort of rub it in my face that he was right and I was wrong. He also stated that he wanted to tell me what he thought about me, but for some reason he didn't do it.

I understand that this poll will have no influence on what happens on higher ground, but it will show Chip that accurate and unbiased statements in a poll make for more accurate polls.

This is why it's illegal in America to wear buttons, hats, shirts or any other type of politcal propogada while inside a polling facility, to keep it unbiased. Chip himself as a very large influence in this hobby and is a walking talking button. I have all the respect in the world for Chip Hyde and I respect his opinions very much more then he thinks, those are his beliefs, but his poll was nothing more then a biased and political ****storm.

The one thing I don't have respect for Chip for when he said "we'll only use legal residents if they can't field a complete team for USA". That is the most un-American statement I've ever seen posted on these forums.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:31 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the AMA Forum best along with a big Pepsi Cola, and a big bowl of popcorn! Sometimes even a good cup of coffee, and a bag of chips goes good with the AMA Forum as well! So lets keep up this debate for my pure and simple enjoyment!
Let me get things fired up again, and offer myself for the flaming or sacrifice by stating that "Citizens Only" is going to prevail by a large margin if this poll continues to run very long IMO. I believe that the majority of Americans like to see other Americans do well in any type of sporting or competition event. Prejudice plays no factor! I don't care if it is Chineese American, African American, Latino American, Native American, Swedish American, etc etc etc. Just so long as it is an American competing for the home team!
Please let the roasting begin![:@] Don't worry, I can take it!
Old 01-12-2006, 05:39 PM
abel_pranger

ORIGINAL: ckangaroo70

I love the AMA Forum best along with a big Pepsi Cola, and a big bowl of popcorn! Sometimes even a good cup of coffee, and a bag of chips goes good with the AMA Forum as well! So lets keep up this debate for my pure and simple enjoyment!
Let me get things fired up again, and offer myself for the flaming or sacrifice by stating that "Citizens Only" is going to prevail by a large margin if this poll continues to run very long IMO. I believe that the majority of Americans like to see other Americans do well in any type of sporting or competition event. Prejudice plays no factor! I don't care if it is Chineese American, African American, Latino American, Native American, Swedish American, etc etc etc. Just so long as it is an American competing for the home team!
Please let the roasting begin![:@] Don't worry, I can take it!
Well, I have reservations about those Swedes............could we keep them out of it?

Think about buying a car. Seems after you've arrived at a deal with guy wearing suede shoes and too-short pants, they turn you over to a closer to work you over again........closer always seems to be some fast talking Swede.

I wouldn't want one of them representing America and apple pie and such.

Abel
Old 01-12-2006, 05:41 PM
STLPilot

"Citizens Only" is going to prevail by a large margin if this poll continues to run very long IMO.
Agreed. But I will bet large sums of money that it will not be as imbalanced as the previous poll that Chip posted.

For 2 reasons and I'm sure many more.

One we've been talking about it and debating like good ol' Americans.

The last person that created the poll was using it for his political standpoint and influenced the poll.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:47 PM
ckangaroo70

Abel

I find what you say to be fairly correct, but I happen to be a fan of the Swedish Meatball! I am an Irish American myself, and a good beer goes very well with swedish meatballs! So I am always carefull to try an not offend the swedish! Probally why I always get the worst deals on the new cars I have bought!
Old 01-12-2006, 05:58 PM
ckangaroo70

"Citizens Only" is going to prevail by a large margin if this poll continues to run very long IMO.
Agreed. But I will bet large sums of money that it will not be as imbalanced as the previous poll that Chip posted.

The last person that created the poll was using it for his political standpoint and influenced the poll.
I can actually agree with that! I don't know Chip, and I would like to think he is a fine fellow, but just because Chip asked the question meant nothing to me! I just asked myself what I believe, and thats what I wrote! I agree that there are all kinds of people just looking for someone to lead them around, and these people are easilly influenced by others they admire! I am not one of those people! I draw my own conclusions, and if my conclusion is proven wrong, then I will say I was wrong. I never pretend to be the all knowing! When a question is asked, I just try to answer it the way I honestly feel, and outside influences(except for my wife) don't make decisions for me! So I will keep reading the debate here, and if someone can convince that my opinion was wrong, then I will say I was wrong! Until then I still stand behind my opinion which is that Americans should represent Americans!
Old 01-12-2006, 06:02 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: piper_chuck
Oh and you're not?

Chip sent me a couple PM's trying to prove to me he was Mr. Right Guy because of the results of his polling.

While I have no doubt that the poll will still be in favor of "only citizens" this poll will prove to Mr. Hyde that his polling was TOTALLY biased on his initial post and type of poll he created and the storm he tried to create.
Chip's poll was very simple: "Should positions on US World Champ Teams be filled by US Citizens, Yes or No". Your poll is no different. It seems you are just trying to prove that you are right and he is wrong. Why didn't you just create a poll that says "Who is right, Chip or Dion"? Don't bother answering this.

People have already expressed their opinions on this issue. Nine out of 10 said the team should be made up of US Citizens. Accept the facts, you are in the minority on this issue.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:07 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: woops
What status to fly for USA in _any_ competition . . . voter ID card.
That's a great idea except you need a provision for those under 18.
Woops
This problem was solved in the last thread. Since this is a team that's going to travel internationally, anyone who is on it will need a passport. Only US citizens can get a US passport.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:09 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: ckangaroo70

I can actually agree with that! I don't know Chip, and I would like to think he is a fine fellow, but just because Chip asked the question meant nothing to me! I just asked myself what I believe, and thats what I wrote!
When I answered the last poll I had no idea who had created it. I don't keep up with the name of every person on RCU. I did the same as you, asked what I believed, and voted as such.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:11 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: woops

piper_chuck:

Woops, seems somebody is taking this issue a wee bit too seriously

Okay, I don't mean that illegals should fly.(If you look at what I've written before, ya'll woulda known that.) My point was that you will never have an unbiased poll.

Woops
I think you misunderstood my comment.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:42 PM
STLPilot

Your poll is no different.
Then why didn't Chip's poll start off 7 to 10???

Sorry Chuck you are wrong about this one. Chips poll was VERY biased and looks like others think the same. Also I'm not a "RC star" like he is, I'm just a commoner.

Chip personally influenced the poll in his statements in the first post, clear as day. His initial post outlining the poll also contained at least 1 inaccurate statment.

If you go into a polling booth you will see polling card. The polling card outlines the candidates and their parties very simple and non biased.

Whether you knew who Double Vision was or wasn't it doesn't matter, the poster still influenced the poll.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:48 PM
piper_chuck

Your poll is no different.
Then why didn't Chip's poll start off 7 to 10???

Sorry Chuck you are wrong about this one. Chips poll was VERY biased and looks like others think the same.
You are already behind 7 to 10 and you're gloating? Man, you've got issues.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:39 PM
ckangaroo70

Has anyone else noticed that it is always us same dozen or so people that post in the AMA forum regularly? Out of all the RCU Members, you would think there would be more than just us small handfull of people that care about AMA issues! If anyone is a minority, I would say it is us! I started a poll over in the R/C Truck Forums a week or so ago, and within 5 days it had 200 votes! It was actually just a silly little poll that did not really ask anything all that important, but yet people flocked in to vote. I think STLPilot's poll is fine, and it ask a good question, but it just seems that maybe there is just a small handfull of us that are always here that care one way or the other. Out of our little AMA Forum group we have about 6 people who are always against whatever the other 6 are for. So regardless of which way you voted I believe the bottom line is that most people in general just could care less one way or the other about the issues we are always bickering about! These issues do matter to me, and I know they matter to the other handful of folks who post in the AMA Forums, but I think at least half of us could agree that most AMA Members in general could care less about these things we talk about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.