Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

RichModels Works LTC ARF's

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

RichModels Works LTC ARF's

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 10:19 PM
cornbinder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RichModels Works LTC ARF's

here is another link to another long-ez i think is extremly close to the ones you all have pls ck and post your findings.go to raidentec.com and on there front page click on the p-40 photo it should take you to the long-ez 46 this is the one that i recieved for christmas along with there 90size f-6f hellcat regards mike.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:58 AM
jmupilot

Looks like the same model but your cowl has cheeks (scoops) to mabye add some air flow over the motor. Wish the RichModel one had the same cowl. Different trim schemme but its easy to take the one off the RichNodels one so I may go with my own some time later. I pulled the trim off the bottom as it matched the top and may have made the model hard to keep in proper flight atitude at distances.

Pete
Old 01-01-2006, 01:06 AM
cornbinder

would you know what the throws on the control services would be by any chance? noticed that the color trim on mine is also exactually the same on top as is the bottom so i will be doing the same. my cowl measures 4 3/8 wide 5 1/4 high and 51/2 in length you might be able to get one of these from ak models if the demitions are close.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:46 AM
Cryhavoc
My Feedback: (46)

Anyone got any pics of where this dang chrome rod goes?
Old 01-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Cryhavoc

Nevermind...gotit

Thanks
Old 01-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Cryhavoc

Did anyone measure their control throws from one that's been test flown? I'd like to compare mine to theirs. Trying to finish this up on my last holiday for a long time. Thanks
Old 01-02-2006, 12:15 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

1/2" each way on aileron and elevator works fine on mine.

Jim
Old 01-02-2006, 09:44 PM
jmupilot

I have approx the same as jrf's. I put in lots of exponential too, its very sensitve on pitch. I tried to fly mine some more yesterday, but my retractable nose gear kept giving me fits. Gotta fix that now.

Pete
Old 01-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Cryhavoc

That's what I'll dial it in with to start. W/plenty expo as well. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:00 PM
elsabella
My Feedback: (20)

Hello all, I just finished mine and took it out for its first flight today. I am running a magnum .46 with a pitts pipe, and a 10x6 prop. You need alot of runway for take off. The plane is slower than expected, I think a different prop should help this, Any suggestions? I have my controls set at 1/2 in. with no problems in flight. I may move that up to 3/4 for more control. Landings are a breeze with this thing, but need lots of runway. My CG is just what the book states. I did it with an empty tank. Tomorrow I will post more pics of the finished model a little different then the earlier pictures I posted. Thanks to all who have posted info that was not in the instructions. This was a great help!
Old 01-07-2006, 08:19 PM
jrf

One of the guys at our field had his prop on backward and it flew, but was slow. The numbers and letters on the prop go toward the front of the airplane. The Long EZ is not slow with the prop on the right way.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Cryhavoc

Congrats on a successfull maiden flight! Thanks for the flight review as well. Look forward to seeing the pics.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:08 PM
elsabella

Now the newest post said that the prop maybe on backwards. Now that I think about it, is it? The white writing faces the rear or faces the nose? This is a pusher prop. Now I can wait till tomorrow for the second try with it the other way.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:41 PM
elsabella

Here are some pics of the new and finished canard.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96031.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	383124   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27272.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	383125   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qw56495.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	383126   Click image for larger version

Name:	Au56041.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	383127   Click image for larger version

Name:	It10002.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	383128   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aq98790.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	383129  
Old 01-08-2006, 10:25 PM
jmupilot

Nice looking LongEZ. Did you have the prop on backwards? Best way to tell is that the curved surface goes forward. I am using APC props so cant judge by the writing on the prop. Its a 10x6 also, and mine is quite fast. Long takeoffs are just part of the planes inheritance from the full scale LongEZ. They have a bit longer takeoff roll too. glad to hear you had a successful first flight. Aren't the rolls nice and smooth? I didnt get a chance this week to fix my retract problems so I didn't get to fly mine this weekend.

Pete

Old 01-08-2006, 10:35 PM
elsabella

Yes, as a matter of fact it was on the wrong way, now I got the speed I'm looking for. I'm thinking about a three bladed prop, I think It will give it a better look. Rolls are the smooth and gentle at low rate. After that, I had to try high rate, what a blast! Landings are long and just when you think your okay to flare she comes again! It took about five landings to figure out the landing speed.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:10 PM
cjackgo

Mine's done and ready to maiden, but my usual flying field (a dry lake bed) is under water. With the long takeoff this plane seems to have, I think I'll wait for the maiden flight. My secondary flying area is much smaller.

I decided on a three blade pusher prop for appearances and to make sure the prop doesn't hit when flareing on landing.

Here's a picture of the set up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39640.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	384218  
Old 01-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jmupilot

Nice looking LongEZ. Did you have the prop on backwards? Best way to tell is that the curved surface goes forward. I am using APC props so cant judge by the writing on the prop...............Pete
Pete,

You need to buy a "Pusher Prop" It the prop is turning the "wrong way" with the engine turned around. Puting the prop on backwards won't work very well do the the curve of the pitch in the prop.

The other solution to to using a "tractor" prop is to buy a Counter Rotating Crankshaft If it is made for you engine.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:27 PM
jmupilot

I have an APC 10X6 pusher on mine. I was saying it has no writing to tell if its on backwards like the MasterAirscrew props do. Mine is flying fine. I've had pusher planes before nothing new to me. Guess you just misunderstood my post.

Pete
Old 01-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jmupilot,

I was sure about your post, but I have seen others get the whole pusher thing wrong. From trying to run the engine and/or prop backwards to the wrong type of prop.

A few years ago I saw a guy with a Balsa USA Force One, he had the pusher prop but label facing aft ...engine screamed as he attemped takeoff but never got past a fast taxi speed.

bob
Old 01-09-2006, 05:59 PM
jrf

jmu:

APC pusher props have the numbers molded on the back of the blades. In this case, as with all APC props, the numbers should face away from the engine.

Jim
Old 01-09-2006, 06:52 PM
SIREX

I just mounted the motor today. Did any one have trouble attaching throttle linkage. My engine is mounted like the photo in CJACKGO's post above. I have a GMS .47 with Bison Pitts muffler. I also have the rich model version. It looks like I will have to move the attachment piece on the carb 180 degrees and then bend the linkage to mate with it. Any thoughts? I have been putting this together for a while been working a lot overtime. Boy these directions are horrible.

Thanks

Shayne
Old 01-09-2006, 07:32 PM
jrf

"It looks like I will have to move the attachment piece on the carb 180 degrees and then bend the linkage to mate with it."

Yes, that's the way you have to do it.

Jim
Old 01-16-2006, 05:10 PM
jmupilot

Flew mine again this afternoon, had a blast. the more time I get on the stick the more I can slow this thing down. Made some nice long slow flybys this afternoon. May need to do some shimming of the engine as it changes trim with throttle settings. Got to do some stall testing, and this model will fly pretty damned slo if ya want it too. I got the retacts fixed so it look like the full scale on flybys with the nose gear up and tucked away. Anyone else got to fly anymore? Was wondering it anyone else noticed a trim change with low and high throttle. Mine needs some up at highthrottle and then when i come back to 1/4 throttle it needs down trim. Maybe its the balance too. Anyone have some thoughts on this. Been flying for 30 yrs, but I'm new to canards and dont know it they have the same trim characteristics as conventional aircraft. Will try and get some in flight pics and maybe a small video posted this weekend

Pete
Old 01-16-2006, 05:59 PM
jrf

"Was wondering it anyone else noticed a trim change with low and high throttle. Mine needs some up at highthrottle and then when i come back to 1/4 throttle it needs down trim."

I had to add 2 1/2 degrees of "downthrust" (washers between the firewall and the engine mount on the bottom bolts) to solve that problem.

Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.