Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Revolver or Aeroworks Edge

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Revolver or Aeroworks Edge

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Mikes145
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revolver or Aeroworks Edge

I currently fly a low wing trainer similar to a Tiger with a 70" wingspan. I would like to move up to more of an aerobatic plane and was considering the Great Planes 70" Revolver or the Aeroworks Edge 540t. The Edge is currently out of stock through Jan 2010 and I'm trying to make a Christmas list. Would the Revolver be as good with aerobatics as the Edge? I plan on putting a Magnum .91 four stroke in it. The Revolver would also be cheaper through Tower Hobbies and shipping would be free. Thanks for the help.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:22 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Revolver or Aeroworks Edge

The Edge is a great ARF. I've had mine for a bit over a year and am very happy with it. The CG recommendation is way too conservative, but that's the only problem I have with the ARF. That's quite amazing! I've got a Magnum 91 FS on mine, and I'm quite happy with the pair. I'd want more power on a 70" WS model, but it's great with the AW Edge. The Edge is very light-weight and well-built.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:13 PM
ro347
My Feedback: (13)

I thing these planes are two totally different types of flyers. i have the aeroworks edge and love it. Its a super aerobatic plane capable of 3D. It might not be the best 3d'er....but its alot of fun. With the CG set right it just floats and is pretty easy to fly. Im using a saito 100 for power.

From what Ive read...the Revolver is a faster flyer, sport aerobatics. ( My understanding)
Old 12-02-2009, 11:07 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The large Revolver is a really decent flying plane. It's really what you seem to be looking for. I'd say it would be capable of holding it's own in the entry class of precision aerobatics. And that's saying it's fairly easy to fly it accurately. It helps you, and it'll do the moves needed.

It might be the best step-up airplane for most guys who're looking to move forward.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:14 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Either is nice. The Edge will be better suited for 3D type stuff while the Revolver is more for high speed, precision and high-level sport flying. Quality on both is great. Take your pick.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:24 PM
JWQ500RC
My Feedback: (2)

I have a Revolver, and I had a Edge. Both a very good flyers. As stated above the Revolver is faster and flies more like a pattern ship. The Edge is slower and maybe a little more aerobatic (3d).
You couldn't go wrong with either one.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:28 PM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

2 different airplanes.... the Edge can be a 3D -  IMAC airplane, the Revolver for me is just a pattern airplane, get the edge and you will not regret. a .91 will do good power.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:27 AM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

From what Ive read...the Revolver is a faster flyer, sport aerobatics. ( My understanding)
Yup...The "Revolver" is a "Giles" in disguise...IMHO