RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   Dave Patrick super cub (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/2016643-dave-patrick-super-cub.html)

ThomasP 08-06-2008 03:31 PM

RE: Dave Patrick super cub

Hi Folks,

Just aquired a set of Hanger 9 1/4" scale floats for my DPM Super Cub , has any one carrried out this conversion? It does not look too complicated to complete, would appreciate any feed back.

The quality of the floats and fittigs are first class. :)

TripleDeucer 08-06-2008 10:07 PM

ORIGINAL: ThomasP

Hi Folks,

Just aquired a set of Hanger 9 1/4" scale floats for my DPM Super Cub , has any one carrried out this conversion? It does not look too complicated to complete, would appreciate any feed back.

The quality of the floats and fittigs are first class. :)
I got a set of these floats and am considering sending them back. I must have gotten the first of a trial run late on friday afternoon. They painted right over the center seam joint without much sanding and over globs of filler or fiberglass slag. Even though everything came packed good and wrapped up, all the struts and bars were terribly scratched up like they had been ratting around for a while.
Then to top it off, I got two forward joiner bars instead of one front and one rear. I have been in contact and am waiting for them to find a rear joiner bar. They are not in any hurry, but I am with a big float fly happening in two weeks.

TripleDeucer 09-29-2008 07:43 PM

So, has anyone heard anything about when Cermark is going to have stock to sell? Hope d patrick hasn't convinced them to hide as well.

frank99 09-29-2008 09:38 PM

if dp stays in the background , well the cemark rep said oct or nov but was not set in stone dec 24 would be nice frank

frank99 09-29-2008 09:41 PM

got my os 1.6 4c and the custom header from the welder, need servos anyone know the size that i should use, thanks frank

TripleDeucer 09-29-2008 10:56 PM

Frank, you will need 5 servos in the 70+ oz-in. range. One pull-pull on the rudder, two for ailerons, and two for elevator. The control rods and cable are furnished. You can use standard grade servos on the throttle and flaps. You will also want to use a computer radio that can mix elevator comp with use of the flaps.

feyzan 11-03-2008 10:34 AM

I am about to start putting together my Dave patrick's cub. I already have a OS 160 twin, besides a 120 single cylinder. What is the right choise,,Please advise

Thanks to all

Feyzan

frank99 11-03-2008 10:41 AM

the best is the great os 1.6 4 cycle, sound and power you cant go wrong. wish i could come to Turkey and help you and see your country ,thanks frank

frank99 11-03-2008 10:43 AM

I have the 1.6 header, servos, and need the plane , it is going to be released again under a new company in sunny ca, sometime in dec 08????? thanks frank

TripleDeucer 11-03-2008 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: feyzan

I am about to start putting together my Dave patrick's cub. I already have a OS 160 twin, besides a 120 single cylinder. What is the right choise,,Please advise

Thanks to all

Feyzan
The 1.60 is the right choice.

stevenchao 11-06-2008 04:22 AM

DPM PA-18 Super Cub and Clip Wing PA-18 Cub update,

We are currently working on the prototype. It has been constructed. I am certain that we will miss the 2008 expectation. We will not re-introduce a product if we can not equal the original. Our expecation is to better than the orignal. We will keep everyone updated as best we can.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
Cermark

outacontrol41 11-06-2008 09:05 AM

Glad you're making progress. Thanks for the info.

antolacu 02-18-2009 08:26 PM

i search and i need, like you,piper super cub of dave patrick!!!where i can find. website of dave patrick is close,please help me, and send me mail on [email protected]

thanks a lot
antonello Romanucci (italy)

TripleDeucer 02-19-2009 12:59 PM

Steven Chao, how about an update on the Cub progress?

sj3cub 02-19-2009 03:32 PM

Guys, it will be best to keep looking for one NIB or used from an individual, because the Cermark PA-18 is not going to happen. I might be wrong, but its a strong feeling I have. I will no longer allow myself to get excited about a pipe dream. Which ever MFG that does come out with a scale PA-18 (that has the quality and is as scale as the DPM) will not be able to keep up with demand as DPM has already proven. I really feel for you guys that have waited for over 3 yrs now.

TripleDeucer 02-19-2009 04:05 PM

sj3cub, I have had mine for a few years. I am interested in a new windshield, as mine has a crack developing. Was hoping for parts availability soon.

sj3cub 02-19-2009 05:33 PM

Triple, You had better just make your own plug and form your own windshield. Its going to be hard for any MFG to match the DPM Super Cub. As bad as his previous business plan was, he designed and MFG some of the best quality/flying ARF's there are. As much as a pipe dream it is, if he did bring his line back his models would still continue to sell as well as any others out there.

outacontrol41 02-19-2009 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: sj3cub

Guys, it will be best to keep looking for one NIB or used from an individual, because the Cermark PA-18 is not going to happen. I might be wrong, but its a strong feeling I have. I will no longer allow myself to get excited about a pipe dream. Which ever MFG that does come out with a scale PA-18 (that has the quality and is as scale as the DPM) will not be able to keep up with demand as DPM has already proven. I really feel for you guys that have waited for over 3 yrs now.
Well spoken and sadly, I think you are correct. Time to move on. [&o]

deadstickdan 02-19-2009 08:04 PM

Please try this contact information for your windshield replacement:

Aerotech Models In Minneapolis has replacement front windscreens for the D/P cub in stock for $35.00 plus shipping e-mail [email protected] or call Wayne at 1-612-721-1285. They are made of .040 PETG

This is where I was able to get my replacement for my DP Super Cub and it fits perfect! The material seems to feel a little thicker than what came with the kit.

Dan

TripleDeucer 02-20-2009 01:05 PM

Hey Dan, thanks for the info. I'll get one before they disappear. Someone else has the Cowl and Hangar 9 has a usable LG, so I think were covered for parts.
Thats great, Thanks again.

deadstickdan 02-20-2009 07:20 PM

TripleDeucer,

Fiberglass Specialties has the cowl which is more sturdy than the stock cowl, although that translates into a little more weight. Quality of Fiberglass Specialties parts seem to be very good.

Dan

stevenchao 03-06-2009 05:18 PM

Update: We have modified the door, interior, and electric system. We are in the process of new protype #2. We are still aiming to keep all the parts interchangeable (as best as possible). The first version's parts were not good enough.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK

ProScaleRc 03-09-2009 09:28 PM

I'm excited about this. To be honest I never thought it would happen. I have a DPM Clipped wing and always wanted a STD yellow Super Cub... Any photos? Will you be taking pre-orders?

frank99 03-09-2009 09:37 PM

pro they might be made in your back yard, put some pressure on somebody and get the orders started thanks frank

stevenchao 03-10-2009 02:40 PM

Yes, our staff have offered to make the darn thing in their house (to speed up the process)... I have already turned down their offer:)

At this time we are not taking pre-orders, because we are not at the stage that we can confidently say that we are in production. Remember, we absolutely will not go into production until we are certain that the new version is an improvement to the orginal. We have to hold the line somewhere. We hope you understand that we are not trying to diss our potential customers.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK