Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

nitro planes, no response

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

nitro planes, no response

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 09:25 AM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nitro planes, no response

ORIGINAL: azmld

I have tride calling , waited over a hour to get no dial tone , e- mailed nitro support ,- went to rcdiscuss , and can not get a activaction code, keep getting erropr report , what can I do , have some serious manifacture flaws in one prouduct and its costs me a lot of money

As I mentioned previously RCdiscuss & Eric is the way for you to handle this.

If you couldn't get an activation e-mail, just create a different username and try again.

However be absolutely sure that you are not anti-spam filtering e-mails from their sending servers.

That appears to be the problem you are having.

Some ISP's default to having anti-spam on, on their servers, so you may never see the rcdiscuss.com initial e-mail appear.

I've dealt with business vendors who couldn't get through to me via Comcast because of the same issues... I had to log into the Comcast e-mail WEB SITE and disable the anti-spam filtering there to cure the problem.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Sounds like what they put me thru, email site down on their end, Endless wait on hold, busy signals and after two weeks a very rude individual who I nearly hung up on, I needed to resolve a internet order gone wrong so put up with his crap!
Old 03-20-2011, 06:57 PM
azmld

This is the deal , they make it so hard to contact them , that 99% of the consumers will not pursue , so what I will do is never buy from them again , and make sure, and person that takes intrest in the hobby that is in my circle , knows to notbuy from them .Airplanes are new to me but Helis are not ( I have purchased at least $6500.00 dollars of helis and parts) and just found out they own XHELI , and that is who I bought from' so I will not buy from that web either.

This is what I would do , If I were them ................answer customer support,or take it offline,and not tell people to go to another web site to get answers , then pick up the phone , when some one calls , and keep their live chat going,
They ditch every easy path consumers have to resolve issues , except rcdiscuss , and guess what , they make it so hard to subscribe , that it is not worth it.
In three months , I have bought 3 planes from them , never again ,
WHO"SLOSS

Old 03-21-2011, 07:49 AM
opjose

That's nice... but it doesn't really solve your problem.

If you are interested in doing so please do as I mentioned.

It's very easy to contact them if you do things this way.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:43 PM
azmld

I will past and copy what I posted to RCDISCUSS

Thanks , I think???
Went to LHS and purchased new , brushless , prop , and was talking to vender about problems.He said he usually wont do this, on a plane he did not sell,bring it in and he would have a look. He also said that the 2-4degrees are common , but he said I was new and ,it still will not be that hard of a right turn.He said that I did somthing wrong.He helped me install needed parts and we buttoned it up.He moved the position on the control horns , on ailerons , to get max throw. We went out to the parking lot and HE tried it , it took a hard right , except he did not let it get only a few inches off the ground , and landed it .
Now even he was at a loss . We went inside and he put 2 washers behind the motor mount( it was still at an angle) took it outside , up it went straight  as could be ,he still said i needed to use more left turn than there should be.
Went back inside and purchased a new plane from him.
Went home and took new plane(after setting up) poped it in the air and few it untill batts were getting low,no problems.
Got out PA 18 (after charge) and it came up but hae to keep tapping left , to keep it somewhat straight.
Got out both of my corsairs (from Nitro)up they went no prob)
Old 03-22-2011, 06:25 AM
armody
My Feedback: (10)

Hi y'all,

I'm not trying to hijack this thread here, so please sorry in advance. I'd like to add my experience in response to heavy metal thunder,. as I love heavy metal rock. I just have the experience of flying and assembling the ARF or RTF over 6 years + which is NOTHING, building experience is just 2 months now, how as I've found me a great Mentor who is teaching me how to make a plane from Kits and has over 30 years of experience building the plane under his belt with innovations and minimizing the chances of plane getting crashed but not crash proof. Very precise and thorough guy. Fortunately a great friend of our club gave me 2 Kits for free, Sig Kadet MK II and Ultra sport both are 40 size, which I'm gonna start building in few weeks coming ahead. That's my learning part and a whole new dimension.

Now as far as ARF are concerned my Mentor says ARF are piece of ........ That's his experience. I bought Phoenix model Strega 40 ARF for $120. I did not assemble it well, wings were not aligned but it had a lot of work to do, and I was happy it flew good, not perfect until it had a tip stall and crashed but wing was only snapped in 2 pieces, fuselage was not damaged only the wing joint bolts part was. I learned how to repair it and wing is repaired now, needs the cote on it now which I'm gonna do this Sunday as for the last more than 2 months I've been going every Sunday or Sat and Sunday to his house as he has every possible piece of equipment that needs building. As I got into the depth of it, I found out how cheaply these planes are built, many places sub standard material, many places glue is missing, pieces are moving, not strong ribs, many things, spar is not glued right. I'm just talking about the ARFs under the range of $200 as the manufacturer does not have time to keenly look into everything they gotta just push it out as soon as possible. ARF's really are convenient for us, but something which you build or assemble a Kit is different thing. I bought another ARF which is GP's Revolver, China made, that's my last project, as I gotta assemble it once I pass through the kits.

I wanted to share it and as I'm going deeper I'm learning a lot, as a lot of ARF's are made sub-standard as they are potential risk of getting crashed. Crash is inevitable but it can be minimized, that's what I'm learning.

Vendors/Sellers who ever they are, not taking care of the customers is basically losing revenue in the end and that's not right at all.

Mody
Old 03-22-2011, 07:33 AM
opjose

ORIGINAL: azmld

I will past and copy what I posted to RCDISCUSS

Thanks , I think???

Good...

Make SURE you post in the Nitroplanes CRM section and start your post with

Problem with order YSTxxx

Where YSTxxx is your on-line order number that you received.

This will save a round of going back and forth and get you immediate attention.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:59 AM
armody
My Feedback: (10)

Hobby partz

http://www.hobbypartz.com Aren't they part of Nitro planes? If yes, I bought 4 servos from them, and mail lady left the package in her van and updated the status as delivered, Today I sent my wife to find out what happened to the package so, it was sitting there as she forgot. As it happened yesterday, I shot email to hobbypartz and the guy said that if you have not received, I'm going to process the new order for you, it would take processing days to be outta their warehouse. They did things pretty fast. If hobbypartz are the part of nitro planes, can they be contacted as well?
Old 03-23-2011, 08:06 AM
opjose

Yup. Same thing, go to their CRM area at RC-Discuss.

I normally get an answer or "fix" within the day.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Sad state of affairs when you have to trick a company to provide the customer normal service?
Old 03-24-2011, 01:30 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: Gizmo-RCU

Sad state of affairs when you have to trick a company to provide the customer normal service?
Trick?

It's right on their web site...