Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Throttle arm

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Throttle arm

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 11:45 AM
chopper man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle arm

I am using an OS 46 in my Tower Kaos. After placing the engin into the mount the throttle arm hits the front support of the fuselage. I see that there is a set screw on the top of the throttle arm assembly. If I loosen this set screw will I be able to adjust the throttle arm so that when it goes full forward it will not hit the fuselage brace? Thanks for the help.

Gene
Old 06-03-2013, 12:37 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Throttle arm

Not all versions of the OS .46 has the same carburetor and there are variations in the way you would make that adjustment depending upon which model. If you see a set screw on the side of a throttle arm ring then you are correct and that is where you would make that adjustment to clear a nose ring or tight fitting cowl.

John
Old 06-03-2013, 01:00 PM
chopper man

Got confused with another application. Old age. [] It is a magnum .46. Don't know if that makes a difference.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:36 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ya me too sometimes If it has the throttle arm ring with a set screw then it will adjust in the same way.

John
Old 06-03-2013, 02:47 PM
chopper man

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Gene
Old 06-05-2013, 07:34 PM
KitBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chopper Man...
How do you like the tower version... I'm ordering the orignal Utter Chaos from bridi and have a 40 or 46 and assume I should go with the Evolutin 46. Tower says the ARF is 5.5 .to 6 lbs and Bridi says 5.. wonder what the difference is - maybe engine size has a bit to do with it.

I'm thinking of rotating the motor 145 degrees to get the muffler down near the bottom
http://www.bridiairplanes.com/hangar/utterchaos40.html
Old 06-06-2013, 07:50 AM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My last one I mounted off 90 degrees and the one hanging on the rack is going to be mounted the same ~~ if I ever get around to it . ENJOY !!! RED
Old 06-07-2013, 05:02 PM
chopper man

ORIGINAL: KitBuilder

Chopper Man...
How do you like the tower version... I'm ordering the orignal Utter Chaos from bridi and have a 40 or 46 and assume I should go with the Evolutin 46. Tower says the ARF is 5.5 .to 6 lbs and Bridi says 5.. wonder what the difference is - maybe engine size has a bit to do with it.

I'm thinking of rotating the motor 145 degrees to get the muffler down near the bottom
http://www.bridiairplanes.com/hangar/utterchaos40.html
I love the Kaos from Tower. This is my second one and might buy one more to put away just in case I can't get it any longer at some point.

Gene
Old 06-07-2013, 08:36 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I've heard that the Tower Kaos is a touch bigger than the original Bridi .40 Kaos due to the fact that a .46 is pretty much standard these days while hot .40's were the way to go back then. Whether it is or not, I fly mine with a TT .46 Pro and consider it appropriately powered. Another pilot in my club has a ball bearing .40 in his (IDK what brand) and says it actually flies better with it due to having less torque and p factor to deal with.