Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

What Servo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 07:07 AM
derrick05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Servo?

Im trying to get a little input here about upgrading the steering servo on the nemesis.I dont consider myself to be extreme on my truck,so Im not looking for the best that money can buy[X(]I actually do okay with the stock one,but I do need to upgrade to the next level,so if any of you guys know of a servo thats just a LITTLE better than stock,let me know
Old 07-17-2008, 07:55 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: What Servo?

If you're going to move up from stock, do it right. A big JR or my fav, Hitec 5955 TG
Old 07-17-2008, 11:33 AM
derrick05

Yea,I knew that one was coming.Thanks but like I said,Im not trying to get the best money can buy.My only problem with the stock ones is they dont last very long[:@]They do good enough for ME while there working,but my point is if Im going to rebuild my truck once a year,then I would like a servo that will last between rebuilds,hopefully for less than $100.00,The best I can get out of the stock ones is 4 to 5 months of fairly light use.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:48 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can get the Hitec HS5955TG for under $100 on ebay. Here is the link

<link removed>
Old 07-17-2008, 06:09 PM
93firebird

I just put a JR ultra high torque 403 oz/in in my Genesis, and I love it, now if I could just get the other servos to stop twitching since I've put it in there
Old 07-17-2008, 08:41 PM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

<link removed>
Yea,I guess that would be the best route,and the smartest[8D]
Old 07-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Tree1

You can get a Hitec 5955TG at Donalds Hobby for $89.99 and usually with free shipping. Check it out.

http://www.donalds-hobby.com/prod/Sc...dproduct=42427
Old 07-18-2008, 02:25 AM
nomobux

ORIGINAL: derrick05

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

<link removed>
Yea,I guess that would be the best route,and the smartest[8D]

Good, You'll like it. Strong and fast !
Old 07-18-2008, 07:14 AM
derrick05

Thanks for the input from everyone,and once again,you guys have showed me the RIGHT way.I will be ordering that servo next weekMy lady wont let me spend anymore $$ this weekWhat Ive been doing is bouncing all over the web buying parts here and there to rebuild my truck.I havent ran it in a week because Im waiting until I get everything and do a total rebuild at once instead of a part here and there.The good part about it is I can go fire my truck right up and it still runs excellent.I love it more than anyotherMy pinions are thin and a few other normal wear things.My parts from cen should be here today and all the rest by the middle of next week.Will have around $300.00 in this rebuild but its well worth it when I know I can run hard for another year to come without worring about breakageI have about 3tanks of fuel left in a gallon that will make12 gallons and still running decent with good smoke(muffler smoke)
Old 07-18-2008, 07:33 AM
The Real Dogman

Well Derrick, if your pinions are thin then it sounds like ou will need one of my [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5477827/anchors_7740888/mpage_5/key_/anchor/tm.htm#7740888]"Bell Buddies" Found Here!![/link] And for only $25 shipped you will pay for it the first time you change your pinions and not damages your clutchbell trying to remove the gears. PM and I will get you set up!!

EDIT ADDED BTW those JR servos are notorious for causing sytem wide glitching!! Thats why we dont use them for Rock Crawling. Get rid of it and your glitching will stop!!
Old 07-18-2008, 07:46 AM
derrick05

I have been watching the bellbuddy since you first started with it,and my atitude was,Im not going to need that,but the more I think about it,It will probably be a wise investment.I am an excellent mechanic.My skill level is high,but if THE REAL DOGMAN has broken a clutchbell,then surely I will to.I will have to get back to you on that sometime in the near future.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:50 AM
The Real Dogman

LOL yep I have broken 3 before I finally got pissed enough to make a tool, now noone should break one!!

The heat tempering those things go thru makes them VERY brittle!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 06:31 AM
derrick05

Parts arrived on time and I managed to change out my pinions without breaking my clutchbell,but I was really sweating on that one.I used the same technique you guys told me about my center diff.I held it easy,at the strongest points with plumbers pliers and torched it until the threadlock burned,and the gears came off very easily,but man oh man I was sweating that thing like a poker hand but we made it and all is well
Old 07-19-2008, 07:45 AM
nomobux

Parts arrived on time and I managed to change out my pinions without breaking my clutchbell,but I was really sweating on that one.I used the same technique you guys told me about my center diff.I held it easy,at the strongest points with plumbers pliers and torched it until the threadlock burned,and the gears came off very easily,but man oh man I was sweating that thing like a poker hand but we made it and all is well
Good, as long as you didn't distort the bell with heat or the pliers ( easy to do )
Old 07-23-2008, 06:11 AM
derrick05

What do you guys use for your throttle/brake servo?Ran yesterday and the clutchbell is fine.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:43 AM
nomobux

What do you guys use for your throttle/brake servo?Ran yesterday and the clutchbell is fine.
I put a Hitec HS985MG on the Matrix TR for T/B. Happy so far.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Tree1

I am using another Hitec 5955TG on my TR Arena for the throttle and brake. It has more than enough torque to stop such a heavy truggy.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:24 PM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: Tree1

I am using another Hitec 5955TG on my TR Arena for the throttle and brake. It has more than enough torque to stop such a heavy truggy.
I was trying to get out of buying two of those,but all other worthy options from hitec arent any cheaper so I guess I will be getting 2 5955TG(ouch)Im gonna go broke.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:30 PM
nomobux

I was trying to get out of buying two of those,but all other worthy options from hitec arent any cheaper so I guess I will be getting 2 5955TG(ouch)Im gonna go broke.
You don't need a 5955 for a T/B ........... lunacy , unless you like burning money
Old 07-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Tree1

ORIGINAL: nomobux

You don't need a 5955 for a T/B ........... lunacy , unless you like burning money
When I first got my TR Arena FRE, I searched on TruggyRacers.com for set-ups and tips. Almost everyone was using the Hitec 5955TG for both steering and throttle/brake. I decided to do the same especially since the TR is one of, if not the heaviest truggy out there. It stops my lead sled of a truggy on a dime. Is it overkill?... maybe but for the price I got them for, why not use it.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:30 AM
derrick05

I see where both of you are coming from,besause my thinking is that would be overkill on b/t.I found a HITEC 5645MG=168 [email protected] for $47.00,I just have to find out if all HITEC servos come with the same warranty because I have to have the 3 years.I figure if I can get by with stock,then this should be a worthy upgrade for brake and throttle and the 5955TG for steering.I think that may work for me,it just depends on the warranty coverage.Do any of you know about that?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:49 AM
nomobux

To me, the 645 series is too slow. I sure all the higher end series would have the same warranty. Call them.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:13 PM
CEN Racing

I think nemesis deserves an ultra strength type servo
Old 07-27-2008, 09:00 AM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

I agree for steering but Im not going to use 2 5995tg.Theres just no way I need all that for throttle and brake.You guys can overkill yours but thats not necessary for me,not to mention a big waste of money.What do you guys do with your trucks that require so much torque on b/t?I ordered 1 5995TG and one 985MG.They should be here Monday or Tuesday.I contacted HITEC twice and there is NO 3year warranty on ANY of their servos.Its two years on every servo they make.I talked to two different people to be sure,doesnt matter if your servo cost $20.00 or$200.00,2 years is what it is wich is excellent(cen doesnt even cover components under warranty)So there it is.Sure is a lot to be learned in the servo game.Think I will just stick with HITEC to be safe and warranteed.I did run up on some deals on some JR servos but a reliable source says they do to much twiching and gliching,so I guess I will be on the HITEC bandwagon
Old 07-27-2008, 09:25 AM
nomobux

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

I agree for steering but Im not going to use 2 5995tg.Theres just no way I need all that for throttle and brake.You guys can overkill yours but thats not necessary for me,not to mention a big waste of money.What do you guys do with your trucks that require so much torque on b/t?I ordered 1 5995TG and one 985MG.They should be here Monday or Tuesday.I contacted HITEC twice and there is NO 3year warranty on ANY of their servos.Its two years on every servo they make.I talked to two different people to be sure,doesnt matter if your servo cost $20.00 or$200.00,2 years is what it is wich is excellent(cen doesnt even cover components under warranty)So there it is.Sure is a lot to be learned in the servo game.Think I will just stick with HITEC to be safe and warranteed.I did run up on some deals on some JR servos but a reliable source says they do to much twiching and gliching,so I guess I will be on the HITEC bandwagon
5995 ?? That's the robot version

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.