RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   CEN Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/)
-   -   12mm to 14mm hex wheel adapter DrHonda? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/3532034-12mm-14mm-hex-wheel-adapter-drhonda.html)

ppacy 11-08-2005 06:21 AM

12mm to 14mm hex wheel adapter DrHonda?

I think from time to time the question pops up in the forum if there is a way to install T-maxx wheels on our funfactors.

Replacing our 12mm hex with 14mm hex from T-maxx is not possible as the pin we use has a diameter of 2mm compared to 2.5mm from T-maxx.

If anyone is interested, and ofcourse if DrHonda is willing, how about 14mm hex wheel adapters with 4mm centre hole diameter and 2mm thick 10mm long pins.

just what the doctor ordered for our funfactors.

tavdebo 11-08-2005 08:11 AM

RE: 12mm to 14mm hex wheel adapter DrHonda?

there was a website in america i think it was renegade rc i maybe wrong on the name but they were selling 14 mm hexs for the funfactor.i remember this coming up a while ago i am not to sure if this site was closing down though

Dr Honda 11-08-2005 08:16 AM

Hi,

Sure... I'm game, if there are a few more people who want them. And, like before, I'll need some stock parts to verify my parts with. I have T-maxx parts, so I wouldn’t need that.

Actually... if there is some one who has a old, first gen Magnum (fun Factor) they just want to sale to me... Shoot me a PM. I don't want to buy a new one because I know I won't really run it... but a complete, beater truck would be good for testing parts on.

If at least 3 people want these (a set of 4)… I’ll look into it, and come up with some kind of price.

If you guys want this... let me know.

cenracer1 11-08-2005 08:19 AM

very interested and I will even send samples if needed.... I was going to order the duratrax conversion for their truck to convert to t-maxx wheels but its getting too involved and a bit rigged... need to cut the cvd's in front or cut rear dogbones on front and rear. as well as modify alot of other stuff... all told around $100+ and thats for cheap tires...
Dr Honda, this is what we really need... Cannot get pin tires for 2.2 rims in larger size.. only 1/10th stadium truck and they look silly on the monster.... Let me know... I can send them out asap.....

alvinl 11-08-2005 10:15 AM

I'm in for 2 sets. There was a roller funfactor chassis just went for like $50 on ebay. I will keep an eye out if you want.

craigb 11-08-2005 11:00 AM

Im in for a set or two if the price is right :D

poor judgement 11-08-2005 01:38 PM

DrHonda saves the day again! :)

I have a set here, I realise they are a simple part but I could draw them up if it would help keep costs down for the rest of the people on here?

Watch it with the Tmaxx wheels tho guys, they put a lot more stress on the shafts - best to get the lightest lowest profile tyres you can in my experience:eek:. Dont forget that you will need a 0.25" offset wheel (like the Imex Romulins) to give them a chance of missing the bodywork when steering at full lock. Standard Tmaxx wheels wont allow full steering.

Renegade RC are still going, and it was them that had the 14mm hexes. They have been taken on by someone else tho, but he is just as helpful as the previous owner.

cenracer1 11-08-2005 04:08 PM

thats exactly what I want them for.... I need the, for the track I run at.. I have little need for the monster truck tires that they come with.. I also want to put on a set of street tires to run on asphalt....put me down for a set!!!!

mulletman 11-08-2005 05:12 PM

will the the shock towers and adapters be avible for purchase off your website DR. Honda?

Dr Honda 11-08-2005 09:04 PM

Mulletman… Yes… The parts will be available on the web site, once it’s built. But, any of my stuff is available if you PM me. (right now it’s only the towers)

OK… well… it seems that enough people want them to start looking into what it will take to make them. So… let’s start with the basics. Can some one send me a few pictures of the stock part (a couple different views) and of the part on the axle. (to see how it fits)

Some one in NJ has offered to send one to me… I will PM you later.

Poor Judgment…

Since this part won’t transform from a 2D drawing very well… let’s hold off for now. (unless you just really want to;))

rolland 11-08-2005 09:06 PM

I have a 2 of the Renegade adapters that I am not using and have no use for. I am not sure what happened to the other 2, I haven't seen them since I moved.
If somebody wants them all they have to do is pay for the postage.

alvinl, that ATX roller went for 29.87. I can't believe I was out did by 2 cents.

rolland

Dr Honda 11-08-2005 09:14 PM

PM'ing you Rolland

rolland 11-08-2005 09:41 PM

I am sending the hexes to Dr Honda.

Having some made with 17mm hexes will make fitting Imex Romulins easier to the FF's.
The Imex Romulins have the correct backspacing to work with the FF's and is what most people use when they switch to Maxx wheels and it will let people run buggy wheels also.

Dr Honda, those hexes also work on Traxxas Stampedes and Rustlers. Or they do on my electric Stampede anyhow.

rolland

rolland 11-08-2005 09:42 PM

Wrong thread

rolland

alvinl 11-08-2005 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: rolland

I have a 2 of the Renegade adapters that I am not using and have no use for. I am not sure what happened to the other 2, I haven't seen them since I moved.
If somebody wants them all they have to do is pay for the postage.

alvinl, that ATX roller went for 29.87. I can't believe I was out did by 2 cents.

rolland
I bet you were outbid in the last couple minutes. I almost bid on that. I have been thinking about getting a cheap rolling chassis to start a project car. This stuff is addictive.

rolland 11-08-2005 09:50 PM

It was the last 12 seconds.

rolland

ppacy 11-09-2005 01:26 AM

You can count me in for 6-8 pieces DrHonda.
Correct me if i'm wrong everyone but we can also fit savage rims as well right?

poor judgement 11-09-2005 01:31 PM

Since this part won’t transform from a 2D drawing very well… let’s hold off for now. (unless you just really want to )
lol, no, im not desperate to draw them, just willing to help if need be.

ppacy - just watch the offset of whatever wheels u go for or ur steering just wont happen! savage wheels n tyres would be pretty cool/insane tho, but again, watch those poor driveshafts too.

azzman 11-09-2005 02:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
PJ,
You inspired me to weigh my standard MT2 wheels (with only a little mud) and my Savage wheels (wider offset than standard with dirt bonz tyres) and you will all be pleased to know that the Savage setup came in 200grams (nearly 1/2lb) lighter overall (4 wheels and tyres) so thats 50 grams an axle! Sweet!!
Tho the axles will probably still be under the same if not more strain because of the offset needed.

Some pics...

alvinl 11-09-2005 03:28 PM

I like the look of those Dirt Bonz on the MT2 and they will definitely grip better. My MT2 slides all over the place with the stock tires.

craigb 11-09-2005 03:34 PM

haha azzman your mt looks mean with them wheels [sm=bananahead.gif]

cenracer1 11-09-2005 04:49 PM

alvinl... slides all over the place is an understatement.... Running thru the grass or rocks the stock tires are OK but in the dirt or especially the track.. gotta have the pins.... Can't wait:D

mulletman 11-09-2005 07:08 PM

well i dont have any money right now Dr. sorry:(

poor judgement 11-09-2005 07:42 PM

azzman - looking nice mate, suppose im gonna have to get a fancy paint job now... ffs...

re the wheel weights - really? wow, thats a bit of a surprise to say the least, those cen wheels n tyres, look so small next to the savages ones.

makes me glad a certain person scewed my order up for the cen mt wheels :)

craigb 11-09-2005 07:48 PM

is that a RC10GT shell?