Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 12:46 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

not so tidy whiteys?
Old 04-29-2013, 12:49 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

ORIGINAL: JohnVH

not so tidy whiteys?
I prefer racing shorts if ya don't mind.... LMAO

Old 04-29-2013, 12:51 PM
wyo69cowboy
My Feedback: (2)

Wahoo, you're right: there are SOME parts available for H9 (and other brands); I owned for a short while a 33% H9 Extra 330 (the red/white/blue one that is always in the RCU header), and was actually amazed there were still a few parts available for it. However, not ALL of the parts were available...

I still commend PAU for trying to support their own customers. As has been said here, that may not be the most logical business plan to some, but it's still THEIR plan and I don't think there's any reason to whine about it...
Old 04-29-2013, 12:58 PM
wahoo

ORIGINAL: wyo69cowboy

Wahoo, you're right: there are SOME parts available for H9 (and other brands); I owned for a short while a 33% H9 Extra 330 (the red/white/blue one that is always in the RCU header), and was actually amazed there were still a few parts available for it. However, not ALL of the parts were available...

I still commend PAU for trying to support their own customers. As has been said here, that may not be the most logical business plan to some, but it's still THEIR plan and I don't think there's any reason to whine about it...
You had the 330S mine are the 330L's which are even older.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:59 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: wahoo

Well this has me second guessing the OP unless of course he has the red oracle scheme and doesn't want to have to paint this one to match...WAIT A SEC !!..he does have the Pitts in the Oracle scheme...hmmm
More spin.....remember? it wasn't until well AFTER the OP told Herve to eff off that he came out and claimed he had a BME Pitts (still hasn't been proven, and I am skeptical since plenty have gotten on here and suggested he just lie about what plane he has in order to get the stupid cowl he wants!).

I'll also let you in on a little secret that you have no clue about, but since you are in here trying to make people feel small, I'll tell you! shh...don't tell anyone else.....BME produced the Oracle in TWO different colors of red.....there is a good chance that even IF the OP were to obtain a cowl from PAU, it wouldn't match! Can you imagine how ballistic he would go then?

I can only imagine what that post would look like!

Astro
Old 04-29-2013, 01:07 PM
islandflyer

wyo69cowboy
As I mentioned much earlier in the thread, I'm not currently a PAU customer, but I'm still glad they are standing up for their right to conduct their business in the manner which has worked for them as they see fit
Thank you!
Comparing a service company (like flooring installation) is irrelevant: the time spent to help someone (usually billable) does not deprive an existing customer from buying in the future a part he needs.
If any thing, this thread had brought confidence to potential customers: I just got a couple of calls from guys who are pre-ordering our new models from the container currently at sea. They really appreciated knowing that they will have parts when they need them. They tell me that this service is greatly lacking in some other companies.

Now, lets just step out of the RC world for a minute:
Joe is staying at a West Hotel. The next day, he wants room service for breakfast, but the kitchen has shut down. Joe wants breakfast.
Across the street is a Hilton: Joe calls the Hilton to get room service to deliver breakfast to his room.
Joe will not get room service from the Hilton. "Why not"? Its legal and he has the money! Answer: because he is not their customer. If he asks politely on the phone, the room service attendant probably will tell him that there is a restaurant near by that serves a decent breakfast.

As far as helping fellow RC pilots: I have helped many local pilots with their non-PAU airplanes, but they cannot buy the parts that are reserved to our customers.
At big events where we have PAU pilots (Futaba XFC, Tucson Aerobatic Shootout, Clover Creek invitational Championship, Joe Nall), I have also helped other companies' team pilots as well average pilots. But that has never potentially deprived a PAU customer from getting the parts he might need later.

By the way, if parts were not that big a deal, would this thread even exist? Maybe one of the lesson givers here should put his money where his mouth is, and start a parts business. And I will truly, sincerely wish yo great success!

I have received many messages of approval and support from people who will not come out here and risk getting slaughtered; To those, thank you!

In the mean while, right now I need to handle the processing of an cowl order for BME 30% Edge I (discontinued long before PAU came to life) . They really appreciate that I still had that cowl in stock!
Then I will get busy preparing for Joe Nall: if you go, please come and see us and say hello.

Over and out!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:34 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 04-29-2013, 03:03 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: islandflyerIn the mean while, right now I need to handle the processing of an cowl order for BME 30% Edge I (discontinued long before PAU came to life) . They really appreciate that I still had that cowl in stock!
Was that supposed to be funny , or just the most childish taunt I've ever seen a supposed "business savvy" person post ? In a few years , when no one even remembers the name PAU , I'll come back and bump up this post to illustrate why enough of the customers went away to put you under . You see , while you may have a few dedicated fanboys here who have nothing better to do than to post attacks against folks with complaints , these few dolts ARE NOT ENOUGH of a customer base to ensure a continuing , thriving business . Do you really think your sarcastic taunt that I quoted is showing you and your company in a good light ? Really ? .... Just remember , I AM the average joe flyer who may have been one of your customers , and there is now NO WAY i'd buy a plane or anything else from you ! And just think , I happen to be one of the vocal few , the one who will tell you outright what a dolt you have behaved like here , but there are literally dozens i'm sure of folks who feel the same way I do about your taunts and sarcasm that can't be bothered to post .

It's now time for the rabid fan boys to jump in here and parse my post to the letter , have fun boys , and keep it classy , just like the pitiful quote above .......
Old 04-29-2013, 03:07 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

init4fun, none of the people who actually buy PAU airplanes care what you think. This thread has been just another round of whiners doing what they do best. There are always going to be whiners in this world and guess what, you're one of them. Life goes on.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:10 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: Flyfalcons

init4fun, none of the people who actually buy PAU airplanes care what you think. This thread has been just another round of whiners doing what they do best. There are always going to be whiners in this world and guess what, you're one of them. Life goes on.

Wow , really ??? Whiner ? Thats the best you can do ??? Gee , I really don't think PAU is gettin their money's worth havin you as a paid shill , eh ????

Let me ask you , HOW MUCH does PAU pay you to advertise for them in the signature of your every post ? HMMM , I wonder if it's allowed here at RCU to advertise for a company like that , guess maybe I'll check into that ....

flypau.com indeed .... And so another fanboy shill goes down in flames .....

PS , your above post is THE VERY ESSENCE of whining , such a shame someone's actually talkin bad about your idol , eh ???

Whiner .....
Old 04-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Quite honestly (I don’t know of any manufacturers in either Canada or the US) but there are a lot of importers of RC kits. As an importer you order a batch of kits and maybe a few spare parts. Spare parts usually go fast and to support your customers you may find yourself cannibalizing kits to keep them happy. Between the damaged kits and having to cannibalize the odd complete kit you hope everything from that batch will sell. It doesn’t and often you are left with boxes of odds and ends no one wants. This cuts into the profits. As an importer my customers come first and if there are only a few spares I tend to save them for when they need them. If you bought the kit second hand and production was many years ago before I handled that line why you would expect me to sell you the limited resources that have been put aside for my customers.

If you’re the importer your batch of kits which will most likely consist of several different models from the same manufacturer shows up in a shipping container. There are always several damaged kits and these are set aside for spare parts and warrantee/defects. If possible one would order spare cowls and wheel pants. Fewer landing gear, cabanes and interplane struts, canopies only if they are separate and not part of the fuselage hatch. The rest will come from the damaged kits or from cannibalizing a kit to help out a customer. Usually additional spare parts are not available from the manufacturer unless a minimum order is met.

Dennis
Old 04-29-2013, 05:54 PM
K-Bob

In the case of the carpet service analogy; what would be the case if you had customers that bought their carpet from you and had you install it needing service in the future? Would they come before or after someone who got product and service elsewhere and are probably only calling you because their original installer is too busy or out of business? How would your customers feel about future business with you if you were unable to handle their needs because you were so busy supporting people who did not buy from you?
Old 04-29-2013, 06:08 PM
islandflyer

init4fun
Was that supposed to be funny , or just the most childish taunt I've ever seen a supposed "business savvy" person post ?
No taunting: just evidence that we DO support BME Aircraft customers, to the contrary of what has been stated many times in these posts. Simple fact, no taunt.
However, your post shows that no matter how much effort we can make to serve our customers, every thing I can say will be spun by a few here, and turned into something negative, even when not supported by facts.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:34 PM
impulse09

Since this thread probably won't die for a while yet, could somebody correct the spelling of "serious" in the title? My OCD is starting to kick in.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:20 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

A Multimillionaire business owner that I know once said; it is far easier to keep your existing customers happy than to find new customers.

So my take... work very hard at keeping both happy.

Find something wrong with that sloppyhog!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:04 AM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

ORIGINAL: astrohog

ORIGINAL: wahoo

Well this has me second guessing the OP unless of course he has the red oracle scheme and doesn't want to have to paint this one to match...WAIT A SEC !!..he does have the Pitts in the Oracle scheme...hmmm
More spin.....remember? it wasn't until well AFTER the OP told Herve to eff off that he came out and claimed he had a BME Pitts (still hasn't been proven, and I am skeptical since plenty have gotten on here and suggested he just lie about what plane he has in order to get the stupid cowl he wants!).

I'll also let you in on a little secret that you have no clue about, but since you are in here trying to make people feel small, I'll tell you! shh...don't tell anyone else.....BME produced the Oracle in TWO different colors of red.....there is a good chance that even IF the OP were to obtain a cowl from PAU, it wouldn't match! Can you imagine how ballistic he would go then?

I can only imagine what that post would look like!

Astro
unfortunately I had to return because friends told me there were some attacks, that people are not man enough o say face to face. I wish we were closer:

Astro you are nothing short of an idiot! You have taken on a conversation of your own, created a fantasy, and have strayed so far off course that you would likely not even be able to find your way back. I will put my skills up against yours any day. You are too dense to understand that the ISC and BME were the same kit. And I suggest if you want to call me a liar, you be man enough to say it to my face. But, I'm sure you are lacking that fortitude. You seem to be the type that shows braun only thru the keyboard. I can't stand women like you.

Island, you make it sound like you are the June Cleaver of the business world . On the phone, you told me you only support YOUR products. You never said and/or BME.....that would leave BME out by definition...but easier to regroup online I guess, and save face. You became rude and P.O'd on the phone when you discovered I wanted parts for a kit that was not "YOURS" , and I questioned what sense that made. Admit it and move on. If that is the policy you want to have, so be it. But don;t get all wrapped around the axle when a person questions you on the sensibility of that policy....this is America ya know. We do still have rights to opinions.

Wahoo...I think you are just bored....or ?....

You 3 should sit around the campfire, sing Kumbaya and stroke each other's ego.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:47 AM
Propworn

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

edit
Old 04-30-2013, 07:32 AM
hairy46

That just makes me want to buy from them, NOT"
Old 04-30-2013, 05:25 PM
wahoo

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74074.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1877823  
Old 05-01-2013, 12:32 AM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cheer up! Things could be worse!
Many car mfrs sell the rights to build/supply parts some few years after the model was made.
In turn, if the demand isn't high enough, the parts go unobtanium,  unless you are lucky enough to find them in junk yards.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:01 PM
5150flyer

Herve is a good guy and has fine customer service. Google it and you will find plenty of pleased PAU customers. Its his business, let him run it his way.

Heck, I might just buy one of his new 30% Edges after reading some of this this nutty thread.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:06 PM
JOHN WETHERINGTON

So what your saying is we can't get a replacement cowl for a bme extra 330 L 30%
Old 04-04-2014, 06:50 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a hobby shop for 20 years and have been manufacturing r/c boats since 1989. still here still making boats. I have helped guys with boats that were complete knock off's of our's that the guys knocking them off only know fiberglass and nothing about boats. Most of the guys buying R/C products are not willing to pay for any service.the market will provide what the customer base is willing to pay for. thats why for the most part your local hobby shop is gone or soon will be.there are people with money that still have them,but they will for the most part all be history soon.myself at this point have nothing to explain. its never been about the money for me, ive never really had any and im very happy without it. all it takes for me not to sell some one a part or boat is to simply not like them.other wise I will do what I can for anyone.if PAU has good flying planes at a good price, He will do just fine.customer service or not.in the end its a hobby. if you dont like someones product or service make it yourself.if he did not sell you the airplane he owes you NOTHING.you should have taken his answer and moved on yourself.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:13 PM
W7APD Alan

Originally Posted by eddieC
"So, do we get to a situation where we hear something like "If the cowl don't fit, you must acquit!!!!"????? * "

That argument fits like a glove...