Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 05:48 AM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

To answer the question, I have a BME. And, no PAU will not sell parts to you if it is a BME, because it is not the "redesigned" PAU, I mean really? This is from the PAU guy, not me.

For those lacking understanding, I will repeat this for you all one more time for those that do not understand. Yes, I said ISC...but, that is because, it is an ISC (originally) that BME took over and changed schemes. The ISC and BME were identical in every way, other than the color of monokote and graphics scheme. PAU took over BME. They (well some Chinese company) redesigned the internals. Dimensions, scale, etc. are the same. I said ISC because, really, it was the more well known over BME selling, eveidently only to those that have been around for a while though. Now, this is like comparing a fuji apple to a honeycrisp. They are both apples, one is just better. Hell they are both still apples. As for me supposedly cussing him out, you need the facts here. The guy was more than willing to sell me a cowl, even gave me a price, until I sadi it was not his kit. Then he became agitated, curt and down right rude, almost pissed off that I did not buy the kit from him. My parting words had nothing to do with me not getting the cowl; he had decided long beforeI would not get it. Now, you wann get rude with me on the phone, I have no issue getting rude back. I will be leaving this post now. PAU lost money, thaty is the way I see it. Thx for the supporters out there. I a fine with countering opinions as well. But guys like astrohog, I have no time for. Blind controversy without facts. He should be blasting me publicly any moment now.[X(]

Jeff
Jeff
Old 04-29-2013, 06:01 AM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

ORIGINAL: islandflyer

ORIGINAL: Maybe Islandflyer will chime in and clarify,, if the OP had a stated he had a BME would he have sold him the cowl, and does the original owner matter or not. Guys might want to know before purchasing a used plane.
Why do I need to clarify anything in this mess? Amazing how so many can have such loud opinions without having the facts. Criticize first, get the facts later (if at all) seems to be the method here.

This guy calls:
- Me: PAU, this is Herve, may I help you?
- Him: I would like to purchase a cowl for your Pitt Challenger.
- Me: OK, we have it in stock, cost is $49.00.
- Him: Why so expensive?
- Me: well, this is the price.
- Him: I need any way, so I will buy it.
- Me: To simplify getting your address, did yo buy the plane directly from us, so I can find you info in our records?
- Him: No, it is an Indy RC plane.
- Me: well, I am sorry, but we do not support other companies' planes with our parts.
- Him: So I cannot buy this cowl?
- No, not for a plane from another company.
- Him: after all the engines I bought........?
- Me: we are not associated with BME Engines, and never were.
- Him: criticizing our customer service......
- Me: we actually have well documented very good customer service. But that is for our customers, and we are not in the business of selling parts.
- Him: this is stupid, this effing stupid...effing stupid!

I hung up: I am not willing to take this verbal abuse from any one, and even less so from someone I have no wronged.]
Now, to those who have jumped to conclusion without have any of the facts (very common here):
1- The OP was confirmed to NOT have a BME Aircraft or PAU Airplane (see post #10).
2- We DO support BME Aircraft planes: in fact, a couple of year ago, I ordered a few spare cowls for the 50cc Edge (not produced by PAU), just to support the many customers Max (BME Aircraft) had sold the planes to.

BME Aircraft and PAU , yes!
ISC, Indy RC, and all other XYZ companies out there do not = PAU.
If you insult me on the phone or anywhere else, you are not welcome, and will not get anything from me.

Island, you are spinning the conversation to help your image. In the end, most of what you say is true, except I did not complain about the price. I simply said, oh, that much, OK. You directly asked me when I bought the plane from you. That was when I said I didn't. That is also when you started getting short, curt and rude, as I questioned, civially, your policy. As soon as you found out I didn't buy from you, you were ovbious about not wanting to talk to me. You simply got more agitated when I questioned what sense this policy made. I said this didn't sound like customer service to me. Then you pretty much said point blank that you would not sell me a cowl. You lament on the effing, while lying agin. I simply said well you guys are effing stupid and I hung up on you, you did NOT hang up on me there bigshot. But nice try. I do like how rosy you paint your sky.......

I am done with you and your company....nuff said.

Jeff

Old 04-29-2013, 06:28 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Herve would know if ISC was BME or PAU. He said it isn't. Your wishing it to be so, doesn't make it so. Honestly Jeff, I wouldn't want to do business with you either. Maybe a quick attitude check on your part would have helped, but since you're the type to throw a temper tantrum, it's probably best that things worked out the way they did.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:54 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: Flyfalcons

Herve would know if ISC was BME or PAU. He said it isn't. Your wishing it to be so, doesn't make it so. Honestly Jeff, I wouldn't want to do business with you either. Maybe a quick attitude check on your part would have helped, but since you're the type to throw a temper tantrum, it's probably best that things worked out the way they did.

Yep , That's one way to look at it , , especially when your flyin a "www.flypau.com" signature in every post ya make !

Why is it that when someone has a complaint against a company , ANY company , it's always the most ardent fans of that company attacking the unhappy customer rather than discussing the customer's actual complaint ? In this thread , I've seen the pro PAU side throw more personal insults than I've ever seen outside of a "HobbyKing sucks" thread ! The poster "astrohog has called folks everything from morons to idiots with a few reading comprehension jabs thrown in for good measure . And now you start in with your mean little "attitude check" and "temper tantrum" insults ? I will not stoop to the level of calling you and astro trolls , but I WILL call your posts troll posts in that they have long ago stopped being about PAU or the OP's dealings with them , and all about attacking the OP himself .

You should be ashamed of yourselves to be posting such crap , and remember , EVERYONE gets a raw deal every once in a while , and the determination of whether it actually WAS a raw deal or not should never hinge solely upon the popularity level of the company involved !

I just don't believe a guy flying a fly PAU banner could EVER be anything close to impartial . Now , before someone suggests I go flying myself , I'm on my way out the door to go do just that right now .....

Old 04-29-2013, 07:10 AM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: F4u5

ORIGINAL: islandflyer

ORIGINAL: Maybe Islandflyer will chime in and clarify,, if the OP had a stated he had a BME would he have sold him the cowl, and does the original owner matter or not. Guys might want to know before purchasing a used plane.
Why do I need to clarify anything in this mess? Amazing how so many can have such loud opinions without having the facts. Criticize first, get the facts later (if at all) seems to be the method here.

This guy calls:
- Me: PAU, this is Herve, may I help you?
- Him: I would like to purchase a cowl for your Pitt Challenger.
- Me: OK, we have it in stock, cost is $49.00.
- Him: Why so expensive?
- Me: well, this is the price.
- Him: I need any way, so I will buy it.
- Me: To simplify getting your address, did yo buy the plane directly from us, so I can find you info in our records?
- Me: well, I am sorry, but we do not support other companies' planes with our parts.
- Him: So I cannot buy this cowl?
- No, not for a plane from another company.
- Him: after all the engines I bought........?
- Me: we are not associated with BME Engines, and never were.
- Him: criticizing our customer service......
- Me: we actually have well documented very good customer service. But that is for our customers, and we are not in the business of selling parts.
- Him: this is stupid, this effing stupid...effing stupid!

I hung up: I am not willing to take this verbal abuse from any one, and even less so from someone I have no wronged.]
Now, to those who have jumped to conclusion without have any of the facts (very common here):
1- The OP was confirmed to NOT have a BME Aircraft or PAU Airplane (see post #10).
2- We DO support BME Aircraft planes: in fact, a couple of year ago, I ordered a few spare cowls for the 50cc Edge (not produced by PAU), just to support the many customers Max (BME Aircraft) had sold the planes to.

BME Aircraft and PAU , yes!
ISC, Indy RC, and all other XYZ companies out there do not = PAU.
If you insult me on the phone or anywhere else, you are not welcome, and will not get anything from me.

Island, you are spinning the conversation to help your image. In the end, most of what you say is true, except I did not complain about the price. I simply said, oh, that much, OK. You directly asked me when I bought the plane from you. That was when I said I didn't. That is also when you started getting short, curt and rude, as I questioned, civially, your policy. As soon as you found out I didn't buy from you, you were ovbious about not wanting to talk to me. You simply got more agitated when I questioned what sense this policy made. I said this didn't sound like customer service to me. Then you pretty much said point blank that you would not sell me a cowl. You lament on the effing, while lying agin. I simply said well you guys are effing stupid and I hung up on you, you did NOT hang up on me there bigshot. But nice try. I do like how rosy you paint your sky.......

I am done with you and your company....nuff said.

Jeff
BINGO has been called !!! HERE

Old 04-29-2013, 07:59 AM
islandflyer

I have said it before: I wish we had a recording of this conversation. Unfortunately, That will not happen.
"wahoo", you were not in the phone conversation, so you might as well stay out of it now too.
Please read my transcript:

F4u5: BME Aircraft has not taken over ISC or Indy RC.. You repeating 20 more time will not make it true.

No spin here. I have always supported BME Aircraft customers, and it has nothing to do with purchasing planes from me. We support BME Aircraft, and PAU, that's it! In reality, even the support of the BME Aircraft customers was a very generous geture: indeed, the BME Aircraft company was a Canadian company; I created PAU, and purchased the designs and left over inventory from BME Aircraft. I had no contractual legal, or moral obligation to honor their warranties and customer service, but I did. I purposely kept the BME Aircraft in the PAU web site so that BME Aircraft customers knew where to go for service.
If indeed, ISC and BME Aircraft was one and the same, would this breaking news really have to wait 7 years to come out of your well of secretly kept knowledge, and no one else has that precious information? That would have been secret more closely guarded than the Special Forces attack on Bin Laden! And should such dreamland fabrication justify insulting me on the phone? That is ridiculous!
The fact two models have the same dimensions is really not surprising: how many 35% Extras 105" are on the market today? Are all from the same company? Should all these companies support each others' designs?

I have no need to spin anything, but I will not stand by and let any one spit out insults on the phone, followed by twisted fallacious statements on a public forum. Who is really spinning here!

Old 04-29-2013, 08:58 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: wahoo
''BINGO has been called !!! HERE
Not real clear what you are referring to?

If you think this proves that the OP was, "shut down" as soon as he mentioned ISC, you would be correct and that has never been disputed here! That IS the essence of the whole thread......PAU was in the process of accommodating the OP with a cowl for his BME Pitts.....UNTIL the OP disclosed he had an ISC Pitts, which PAU does not support.

Is that really so hard for you all to comprehend? REALLY?

Astro
Old 04-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Flyfalcons

ORIGINAL: init4fun

Yep , That's one way to look at it , , especially when your flyin a ''www.flypau.com'' signature in every post ya make !

Why is it that when someone has a complaint against a company , ANY company , it's always the most ardent fans of that company attacking the unhappy customer rather than discussing the customer's actual complaint ? In this thread , I've seen the pro PAU side throw more personal insults than I've ever seen outside of a ''HobbyKing sucks'' thread ! The poster ''astrohog has called folks everything from morons to idiots with a few reading comprehension jabs thrown in for good measure . And now you start in with your mean little ''attitude check'' and ''temper tantrum'' insults ? I will not stoop to the level of calling you and astro trolls , but I WILL call your posts troll posts in that they have long ago stopped being about PAU or the OP's dealings with them , and all about attacking the OP himself .

You should be ashamed of yourselves to be posting such crap , and remember , EVERYONE gets a raw deal every once in a while , and the determination of whether it actually WAS a raw deal or not should never hinge solely upon the popularity level of the company involved !

I just don't believe a guy flying a fly PAU banner could EVER be anything close to impartial . Now , before someone suggests I go flying myself , I'm on my way out the door to go do just that right now .....

The facts have already been hashed out. Sorry you don't like them. I don't sit on the sidelines when people are throwing untrue statements around in an attempt to damage someone's business. That's just not how I roll. Deal with it.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:12 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: 804

ORIGINAL: Chad Veich

ORIGINAL: az3d
From someone that had run a business for a long time, you help someone out and then they buy from you. Simple as that.

Not only that but just how many requests like Jeff's can they possibly get? I find it hard to imagine that people are calling every day asking to buy PAU parts so they can use them on other manufacturer's models. Spare parts are so hard to come by that a cowl or canopy sold to a non-PAU customer every once in a while is going to deplete the supply? Just thinking out loud here. I'm not taking sides and I really don't care how PAU run their business but it just seems a bit strange to me.
Read Dan767's post and you might understand a bit more about what is going on.
Having two friends who travel to China regularly on business (audio-electronics), and having dealt with a guy locally who tried to make a go of the ARF biz.,
I can see that it is not as easy as just getting on the phone and ordering parts like it is here in the US.
It's an entirely different discussion which probably does not belong here but if it is that hard to get support for a product you sell then I think you may have bigger problems than the ocassional request to spare a cowl. At any rate, as I noted previously, I have no issue with PAU's policy here. If they think that it serves them well then so be it. From my limited perspective it just seems a bit strange which is the point I was trying to make. If I think that way then, chances are, others do too. If the majority of folks agree then it just might serve PAU well to change their policy. Or at least offer an explanation on their web site for why they feel their current policy is best. Such an explanation might help people to understand the policy instead of just feeling like PAU is giving them the finger. My .02 cents of course.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:21 AM
Flyfalcons

You've already answered your own original question Chad. There isn't a huge need for spare parts out there, therefore companies don't stock a lot of them. This makes it even more important for the stock on hand to go toward supporting the planes they are designed for, so that BME and PAU owners will have support for their planes. It's not PAU's responsibility to support other manufacturer's airplanes, and focusing on supporting their own is what gives them their stellar reputation for customer service.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:50 AM
wahoo

ORIGINAL: astrohog

''BINGO has been called !!! HERE
Not real clear what you are referring to?

If you think this proves that the OP was, "shut down" as soon as he mentioned ISC, you would be correct and that has never been disputed here! That IS the essence of the whole thread......PAU was in the process of accommodating the OP with a cowl for his BME Pitts.....UNTIL the OP disclosed he had an ISC Pitts, which PAU does not support.

Is that really so hard for you all to comprehend? REALLY?

Astro

What I find hard to comprehand is (and I seemed to have been correct in my assumption of the phone convo) that a fellow modeler/business owners unwillingness to help out another modeler when he suppossedly has such "great" customer service, simply over the manufacturer of the airframe.
How about we not gloss over it and tell it like it is. PAU might have great products and great service .......but only to their 'loyal' customers/fan base.

I'm in no way shape or form saying that herve needed to go anywhere near out of his way to 'service' a person who did not actually spend any money with him, but to become terse over the phone simply because of the manufacturer of an airframe someone was looking for parts for ? seems ridiculous. Wheres the human compassion and common love of the hobby.

Any vendor/distributor/manufacturer selling any wares whatsoever needs people skills above and beyond that of a customer/potential customer to survive in todays world of big corporations and lack of personal service. How many of us has had it with calling any major company (credit card, banking institute ect ect) only to have to go through a maze of "our system has changed" please listen carefully and then press 1 to continue bs ?

Any press/advertising may be good advertising to an extent. The "loyals" are all chanting their approval, but what about the people on the fence? Think they want to due business with someone that carries on such a pissing match over something as trivial as a cowl ? Or would they make a more favorable decision if they read an RCU thread where a non PAU customer was helped in his quest for a part and is now a loyal customer ? You be the judge.

Remember this.....new business should always be welcome, hence with out it sales will stagnate to the point of no return. If PAU goes belly up what good will a few spare parts do anyone sitting in some backroom/basement or garage?

It's all a matter of ego at this point but I really have to wonder if all this was worth it over a $50 part ??

Oh and Herve, I'd stay out of it if it were being handled via email or PM...open forum is fair game...no ?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:23 AM
Flyfalcons

Yes, the customer loyalty that PAU generates through excellent support for their customers really is worth losing $50 on a cowl for someone who bought a plane from another manufacturer. That is their business decision and people who bought planes from other manufacturers shouldn't be surprised that PAU doesn't support those planes.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:24 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: init4fun

Yep , That's one way to look at it , , especially when your flyin a ''www.flypau.com'' signature in every post ya make !

Why is it that when someone has a complaint against a company , ANY company , it's always the most ardent fans of that company attacking the unhappy customer rather than discussing the customer's actual complaint ? In this thread , I've seen the pro PAU side throw more personal insults than I've ever seen outside of a ''HobbyKing sucks'' thread ! The poster ''astrohog has called folks everything from morons to idiots with a few reading comprehension jabs thrown in for good measure . And now you start in with your mean little ''attitude check'' and ''temper tantrum'' insults ? I will not stoop to the level of calling you and astro trolls , but I WILL call your posts troll posts in that they have long ago stopped being about PAU or the OP's dealings with them , and all about attacking the OP himself .

The facts have already been hashed out. Sorry you don't like them. I don't sit on the sidelines when people are throwing untrue statements around in an attempt to damage someone's business. That's just not how I roll. Deal with it.

And there ya have it , the facts have been hashed out , so now it's time for bashing the guy with the complaint . Gotcha . If thats "the way you roll" , I'd say it's YOU who should "deal with" the fact that not everyone is always gonna love your idol PAU , or the snotty responses of it's owner . But you just keep right on posting , both you and PAU's owner are doing more damage with each post than the OP could ever hope for .

Deal with THAT .........
Old 04-29-2013, 10:28 AM
Ken-h
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Herve, you need to learn how to say no with a kiss or smile or something before you're told you're all f'n stupid.

You need to be softer to people because the lack of hard work a self worth has made many too soft to handle any sort of rejection.

You need to start making parts for other company's. Also open the sale of all your parts so you can't support your own product line.

You need the sacrifice your personal integrity and bow down to people who demand to have it their way.

This is the new sense of values people have so you need to get on board!

Sent from iPhone
Old 04-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Flyfalcons

Yeah it's much better to let misinformation spread about a manufacturer than tell the truth. I forgot that's what RCU is all about.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:41 AM
wahoo

Yes, the customer loyalty that PAU generates through excellent support for their customers really is worth losing $50 on a cowl for someone who bought a plane from another manufacturer. That is their business decision and people who bought planes from other manufacturers shouldn't be surprised that PAU doesn't support those planes.

The mind and a parachute have one commonality..they both work much better when open....wow In case you STILL haven't figured it out....It has more to do with the loss of potential customers and their funds then the actual cowl or price there of, regardless of who made the airframe the customer plans on using it on,

If the OP would have bought the plane new from some fly-by-night dealer or distributor and needed a cowl, I'd be on the same bandwagon as you loyals.....remember?.....he bought it at a swap meet.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:43 AM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

think we all agree PAU isn't in the wrong but I STILL HATE FAN BOYs falcon you care to step out ? becouse your boss said what he had to say .. he doesnt need a cheerleader ..
Old 04-29-2013, 10:43 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wahoo,

We obviously have differing views where this thread is concerned. I have no interest in a pissing match, so I will try to engage you in a thoughtful, factual debate, with free exchange of opinions and ideas with the agreement that we can agree to disagree?

What I find hard to comprehand is (and I seemed to have been correct in my assumption of the phone convo) that a fellow modeler/business owners unwillingness to help out another modeler when he suppossedly has such ''great'' customer service, simply over the manufacturer of the airframe. How about we not gloss over it and tell it like it is. PAU might have great products and great service .......but only to their 'loyal' customers/fan base.
This is PAU's policy, whether you can comprehend it or not. It is not there to screw non-PAU customer's, or to entice non-PAU customer's to purchase PAU products. It is simply there to support PAU's products. Did you read the posts about stolen and counterfeit designs? That is more what that policy is about. It has been mentioned several times here that fighting over a $50.00 cowl is silly (and I tend to agree!), but for PAU there may be much more at stake, no? How much revenue do you think would be lost by an arf mfg. if their design WAS counterfeit/stolen and sold cheaply? potentially in the six figures?

I'm in no way shape or form saying that herve needed to go anywhere near out of his way to 'service' a person who did not actually spend any money with him, but to become terse over the phone simply because of the manufacturer of an airframe someone was looking for parts for ? seems ridiculous. Wheres the human compassion and common love of the hobby.
Again, I think it is clear (although there are only two people that REALLY know what transpired on the phone call!) that Herve simply stated his Company policy to the OP on the phone, and it was the OP that got upset, Herve did not get "terse" until the OP started ranting and calling him names. Is it fair that the OP reacted like he did simply because he did not like PAU's policy? He was not treated any different than any other customer or non-customer would have been, yet he chose to come on a public forum and rant? what do you think his intention of THAT was? If you were in Herve's shoes and a customer started calling you names, at what point would you still have "compassion" for the person on the other end of the line?

Any vendor/distributor/manufacturer selling any wares whatsoever needs people skills above and beyond that of a customer/potential customer to survive in todays world of big corporations and lack of personal service. How many of us has had it with calling any major company (credit card, banking institute ect ect) only to have to go through a maze of ''our system has changed'' please listen carefully and then press 1 to continue bs ?
And I don't get your point here, either? OP called on the phone and the OWNER picked up the phone and answered any and all questions directly. Just because the OP didn't like the outcome, he ranted. I do call this comment by you to be "spin" as it is intended to get people to assume that PAU is not customer-friendly, but it is quite the CONTRARYcall PAU and speak directly with the owner!

Any press/advertising may be good advertising to an extent. The ''loyals'' are all chanting their approval, but what about the people on the fence? Think they want to due business with someone that carries on such a pissing match over something as trivial as a cowl ? Or would they make a more favorable decision if they read an RCU thread where a non PAU customer was helped in his quest for a part and is now a loyal customer ? You be the judge.
I think all we really need to do is look at the person WHO STARTED the "pissing match over something as trivial as a cowl". If you owned a business and someone ranted online about your business, would you not speak out to try and defend/explain the truth? PAU did not come on here and rant, the OP did. The whole purpose of the OP coming on here was to do harm to PAU...period...he was not harmed in any way by PAU...just mad because he couldn't get what he wanted, so he cannot say he came on here to "protect or warn" others. Then for him to put PAU on a "list" with ET and HK??? that is a stretch don't you think? There is a FAR CRY'S difference in PAU's policy to not sell parts for their products to non-customers than there is to take and hold people's money and not ship their products! I mean....REALLY? Now who is trivial?

Remember this.....new business should always be welcome, hence with out it sales will stagnate to the point of no return. If PAU goes belly up what good will a few spare parts do anyone sitting in some backroom/basement or garage?
They may not do anyone any good, but isn't that ultimately PAU's decision? I mean, after all, they bought and paid for the cowls, isn't it fair that they can do whatever they want with them? Just like PAU was thrown under the bus numerous times in this thread by those that said, "what business is it of PAU's what the customer wants to do with the cowl?" It is a two-way street folks!

Hopefully I worded this post as to not offend anyone and just provide a perspective, "from the other side of the street"!

Regards,

Astrohog
Old 04-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Flyfalcons

ORIGINAL: zacharyR

think we all agree PAU isn't in the wrong but I STILL HATE FAN BOYs falcon you care to step out ? becouse your boss said what he had to say .. he doesnt need a cheerleader ..
No I don't, thanks for asking. As long as misinformation continues to spread, I'll happily set folks straight. In the end, people can determine whether hearing the truth makes PAU the bad guy, or if it's just a bunch of dudes with their panties in a bunch over one guy not getting his way.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:01 AM
wahoo

Hog ...I'll sum this up the easiest way I can.

I install floor coverings for a living, not only does my customer service need to be triple A but also know that I work IN the CUSTOMERS home.
The reason I tell you this infois because rc planes as well as flooring wear out and need occasional maintenance.
In my chosen occupation reputation and word of mouth holds quite a bit of weight when it comes to future work.

Now lets just say for the sake of arguement that someone calls me up because some of their carpet is loose and needs re-stretched.
They tell me the dimensions of the room and I quote them a price, THEN I ask them who installed it initially and it wasn't me.
Now do I tell them "SORRY get the original store/installer to correct the issue", OR do I go ahead and do the job to the best of my ability ??

I shun them and I can GUARENTEE YOU when the time comes for them to replace or add any future flooring I will be last on the list they call.
On the other hand if I agree to do the work I may be the one they call for future flooring needs.

Can't explain my point of view any clearer than that.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:04 AM
Flyfalcons

The comparison in completely invalid due to the nature of limited parts supply.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:07 AM
wahoo

The comparison in completely invalid due to the nature of limited parts supply.
Customer service is customer service I don't give a rats ***** what we're talking about.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:09 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

at what point though, is it a disservice to the existing customers?

I have a couple PAU birds, and Id be pretty dissapointed if they didnt have spare parts for it because they just sold them to someone that had some other persons plane.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:11 AM
wahoo

ORIGINAL: JohnVH

If PAU parts are that rare/scarce then there's a supply problem within that company that needs addressed !

Old 04-29-2013, 11:12 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: JohnVH

If PAU parts are that rare/scarce then there's a supply problem within that company that needs addressed !!

Have you ever ordered anything from overseas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.