Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 09:08 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

i sent a gas engi ne in for repairs took 125 emails could not get them on the phone>> after that they sent me credit for my engine which means i would have to pay another shipping charge 38.00>> my thoughts about them are my thoughts>>
Old 07-01-2013, 05:02 PM
ssautter

So, youhave bad luck!
Don't want you on my six....

ORIGINAL: on_your_six

I happen to be an experienced professional... did that twice... so there, that was not the problem... they have not responded to my e-mail from the chat system either. They don't have enough support people on the system.

ORIGINAL: ssautter
If all else fails....reboot!
I've experienced similar issues with HK's chat, and the quickest remedy is to logout, and the repeat the login.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: topspin

I happen to be an experienced professional... did that twice... so there, that was not the problem... they have not responded to my e-mail from the chat system either. They don't have enough support people on the system.

I've experienced similar issues with HK's chat, and the quickest remedy is to logout, and the repeat the login.

It's not that they don't have enough people, the online support system is contracted out. The problem is thet they have so many problems and complaints that they simply can't deal with them in a timely or reasonable manner. Anyone who thinks they have good customer support is either dreaming or getting compensated to say so because everyone knows they have the worst customer service in the industry.
Here we go again? are you going to stick to your same argument in the face of evidence to the contrary?

How many problems have YOU had personally, please post your own experiences with HK because these are actually useful to newbies.

I am neither dreaming, nor compensated.. you are wrong on both counts.. why can't you concede that SOME People actually get good service and are HAPPY with Hobbyking?

I would never deny that some people have bad experiences with HK.. but that is certainly NOT the case with all customers..

Making generalisations is pointless.. I only talk about MY experiences with HK and they have been great... and I don't get a CENT from HK..
Old 07-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: 804

It's not that they don't have enough people, the online support system is contracted out. The problem is thet they have so many problems and complaints that they simply can't deal with them in a timely or reasonable manner. Anyone who thinks they have good customer support is either dreaming or getting compensated to say so because everyone knows they have the worst customer service in the industry.
I personally don't care one way or another about HK.
A few years ago, I ordered 4 lipo batteries, got them in the expected time, got the expected quality.
I probably won't order from them again. Or I might, dunno.

But, we have several guys in our club who do use HK and are generally at least happy enough
to keep ordering.

One guy, a former CEO of a large company, who knows all about CS and everything else
about running a large business uses them, and recently had occasion to use HK's CS. He was satisfied,
and I know he is a tough customer.

Topspin, based on what I have read in these forums, and especially
your thread in this forum a few weeks ago concerning HK's FUBAR FBL system,
I am convinced you have no clue, and/or have some personal vendetta against HK.
In other words, ZERO credibility.
What can I say, your friend has not yet had a significant problem. If you read all of the RC forums you will find that HK gets far more complaints than any other hobby supplier. As for a vendetta? No, but I do dislike any company that takes such egregious advantage of their customers and then just thumbs their noses at them. It's your money so spend it where you like. I'm just trying to keep the uninitiated from finding out the hard way by getting ripped off by Hobby King.

I have no idea where your credibility comes from but since this is the internet you have no more than I do.
I'll address some of your comments.

1. Your friend has not yet had a significant problem.. in other words.. This person has had no significant problem with HK which means they can actually deliver products that work..

2. They have more complaints than any other hobby shop... Um.. perhaps because they move FAR more stock than any other hobbyshop...

Have a look at EBAY... even the TOP sellers, with 99.9% positive ratings have dozens of negative feedbacks every month.. but they are moving TENTHOUSAND items each month... and 99.9% of people are happy..

3. How on earth has Hobbyking taken advantage of me? and please read some of the Helicopter forums, there are Plenty of other people extremely happy with the HK Helicopters.

You say they take advantage of their customers... ok.. I pay $59 for a helicopter, it arrives in 4 days, I pay another $100 for parts, motor / gyro / esc / servos, all from Hobbyking. I build the helicopter, the kit is much higher quality than I expected for this price.. this helicopter flies PERFECTLY reliable for over 3 years and 1200 flights... I get YEARS of fun and enjoyment from a $150 purchase from Hobbyking... and this heli is still going.. Please explain how they took advantage of me???

How are they taking advantage of customers when they sell a genuine Futaba Receiver for less than most other stores in the USA?

They also sell the Orange FASST receivers for $30. I have a number of these and have tested them side by side with the genuine Futaba product.

I have used them in 450 Helis, and even deliberately unbalanced an old heli to create severe vibration while testing the Orange Receiver.. After more than 2 years of regular use the $30 Orange RX has proven to be the equal of the Genuine product in every way. Range, performance, reliablity, all identical.

So how is Hobbyking taking advantage of me by selling these receivers?

Its admirable if you are trying to keep the uninitiated from being ripped off.. but posting your OWN experiences is the best way to achieve that.

I notice your item was delivered a week ago... Was it faulty?

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...=RC861116707HK

I post my own GOODexperiences also to help the uninitiated. Yes you can buy junk from any hobbyshop, HK included but if you research and shop carefully with HK you can get good quality at bargain prices. ..

3. Thumbing their noses at customer... admittedly I have only used HK customer support ONCE (In 3 years and 135 orders I only needed HK support ONCE.. that speaks volumes in itself)

The one time I needed HK support it worked perfectly for me...

But because my good experience does not fit your pre concieved idea of HK you accuse me of dreaming or being paid to lie....

But still wrong on both counts...

Here is another of my GREAT Hobbyking Helicopters.. more than 600 flights on this one now.. Under $200 to put this in the air.. yep HK sure ripped me off.. I should have paid a hobbyshop $800 for a brand name heli that flies exactly the same...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfXW9vw8Qq8[/youtube]

Old 07-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Rob2160

And just for the record.. this HK Heli has over 1200 flights..

I originally built it with 3 x Hitech HS65 MG servos (from a local Hobbyshop @ $30 each ) on collective and one Hobbyking Turnigy DS480 Servo ($24) on the Tail..

Around the 600 flight mark the Hitech Servos started to jitter and one was very erratic, so I replaced all three Collective Servos with another set of Hitechs.

The Original HK tail servo is working perfectly still after 1200 flights..

I don't feel ripped off by HK.. I felt ripped off by the Hobbyshop who told me the Hitech Servos will last forever.. they didn't.

Here is a video again of the said Heli..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRaI0t4n5Do[/youtube]

My 2nd ever purchase from Hobbyking in 2010 was the HK Spitfire.. It cost me $69 - shipping was another $25 approx for EMS shipping.. It arrived in 4 days..

This little fixed wing has over 1000 flights and is still flying perfectly, no failures, it gets an absolute flogging every time I fly now, full throttle inverted spins etc.. It just keeps working...

A few vids.. notice the dates... I still have this plane and fly it regularly..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nCdLOU-Ms0[/youtube]

The HK Spit beside the Parkzone Spit $69 vs $300 (Yes I admit the PZ Spit is nicer overall but the HK Spit was a bargain for the price)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3hkh3TXpAA[/youtube]

HK did not rip me off with this plane. it was a bargain, it flies great, has been reliable and is still perfect after 3 years and more than 1000 flights

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUr81q8hqpg[/youtube]

I have hundreds more videos of my HK planes and Helicopters.. all living proof that if you shop wisely on HK you can get great value for money.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:30 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly , give it a rest. They got their hundred dollars worth already !

Old 07-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: flyinwalenda

Honestly , give it a rest. They got their hundred dollars worth already !

If you don't like Hobbyking I can respect your opinion..

But your beleif and accusation that I am being paid to post here is AGAIN wrong.

I would appreciate that you don't post things that are not true about me in a public forum.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/libel

Old 07-02-2013, 05:55 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rob2160 If you don't like Hobbyking I can respect your opinion..

BULLSTUFF !!!!!!!!!

NOBODY here "respects" ANYBODY"S opinions that differ from their own !!!! .... ABOUT ANYTHING !!!!!!

I have refrained from posting to this thread up till now , but really , that little bit about respect REALLY got my ire up ! How flippin DARE you come in here talkin respect when you darn well right know that all these HK threads do is breed fights and discontent , and YOUR just as much to blame as the rest of the respondents ???? YES , some folks do feel they got their money's worth from HK . YES , some folks feel that HK screwed them . Now , getting past that , and getting past all the lame attacks on each other that I see posted here , do any of you REALLY think your gonna change anyone's opinion of HK ? Really ?!?

I would be the first to stand up and fight anything that I thought was unfair censorship . BUT !!! , with regards to HK , I'm just about convinced that RCU should put HK into the realm of religion or politics , Forbidden to be discussed , due to all the bullstuff that these threads generate . There already is one major RC site that has sold itself to HK for the purpose of being it's advertising arm . Do we REALLY need to pollute RCU with the same garbage ? So what HK is about RC , big deal , there ARE political aspects directly about to affect RC that we are not allowed to discuss due to their volatility , so the precedent of disallowing certain RC based discussion has already been established . I really DO think it's about time to consider adding HK to the list .......

You may all now go back to clubbin each other like seals over the HK debate , I will NOT be posting to this mess of a thread again ........
Old 07-02-2013, 06:00 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: init4fun

BULLSTUFF !!!!!!!!!

NOBODY here "respects" ANYBODY"S opinions that differ from their own !!!! .... ABOUT ANYTHING !!!!!!

I have refrained from posting to this thread up till now , but really , that little bit about respect REALLY got my ire up ! How flippin DARE you come in here talkin respect when you darn well right know that all these HK threads do is breed fights and discontent , and YOUR just as much to blame as the rest of the respondents ???? YES , some folks do feel they got their money's worth from HK . YES , some folks feel that HK screwed them . Now , getting past that , and getting past all the lame attacks on each other that I see posted here , do any of you REALLY think your gonna change anyone's opinion of HK ? Really ?!?

I would be the first to stand up and fight anything that I thought was unfair censorship . BUT !!! , with regards to HK , I'm just about convinced that RCU should put HK into the realm of religion or politics , Forbidden to be discussed , due to all the bullstuff that these threads generate . There already is one major RC site that has sold itself to HK for the purpose of being it's advertising arm . Do we REALLY need to pollute RCU with the same garbage ? So what HK is about RC , big deal , there ARE political aspects directly about to affect RC that we are not allowed to discuss due to their volatility , so the precedent of disallowing certain RC based discussion has already been established . I really DO think it's about time to consider adding HK to the list .......

You may all now go back to clubbin each other like seals over the HK debate , I will NOT be posting to this mess of a thread again ........
I respect your opinion and your decision not to post here again..

But isn't your suggestion that RCU ban discussions on Hobbyking a direct contradiction of your First Amendment? You live in the USA right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_A...s_Constitution

Do I think I am going to change anyone's opinion.. Yes, I already have.. in the Heli Forums and with my Youtube channel, (Primarily focussed on RC Helis) there are dozens of people around the world who previously never knew about HK Helicopters and are now enjoying an aspect of this hobby they had previously been unable to afford.

Read the comments on this video.. lots of happy campers... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLvYEqre6o
Old 07-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Rob2160

Anyway,

If you are smart and research your purchases carefully, read the reviews and watch the independent reviews on youtube you will generally have a good experience with Hobbyking.

I am sure you can find junk on HK, just as you can with any Hobby Shop. But a clever shopper knows how to avoid being stung.

I had a neighbor who bought a few small HK planes and they were not that great.. He gave them to me and after correcting a few flaws they flew reasonably. Just reasonably.. not great..

However, the reviews and discussion on the HK site described exactly the same flaws that I found in his models.

Personally, I would never have bought those planes myself based on the reviews on the HK website.

Your experience with HK is entirely in your own hands.. If you are smart, you can make HK work to your advantage. Research is the key to avoiding purchases that will give you problems.

But believe me. If I ever personally buy a product from HK that turns out to be BAD or downright junk, I will be the first one here warning others to avoid it..

My Gaui 550 is powered by a $40 Hobbyking motor and a $45 6S 3300 Mah Hobbyking Battery.. 600 flights on the motor and over 300 on the battery to date. Both still Perfect (The Hobbyshop wanted over $400 for a motor & Battery for this Helicopter)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzLoJjoWO3Y

But I did the research first and it saved me $300+ just on this heli alone.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Live Wire

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

ORIGINAL: init4fun

BULLSTUFF !!!!!!!!!

NOBODY here ''respects'' ANYBODY''S opinions that differ from their own !!!! .... ABOUT ANYTHING !!!!!!

I respect your opinion and your decision not to post here again.. [img][/img]

But isn't your suggestion that RCU ban discussions on Hobbyking a direct contradiction of your First Amendment? You live in the USA right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_A...s_Constitution

Do I think I am going to change anyone's opinion.. Yes, I already have.. in the Heli Forums and with my Youtube channel, (Primarily focussed on RC Helis) there are dozens of people around the world who previously never knew about HK Helicopters and are now enjoying an aspect of this hobby they had previously been unable to afford.

Read the comments on this video.. lots of happy campers... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLvYEqre6o
LOL
Interesting how one post can do more damage than a 100 threads
Old 07-03-2013, 07:02 AM
topspin

A friend of mine posted this earlier in the year but thought it might be relevent.

READ THIS to Avoid Getting Conned
One year ago today Hobby King ran this ad. I believe that since this ad ran there has been a noticeable increase in HK promotion on RCG and other RC forums. Not once have I seen where someone promoting HK and their products has disclosed that they are in fact employees being paid to promote HK. This practice is against the law in the USA. Buyer Beware! Those posts you are reading may be coming from HK promoters/employees. Research all HK products thoroughly before buying to Avoid Getting Conned.
Unfortunately this ad destroyed the credibility of all HK supporters and puts all positive reviews in question? Why would a large successful? company do this?
Please keep replies pertinent to the Topic rather than attacking RCG users. Thank You.

Online Promotion Staff Needed
Post Reply Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 123 13>
Author Message Topic Search Topic OptionsPost Reply
Create New Topic
Printable Version
HobbyKing_Admin Members Profile
Find Members Posts
Add to Buddy List
Platinum (AU)
USERID: 731618
Forum Admin

Online Status: Offline
Posts: 283 Quote Reply Topic: Online Promotion Staff Needed
Posted: 17/Jan/2012 at 3:58pm
Do you like playing with HobbyKing products?
Do you want to get paid for promoting HobbyKing products in forums and other online mediums?

Send your letter of interest, outlining your skills and history in R/C to [email protected]

*Remuneration from $100/month up for the right candidates.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:14 AM
bogbeagle

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

"Do you like playing with HobbyKing products?
Do you want to get paid for promoting HobbyKing products in forums and other online mediums? "

I don't see anything about "being paid to deceive people", which is what you are implying.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:45 AM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sure looks like someone is getting paid to push the junk.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:31 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know about any payments... I have never received any payments, I have won contests there and spent more than I won. There; that is my disclosure, full and honest.

I would put many of their lipo batteries up against anything you want and save myself a lot of money. Not every product at Tower or Horizon is A1 top quality... so too at HobbyKing.

I do buy somethings there and other products in the states... but to write that everything is Junk is Libel.

ORIGINAL: countilaw
Old 07-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Live Wire

And you can also get thrown in to jail for telling the TRUTH
Old 07-03-2013, 12:32 PM
keyman
My Feedback: (22)

Old 07-03-2013, 01:38 PM
ssautter

ORIGINAL: 804
Do you really think there are so many "uninitiated" (newbies?) who don't "know" what you know, who keep HK afloat because of their ignorance?
I honestly believe that Nitro Models Inc. - NitroPlanes, HobbyPartz, XHeli, etc - is kept afloat with unsuspecting newbies.
Noobs will findHK's international ordering process daunting,while the NitroPlanes' website(s) are full of glamour and glitter.
Nitro Models and XHeli even have YewToob videos with prepubescent test pilots and cracking voices!

HobbyKing uses something calleda "direct distribution network", and this particular type of business model targets the experienced consumer.
The newbie is nota demographicwhichHobbyKing is specifically catering to, because too much customer "service" is a brain drain.
The newbie better suited to the brick-and-mortar hobby shop, which should be a win-win for hobby shops and distributors alike.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:06 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

So if some newbie is so unwittlingly spending money at HK,, what in the world makes you think posting this same argument over and over and over again here will make any difference. Most likely they've never heard of this place either.

You guys are pissing in the wind,, why can't you see that?
Old 07-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Johnny_Zero
My Feedback: (44)

I love comedy.........
Old 07-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Rob2160

If you want to keep believing that.. be my guest.. I'm over trying to open closed minds.

Most people are capable of discerning the truth.. some clearly cannot.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Live Wire

It's great how people can edit their posts and keep on going
Old 07-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Live Wire

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

If you want to keep believing that.. be my guest.. I'm over trying to open closed minds.

Most people are capable of diserning the truth.. some clearly cannot.
We have a man here in the US that has the same line of BULL
Old 07-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: Live Wire

It's great how people can edit their posts and keep on going
its called freedom of choice and freedom of speech.

We have that in Australia too

yes it is great how people can edit their posts. It's the little 'edit' button on the top right.

Besides if you post in this thread it's only courtesy to receive a reply. Even if I totally disagree with you and have a different opinion entirely my reply shows that your post was validated. Ignoring you would be rude.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Rob2160

Deleted double post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.