Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Need plans for a 70" Trainer wing

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Need plans for a 70" Trainer wing

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 05:11 PM
Jack_K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need plans for a 70" Trainer wing

I broke my big trainer, but I have successfully repaired the fuselage. The wing was not salvageable so I need a new one. The plane was one of the cheap ARFs from Nitro Planes. It was called the Trainer 60 I think.

The wing was 70" - 72" and had a 13" chord. It was a high wing bolt-on version.

I could build a new one with balsa and plywood or I can cut a foam wing and sheet it.

I just need some plans or a kick-start on how to create my own plans.

Any help is appreciated.
Jack
[TABLE="class: tborder user-postbit-left-user, width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: user-postbit-bottom-user"]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 09-10-2016, 04:37 AM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack_K
I broke my big trainer, but I have successfully repaired the fuselage. The wing was not salvageable so I need a new one. The plane was one of the cheap ARFs from Nitro Planes. It was called the Trainer 60 I think.
The wing was 70" - 72" and had a 13" chord. It was a high wing bolt-on version.
I could build a new one with balsa and plywood or I can cut a foam wing and sheet it.
I just need some plans or a kick-start on how to create my own plans.
Any help is appreciated.
Jack
[TABLE="class: tborder user-postbit-left-user, width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: user-postbit-bottom-user"]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Two sources come to mind. 1. One is SPAD, online where you can find plans for a plane and wing made of corrugated plastic, and, 2. go to OUTERZONE online and search for trainers, and pick a wing that is the size and type you want.

Probably, SPAD is the easiest and quickest, and you could use the building approach to make a wing any size you want. The stuff is tough also. Good luck.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:55 AM
J330
My Feedback: (3)

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

I have a Telemaster kit and can make you plans for $3.00 copied by a local blueprint shop and postage to get your something in hand. I can also make a template from the ribs I have. It's a great wing design for any trainer fuselage with the flat bottom airfoil.

It's 73" wingspan, could work fine if not improve the flight you once had. Trailing edge can be had cheap from Tower, they even have the aileron tapers you'll need. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJD18&P=7

I also found a Kadet Senior kit, again can copy the plans for cheap, and make a template for the ribs to get you on your way. For $99 you can get the whole plane. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1p?&I=SIGA0058

Last edited by J330; 09-15-2016 at 10:05 AM.