Digital Camera & Photo Editing Discuss digital cameras in this forum. Products, comparisons, usage, tips for getting your rc photos on the web. Software photo editing and touch up tips.

Those Little SD Cards

Reply
Old 03-18-2017, 09:48 PM
  #1
suzonka
Thread Starter
 
suzonka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: calverton Long Island, NY
Posts: 827
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Those Little SD Cards

I noticed when I wanted to view my SD card from my drone it had a picture single shot folder and a video folder .well I deleted the single shot folder, will it come back when I reinsert it and take a single shot or should I reformat it on my computer ? if so how do I reformat it.
suzonka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:53 AM
  #2
loopdeeloop
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Owatonna, MN
Posts: 149
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Pictures will likely appear as separate files rather than in the folder. No need to reformat as this clears the card entirely. Insert the card into your computer. Select the card (open it). Right click and select New Folder. Give it the same name it had before. Hit enter and the folder is back (empty of course but you can move any individual files back into it if desired).
loopdeeloop is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:32 PM
  #3
Jim Schwagle
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Canyon Country, CA
Posts: 654
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

My experience has been that if you delete a folder, video or single picture, the folder(s) will be recreated the next time it's used in the drone.
Jim Schwagle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:32 AM
  #4
suzonka
Thread Starter
 
suzonka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: calverton Long Island, NY
Posts: 827
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default so leave it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Schwagle View Post
My experience has been that if you delete a folder, video or single picture, the folder(s) will be recreated the next time it's used in the drone.
in other words wen I reinstall it in the drone it clears out the last video or picture?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170520_222545.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	2216746  
suzonka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:16 PM
  #5
grahamnt
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 2
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzonka View Post
I noticed when I wanted to view my SD card from my drone it had a picture single shot folder and a video folder .well I deleted the single shot folder, will it come back when I reinsert it and take a single shot or should I reformat it on my computer ? if so how do I reformat it.
With it, have your tried using a photo viewer? A good one might help. I'm using a PhotoViewerPro for my images management.
grahamnt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:00 AM
  #6
suzonka
Thread Starter
 
suzonka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: calverton Long Island, NY
Posts: 827
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopdeeloop View Post
Pictures will likely appear as separate files rather than in the folder. No need to reformat as this clears the card entirely. Insert the card into your computer. Select the card (open it). Right click and select New Folder. Give it the same name it had before. Hit enter and the folder is back (empty of course but you can move any individual files back into it if desired).
so the bottom line is to keep the rpm's of the motor under control and for max thrust can I go to a 7 or 8 pitch ?
suzonka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:28 AM.