Community
Search
Notices
Draganfly Innovations Products Discuss all the Draganfly Innovations Products in this forum

Custom Camera Mount

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 08:15 PM
navy_chopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Custom Camera Mount

Hmm, do you happen to know the FAR rule number that governs that? It seems curious because these things do not have registration numbers.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:41 PM
peterrbb

Navy Chopper FAA AC91-57. This is most probably hyp or mis -information. ?possibly a ploy by an RC group to gain licencing dues?
Old 02-26-2007, 09:01 PM
laceycopter

This was in the news:
The US Federal Aviation Administration is exploring potential establishment of a three-category classification and certification system for unmanned air vehicles as part of a roadmap for UAV integration into the US national airspace system planned for release in October.
The FAA is warning that few systems are likely to achieve “standard†classification in the near term. It expects virtually all existing UAV systems to be classified under a revised “restricted†classification.
The new classifications would also include a category being referred to as “lightly restricted†to cover aircraft currently restricted to flight within visual sight as the primary basis of risk mitigation. This category includes radio-controlled model aircraft, particularly model helicopters adapted for commercial use in aerial photography

And This:
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=64836

http://www.9news.com/video/player.aspx?aid=29804&bw=

And FAA rules:
http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...ineering/uapo/
Old 02-26-2007, 09:32 PM
peterrbb

Thank you for the up to date info
Old 02-26-2007, 09:37 PM
laceycopter

No Problem... Trust me I'm not happy about this either. We have several Heli's and the SAVS equiped with cameras for AP work, we're grounded to... [&o]
Old 02-26-2007, 11:31 PM
TheHindmost

The Advisory Circular just seems like common sense rules for all R/C aircraft...I didn't see anything about commercial operations, though. The UAPO document appears to be basically a mission statement, anticipating a future when full-sized UAVs need to be integrated into the national airspace system. I wish the news story from the KUSA website had given a specific FAR or AC to read...

This could be the case of a local FSDO (Flight Standards District Office, basically the local FAA authorities) either misinterpreting a rule or intentionally bending one, possibly in response to a complaint. I sure hope so!

Will
Old 02-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Sky High

Yep, Lacey's correct. There has been ALOT of heated arguments over the FAA regulating RC and RC AP. You can see plenty of talk, and I mean heated talk, about it [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/aerial-photography-128/]here[/link].
Old 02-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Blackdragan

Sky High,

Nice to see you back! It has been a while since you posted. Don't forget to find your trade mark "blue ink".
Old 02-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Sky High

How many of you that are interested in BlackDragon's mount design actually plan on or are actually using the SAVS as a tool to make a living? Well, I can understand him not going into detail but if what I just stated is his plan, maybe he should just say that he is protecting his design for that reason instead of not addressing the questions at all. He's not under any obligation to say anything but I can also see the other side too. For those that are just doing it for fun, it's easy not to see his, Yves's, mine and anyone else's reason for not disclosing certain things because someone else using your idea wouldn't affect you. Anyone, anywhere could use your own idea against you because you never know whose watching in your own area/market.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:42 AM
vi360

If someone in his area wants to copy him for profit can, do so by simply hiring him for one shoot and look. Whats the drama really? The actual magic for good video and photos is balancing the camera with the battery and piloting in my opinion.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:22 AM
Sky High

vi360, yes someone could pose as a client to see the idea but at least he's getting paid to show them! The same thing happens with every product that is publicly sold. The competition buys it in a store or wherever, reverse engineers it and then produces a slight variation of it to avoid infringement. We've all got a point in this matter, but mine is mostly if you are using it as an important tool for your business. I've seen posts on this and other boards where people got mad because they believed their idea was ripped off when they posted it. Well, if you post an idea or design on a public board and it's not protected by patents or copyrights, then you're just asking for it.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:26 AM
cre8web

Guys this is getting a little bit carried away, if someone wants to take pics that badly they will just go buy the microdrone

Marty
Old 03-01-2007, 02:37 AM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: cre8web

Guys this is getting a little bit carried away, if someone wants to take pics that badly they will just go buy the microdrone

Marty
Yep, and Blackdragon still hasn't chimed in after I attempted to defend him. [>:] Yall started it, not me. I'm just trying to help explain why he might be keeping his mount on the DL, the QT. My main point is that all that commented earlier would see if very differently if it's use was a significant part of their income. And cre8web, if I want to get the high end shots I'm going to use something a little more professional than the SAVS or the Microdrone, something called the X-UFO!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:56 AM
flyingdutchie

What I don't understand is why he started this thread in the first place.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:33 AM
navy_chopper

Yep, and Blackdragon still hasn't chimed in after I attempted to defend him. Yall started it, not me. I'm just trying to help explain why he might be keeping his mount on the DL, the QT. My main point is that all that commented earlier would see if very differently if it's use was a significant part of their income. And cre8web, if I want to get the high end shots I'm going to use something a little more professional than the SAVS or the Microdrone, something called the X-UFO!

Sky High--we mentioned something a while back and BD already responded. Since his response a couple posts back, everyone seemed to accept his answer so I think we were all over it. You drummed it back up.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Sky High

navy_chopper, cool your jets! I was referring to everyone that talked about it, not just you. I'm an equal opportunity offender. As far as me bringing it up again, I just made a statement like several others did trying to explain why he is not disclosing anything about it yet if at all. And yes, he did respond but was it any more informative than before? NO. So, as Yves did, I just provided another perspective from someone who knows first hand why he may not be disclosing certain specifics about his mount. He may just be waiting until he perfects it, who knows?

ORIGINAL: navy_chopper

All I know that in the Panhandle of Florida, I am not in competition with anyone in Sioux Falls, South Dakota! Let the roos, be--I vote for the beer!!!
Like I said earlier, it's not who is several states away or around the world to be concerned about, it's the one(s) that are close by cruising these boards. But if you don't use it for income, it wouldn't matter if it was the next door neighbor.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Sky High

ORIGINAL: Blackdragan

Sky High,

Nice to see you back! It has been a while since you posted. Don't forget to find your trade mark "blue ink".
Yeah I know, my computer ran out of blue and they don't make it anymore. [sm=disappointed.gif]
Old 03-01-2007, 10:13 PM
yvesOttawa

Hey Sky, not to change topic but how close were you to the tornados and wicked weather in your neck of the woods?
Old 03-02-2007, 06:54 PM
yvesOttawa

Some just want bragging rights and show off some great pics, others just want to show a little bit but not reveal the entire package. Don't really blame BD but then again, this thread is over 100 posts, give it a *****ing rest about the mount. Yeah it works well, now move on.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Clement7

Hey Sky! What's up?

Here's something that's off-topic.. I have nothing to hide, nothing new to share.. I used my SAVS as is..

A group of Filipino 4x4 enthusiasts invited me to join their expedition to the Sierra Madre Mountains in the Philippines to document the culture of the vanishing Mandawe tribe.. I brought my SAVS with me and my nitro AP ship to take some aerial shots.

Check out the following teaser video and make a wild guess which scene was shot by my SAVS:

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jXdTUZ--DE]Jojo Mariano's Aerial Adventures: The Sierra Madre Expedition[/link]

Cheers!

Clement7 (Jojo Mariano)

www.aerialcamasia.com
Old 03-10-2007, 10:17 PM
EssBee

Hi all I'm new here too, and just considering buying a DF SAVS for aerial video shooting. The big issue for me is wind (I live near the coast). I expect that the better you get as a pilot, the windier the conditions you can fly in. But how windy have people flown in and still taken aceptable quality footage? I guess it also makes a lot of difference whether it is gusty or consistent wind? I'd also be keen to know what other environmental factors need to considered that may affect number of flying days. (Ok I can imagine rain isn't good!) any others?

cheers...
Old 03-10-2007, 11:21 PM
peterrbb

EssBee I am new to the savs, not yet video taping. The wind is not your friend! My impatience and eagerness to fly has led to many bad days flying in winds over 5 to 10 mph. But get one anyway! Great fun!
Old 03-19-2007, 12:30 PM
holyschmoley

I've been thinking about buying the SAVs for aerial photography but wanted to know if any of you fly regular helicopters as well. I've been learning on a blade cp and will move to a TREX next. I'm just wondering if the SAVs is worth the $2500 vs. less than a $1000 for a TREX or even some other r/c helicopter. Is the SAVs any better for taking aerial photos/videos vs. a 'regular' r/c helicopter once someone is actually able to fly one well?
Old 03-19-2007, 01:45 PM
SAVS

ORIGINAL: holyschmoley

I've been thinking about buying the SAVs for aerial photography but wanted to know if any of you fly regular helicopters as well. I've been learning on a blade cp and will move to a TREX next. I'm just wondering if the SAVs is worth the $2500 vs. less than a $1000 for a TREX or even some other r/c helicopter. Is the SAVs any better for taking aerial photos/videos vs. a 'regular' r/c helicopter once someone is actually able to fly one well?
The questions I would ask are:

1. Will you be AP'ing around buildings, people, small enclosed areas, noise & safety factor.
2. Do you need to carry an SLR or is a digital (<4.5 oz) ok.
3. $$ (probable $$$$) an issue?

Having both would be nice but they are piloted very differently and I have learned that the pilot factor is what makes or breaks good quality AP.

Just my 2 cents...Denny
Old 03-19-2007, 06:48 PM
laceycopter

ORIGINAL: holyschmoley

Less then a $1000???...even a good T-rex se 450 will cost ya $1200 with everything and it is to small for good AP...you would need the T-rex 600(50 size) it's very stable, but I just finished mine and it cost more like $2500, and you Really need to know how to fly.
5 foot diameter CF bades spining at 2,400 rpm's could kill somebody.

The DF is by far the easiest and most stable....but you can only carry about 4.5 oz. so it depends on what you need.
Happy Flyin,
Lacey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.