Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Adjusting Blade CP to use Futaba 9C

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Adjusting Blade CP to use Futaba 9C

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 12:42 PM
cmassa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adjusting Blade CP to use Futaba 9C

I'm a heli noob but can hover and fly around with my Blade CP. I'm setting up to use my 9C transmitter. Already have the correct crystal. I have some questions about adjusting the swashplate. Should I use the positions of the servos and swash as they are when using the stock transmitter and adjust the 9C programming to keep the same position? The servo arms are not straight out. Or should I readjust the servos in the 9C subtrims to make the arms straight and then adjust the links for the proper swash position from there? If I do that I have to run the subtrims all the way to one side to get the arm straight. if I remove the arm and reposition, it requires the same amount of sub-trim just in the opposite direction. The current position of the splines on the servos will not allow the arm to be straight out. Does it matter? With the sub-trim all the way to 120 it doesn't seem to limit throw of the servo (they don't move much anyway.)

Chris
Old 01-28-2006, 08:51 PM
zooland1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Adjusting Blade CP to use Futaba 9C

I have a 7C but this should help you out. You need to adjust the radio to fit the blade. Set your swash and blade pitches before you set the radio up. You will do this in the mode settings with your pitch settings and such. You can set the trims to a higher degree and then use the button trims for minor adjustments in flight.

Go to the e-flight blade cp thread on page 46 about 3/4 down the page. Someone posted his settings for the 9C there. A couple other guys on that thread have the 9C as well and can probably help with minor problems (or major as the case may be). One guy I know of goes by westwing. You might PM him and see how he set his up.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:29 PM
rsrogers
My Feedback: (10)

Could someone post a direct link to the thread zooland is talking about. Cant seem to find it & would like to set my 9C up as well for my Blade.

Dosent it take a single conversion Rx. crystal?
Old 01-29-2006, 08:25 PM
motorsports

ORIGINAL: rsrogers

Could someone post a direct link to the thread zooland is talking about. Cant seem to find it & would like to set my 9C up as well for my Blade.

Dosent it take a single conversion Rx. crystal?
Yes, I used a single conversion Futaba Rx Xtal in mine and it seems to work. The following is a setup I got from the page the other guy was talking about, I think. I can no way take any credit for the programming. Just can't remember who the guy was. I'm gonna have to go back later and thank him. However the setup seems to work so far. I'm new at this and just skidding and hopping around and trying to get sometype of control on this little beast. Ha! Ha! Anywho, here is the setup:

First set it for PPM. NOT PCM

Pick swashplate type SR-3
Goto SWASH AFR
make ailerons -50%
make elevator +58%
make pitch +64%

Goto END POINTS

make throttle 43/100

Goto REVERSE
reverse the ailerons, and the throttle

Goto PIT-CV/NOR
Point 1 46.0%
Point 2 52.5%
Point 3 57.5%
Point 4 63.5%
Point 5 75.0%

Goto TH-CV/NOR
Point 1 0%
Point 2 25.0%
Point 3 50.0%
Point 4 75.0%
Point 5 100.0%

Goto REVO./NOR
Mix = ON
Point 1 -20%
Point 2 -10%
Point 3 0%
Point 4 +10%
Point 5 +20%

Goto the advanced menu

Goto HOV-THR
MIX = ON
Turn the VR(c) knob till it reads
RATE=0% (-71%)

Goto HOV-PIT
MIX = ON
Turn the VR(a) knob till it reads
RATE = 0% (+10%)

This is just the set-ups for normal mode.

Good luck on your blade......
Old 01-29-2006, 08:41 PM
rsrogers

Thanks motorsports,

What brand of crystal did you use Futaba, Hitec or what? If Futaba do you have to worry about high & low band?
Old 01-29-2006, 09:19 PM
motorsports

ORIGINAL: rsrogers

Thanks motorsports,

What brand of crystal did you use Futaba, Hitec or what? If Futaba do you have to worry about high & low band?

Used a Futaba xtal. It's a single conversion, or some people call it the short version. Anywho, it should be listed in the catalogs as single conversion. I think some people have had some success with other xtals, but the Futaba seems to be the most popular. I also believe that I picked up somewhere that the 4-1 in the Blade was broadbanded enough to handle either low or high band. Everything I know just about this little beast I picked up off one of the forums here. You just have to spend some time researching. Did that sound like a disclaimer???? Ha! Ha! I'm pretty sure with what I've told you here, but hopefully someone else will jump in if I'm not. There's people on these forums that has forgotten more than I'll ever know about the Blade.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:40 AM
cmassa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks the for all the information. I've got my Blade flying quite well now on my Futaba 9c. I got everything straight and am now playing with the throttle and pitch curves. I read somewhere that they fly better with the head speed high. I've changed my normal throttle curve to be -> 0%, 80%, 98%, 100%, 100%. Idle up is set at 100% at all levels but I haven't used this much yet. With this the throttle is running 100% whenever flying. It is quite stable and seems to make adjusting the proportional and REVO mix much easier as the head rpm is nearly constant.

I used a Berg 5/6 receiver crystal from

[link=http://www.lightflightrc.com/HTML/products/BergCrystal.htm]LightFlightRC[/link]

Chris
Old 01-30-2006, 10:26 AM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Ive got the set-up's for the idle-up's programmed now...Ill post them shortly. It works really well now.

Old 02-05-2006, 06:36 AM
mrdakota
My Feedback: (29)

I've decided to use my 9Z w/sythesizer.....can I copy someone elses settings?
Old 02-14-2006, 12:36 PM
smallplanes
My Feedback: (3)

I used the settings that motorsports listed and my blade flu like a whole other heli. So now when i and pitch the tail only moves a little, i even took my hand off the rudder stick for a sec or two and it stayed rite there,before i would have crashed. I would recommend any one with a better radio to change to it it will fly so much better. I would like to know what idle up setting you guys are using?

Thanks for the help
smallplanes
Old 02-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Julian537
My Feedback: (9)

What crystal do I need for the RX to use my 9C?
Old 02-14-2006, 04:53 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Motorsports, did I give those settings to you? They look familiar...hehe I cant remember who all I sent them out too.
I've got the Idle Up's programmed now too. Just tweaking them out. Should have them up soon. Im not doing two idle ups...just one.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:06 PM
motorsports

Can't remember. I did get them off a forum here. If you notice, I did give credit that I stole them. Just couldn't remember who! Ha! Ha! BTW if it's any comfort, I'm having to use your stuff bdavison to rebuild my CP. Broke a critical piece on the main chassis, so it means everything comes off and a complete rebuild. Your work on this forum putting one together has been a lifesaver. Thanks for all the effort. Especially the pics.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:09 PM
motorsports

Julian537, use what they call a single conversion crystal (or commonly referred to as a short crystal.) I used a Futaba one and it worked great. You may can use another company's I just don't know about that.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Julian537

Thanks. I tried to use a green or single conversion crystal that was hitec and it did not work. I am going to see if I can get my hands on a futaba short crystal.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:33 PM
smallplanes
My Feedback: (3)

I too used the futaba short crystal in the RX,I also used a futaba crystal for my stock blade radio and it also works. I put the crystal in stock radio just to see the difference in it and my 9c in flite, and man what a difference. I flu it today and finally decided to take the traning gear off i have been flying all around with it on but was a little scared to take it off. I think i can land it better with out the gear than with it, i made some of the best landings today than i have ever made. A little bit more practice and i'm going to break out my Trex and start getting uset to it.
Like i said before if you have a better radio than the stock one you MUST change it over.

Thanks for the help guys
smallplanes
Old 02-14-2006, 08:25 PM
rsrogers

I got my short crystal today & still need a definate answer to a ?. My Tx is on ch 40 & the 4n1 is 17 do I have to worry about the high & low band thing w/ Futaba? I'm thinking not but just wanna make sure.

Has anyone else crossed the line???

Thanks,
Steve
Old 02-14-2006, 09:32 PM
reiffron

i used the above settings on my 9c and it works great thanks to all who posted them!!! i am waiting like a kid on christmas eve for those idle up settings!!! if anybody was wondering about a 9c with a synth module they work like a charm just dial in the channel and you are good to go, no looking for cristals!
Old 02-14-2006, 09:37 PM
motorsports

I'll have to check in the morning and see what my Blade CP transmitter is on vs what my Futaba transmitter was on. I think I read somewhere on these forums that the Blade CP Rx was broadbanded enough to digest anything. If all else fails tie the puppy down and do a complete range check and see what happens... Just make sure it's secure. I think you'll find that it'll work.....

My setup works fine. Thumbs just screw everything up......
Old 02-16-2006, 04:39 AM
motorsports

Hey rsrogers, sorry it took so long but I was finally able to check the freq on my Blade vs the Futaba transmitter. The transmitter was on Ch 57 and the Blade was on Ch 52. So I know that's not much help to ya. Both were technically on the same band. Sorry. Still sticking to the idea of the range test deal. If it passes that you are good to. I know I read somewhere on here about how broadbanded the RX was and the band didn't matter.

OK, just whacked a brand new set of blades on test flight after rebuild. My stupid. But got a nice pair of back scratchers now. (Tape them together for length!)

And BTW, the gov't should require model companies to put eye charts on the box! Ha! Ha! "If you can't read this you can't see well enough to work on this!" Ha! Ha! And yes I've tried the maginfiying visor. Just maginfies the shaking too! Ha! Ha! Maybe I should just stick to the Playdoh classes!
Old 02-16-2006, 04:03 PM
rsrogers

Got it going & played a little with it in the Den & the high/low band thing didnt seem to matter. I'll get it out & do a good range check as soon as I get time.

Thanks motorsports
Steve
Old 02-16-2006, 07:20 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

If I'm not mistaken all of Futaba's single conversion receivers are not broken up into low and high band. So there is no concern about swapping your favorite channel into the 4-n-1.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:19 PM
motorsports

OK, good deal. Just keep us posted.......

Finally got mine back together and it seems to be doing ok. Geez, whadda bunch of small parts. O'well.... But if it wouldn't have been for people on these forums, it would have gotten tossed in the trash!

Here's to all you guys that contribute stuff that help out us newbies. My hat's off to ya!
Old 02-17-2006, 12:49 AM
Julian537

I have to say one thing! If you have not changed it over to another radio, YOU SHOULD.
What an amazing little heli to fly now.
Changing the Throttle curves and the pitch curves made a world of difference.
I even took out my manual and started modifying the settings that were listed in this post.
You can make this thing as docile or agressive as you want.
9C is a great radio!
I also added the hiller mixing arms today. Speeds up the cyclic response and the collective.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:38 PM
rsrogers

COOL!
Cant wait till I get a chance to try mine out since swaping it to my 9C. I just wish I new more about what I was doing instead of just setting the Tx. up going by instructions [&o] Oh well I guess that comes with time & experience!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.