Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 09:45 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

JPEE,

Thanks for the reassurance on the eneloop batteries, I'm just liking that now I have a transmitter that I don't have to worry will lose its charge with a plane or heli in the air.

I will have to look into the Glacier lipos since I'll be needing some 6s one's...thanks for the tip.

I cannot imagine the nightmare you must have gone through trying to deal with creditors and the 3 reporting agencies so I can understand using a low balance card to make any online purchases. I like the multiple email balance per day so you are the one to keep track of your money.

Can't wait to hear how the flying lesson goes, let us know when you get a date set.

Sorry about the confusion on the new heli - I bought it from a HF member for my Christmas gift, but I did get it for a great price so it was like a give-away.

A little history first:

I actually first saw this heli in 2011 when RC Heli magazine had a cover story on it. It really caught my eye back then - the canopy, the battery loading, the top mounted motor - everything about it gave presence. But I was into Align and didn't want to venture plus was moving up to the 500 and 550 sizes. At the time this was only offered in a 12S 600 size which was out of my league.

So fast forward to 2014 and Outrage did some changes including offering a conversion kit so the Fusion could be run on 550 size blades and on 6s power (using a higher kv rated motor). I saw one such heli while casually going through the for-sale forum and thought the price was really low. Then I saw it had been for sale since July '14. My first thought was why is this still for sale and maybe whats wrong with it. After doing some research I found my answer...Outrage had closed. No more...and no more parts.

So why on earth would I get a heli that has no more support you ask? Good question - and my answer is b/c the electronics alone are about what the heli cost me so I can always move them to a different airframe in the future if I need to. I also found that there are some places that still have Fusion 50 stock so if I need parts will still be available but will take multiple shops to complete an order. And then there is just that need to fullfill...a heli you've been eyeing for several years but have never tried and then you get the chance. Well, that's my reason and I hope I didn't just go off the deep end with it. lol

So I've had the heli for a little over a week and have her completely torn down and have to say the condition the previous owner left her in is really good. I'm very satisfied with the purchase. I did fund her with the sale of my 450 and with the outlook of a bigger field in the future I can go back to larger heli's again.

I want to also wish you and Nick a safe and fun-filled New Years Eve. I hope you ring in the new year with prime rib and lobster and for Nick - the end of school and the completion of your degree in 2015. That should bring a smile to your face for sure!

Mark
Old 12-30-2014, 01:50 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Something I missed on your past posting was that you got Amazon Prime. I got a new Smart TV and my buddy Jason said I should get Amazon Prime because the software came on the television. So as you know for the $99 it's like having either Netflix or Hulu or other 99 dollar a year extra TV to watch, we are pretty tickled with it. I did have one problem, the TV gets synced to my wireless router and then brings in the intranet for all of the web surfing, the Amazon Prime TV and so on. But it kept freezing up on me and as I expressed my problems to Jason he said my router was too old to carry the bandwidth. Because it's on the other side of the wall from my home office I just ran a standard blue data cable through the wall and Bam we were back on with no more interruptions. Now regarding the Prime TV we use......... today I ordered a little small quad helicopter for a friend's 11 year old. When I searched prices everywhere else they were $10 less than Amazon but they wouldn't come until February 6. With the $10 extra cost at Amazon and the sales tax and FREE Amazon Prime delivery it will be here in two days and I was willing to pay the few extra dollars to get this kid so we can see a smile on her face. My buddies done me a lot of favors, so this was my way of giving back. As I told him, I'll receive it, open it, charge it, fly it, box it back up and let her come over and see it and give her some flying lessons. So as you can see I love the Prime, that fast shipping is incredible (not available on all items). I have a Amazon distribution locker not too far from the house too that I can even drive over to an pick up my parcels before their put on a truck for a route delivery. I don't know if you know this but they lease space from 7-Eleven's and other businesses where they will receive all of the UPS parcels as a kind of a depot, then the smaller rout truck will arrive there and load up for that area and deliver to homes and business's. But you're free to go in there if you're follow your tracking and pick it up yourself.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201117850

I think you did yourself real proud on getting that helicopter. And looking ahead and finding out about the parts exchange and where to get those parts, and even if you total it still salvaging all of the electronics you really did get a winner!...Congrats! I think that's a real smart idea to disassemble at copter and check all of the bearings from the other guys build.

Thank you for the New Year's Eve good wishes and of course it goes without saying I wish you and Nick and families of course a very happy and safe New Year's. You have a good memory to remember that we always have prime rib and lobster, you're scaring me..... are you a lobster and prime rib stalker LMAO. You've got a memory like a vice he he he.
I know you've already completed your education Mark and I to just can't imagine how happy Nick is going to be when he graduates and especially with the grades he has been able to pull consistently.

Okay guys that's it...... 10-4 Roger and out till 2015 YIKES!

Last edited by JPEE; 12-30-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:45 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I look at my accounts about once a week. I applied for a credit card with fraud monitoring. My current credit card has no fraud monitoring.

Yeah, there were a few classes that I was worried about at first. I take chemistry in the spring semester.

That is a cool helicopter. I didn't know outrage made a 600 size electric and I didn't know they closed their business.

John,

That is a very creative idea with the extra checking account.

I took my laptop apart a few days ago to clean the fan assembly. It was a lot more labor intensive than working on a desktop. When I put it back together it didn't work, so I was freaking out. It turns out I didn't put one of the RAM cards in all the way. Once I fixed that it started working again. Then I restored the software back to the factory settings. My computer was pretty slow, so I don't know if I had a virus or if I had a lot of old programs running in the background. I had to restore my investment database after that. My database backup didn't have the correct precision, so I spent a couple of days manually correcting each entry.

Nick

Last edited by evdreamer; 12-30-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:10 AM
evdreamer

Happy New Years everyone!
Old 01-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Aframomum

Sorry I missed it so Happy New Years Nick and John!

I had to work but got the chance to go outside at midnight and see all the firework displays. The hospital I work at is on a hill and you can see the fireworks at Disney so that was nice to watch.

We did get the chance to shoot off fireworks with my son earlier that evening before I had to go in to work. We do mainly the fountain fireworks but may try out some of the larger morter shells next year. The guy across the street had lots of morter shells and that was cool to watch.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Mark

P.S. - JPEE...I hope you and the Ms. are relaxing and enjoying your Amazon Prime on your new Smart TV. Good thing Jason was able to catch the aged router being your freeze problem.

Last edited by Aframomum; 01-06-2015 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:46 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is cool you enjoyed the fireworks on the 1st. I had to work in the morning on the 1st. People were lighting fireworks here out in the freezing weather. I can't wait for spring to come.

I ordered a VLAN capable network switch, so I can put my dad's computers and mine on different networks. My IT guy at work recommended that I do that, so a virus can't go from one computer to the next. I could also add a server and a network printer in the future. I never learned how to setup a VLAN at school, so this will be an interesting project.

Nick
Old 01-08-2015, 11:38 PM
Aframomum

Hi Nick,

Sorry you had to work on the 1st, but hope you got to enjoy your Eve's a little bit. I can imagine everyone bundled head to toe to shoot off fireworks in those temps. Talk about extreme, yikes!

Interesting home project with the new virtual network switch. I missed the part you mentioned earlier about taking apart your laptop to clean the fan assembly. I attempted a laptop disassembly once and stopped after getting under the keyboard part as it was a real chore. So labor intensive is an understatement. Glad you got it all finished and working.

The beginning of the year is our planning time for fairs and airshows so I've been checking on dates and putting in PTO for the specific days that we want to go. We are going to cut back a bit this year as we hit 2 fairs and 2 airshows last year, and that was a bit busy. So we are going to do 1 fair and 1 airshow...the fair will be next month and the airshow is in April. Looks like the Thunderbirds are going to be doing a show this year which will be nice to see again.

We have been having cold and windy weather from some of the fronts moving in from the north. Not as bad as what you guys have been getting but 40's are cold for us thinned blooded Floridians.

There is a rocket launch scheduled for Saturday - a SpaceX resupply mission to the ISS. Since that explosion in Virginia the other commercial supplier, Orbital Sciences has been grounded. Japan sends up resupply crafts but at a frequency of only 1 per year so it looks like SpaceX is going to be more depended on by NASA until ULA starts flying Orbital Sciences missions later this year.

But the real news is that this mission SpaceX is going to attempt a recovery of their first stage booster. They have a barge in the Atlantic off the coast of Jacksonville that is going to be the landing spot as the booster does several deceleration burns then navigates itself to a vertical landing on the barge. The last few launches SpaceX has showed that the booster stage can return under power to a gentle landing which occured in the ocean. But this will be the first time they are trying to land it on a platform so to keep it intact - the ocean landings the stage disintegrated under the pounding of the waves. So good luck to them and I'll be out at 4:47am to watch!

Mark
Old 01-09-2015, 08:37 AM
evdreamer

Mark,

I remember seeing a headline about SpaceX trying to land a rocket on the ocean, but I didn't read the article. That would be awesome to see. They sure have a lot of talented engineers.

My winter break is coming to an end. I have to go back to school on Monday.

Nick
Old 01-13-2015, 08:41 PM
Aframomum

Hi Nick,

Sorry that your winter break is over and its back to the class rooms. Not much longer though...

The rocket launch was quite spectacular, esp since it was officially a nite launch at 4:28 am. Luckily I was at work and so was able to watch the countdown live on Spaceflightnow.com and then when it cleared the tower ran outside to see it go. And go it did!

Living down here we get to see the Atlas and Delta rockets launched by ULA (United Lauch Alliance) and depending on if they have boosters or not they usually go up very quickly. Plus their fire trail is usually short (having 2 or 3 engines at most). But the rockets SpaceX uses go very slowly and they use 9 engines so they go up with a really long fire trail - it is a sight to see esp at night.

I was able to watch it all the way to main engine shut off and stage separation, and saw the second stage ignite (at that point it looked like a bright satellite slowly moving across the night sky). I also got to see the booster stage perform its first decent burn as when it ignited there were 2 separate satellite looking objects moving in separate directions. It was really cool to watch it all happen.

I later found out that the booster stage did as planned and navigated back to the barge off the coast of Jacksonville and performed its other 2 deceleration burns but it seems the hydralic fluid reserves for the aerodynamic fins located at the upper portion of the booster ran dry and the booster landed hard on the barge - ie basically crashed. But to have something navigate from the edge of space and do what it was designed to do the first time was quite an accomplishment. I hear they are going to do another booster recovery attempt the next launch (a weather satellite for the Air Force/NOAA/NASA) planned for Jan. 30. Very exciting year this is going to be.

Mark
Old 01-16-2015, 08:22 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I survived my first week of classes. I like my team members for my senior design class. We still haven't decided on a project yet. The other two groups want to design robots and I am glad my group doesn't. Not too many senior designs get finished when they try to design a robot. If there is time in the semester I will be learning about Spread Spectrum modulation like in modern transmitters. I installed the software to program my Digital Signal Processor today, so I will be able to start creating projects with that soon. Just 14-15 more weeks left.

I installed my VLAN switch today also. It took me awhile to figure out how the VLAN works, but I got it working on my desktop computer. Tomorrow I will try to add my dad's computers to it.

That is cool you were able to see the launch. That is a shame SpaceX couldn't land the boosters on the first try, but it is farther than anyone else has done.

Nick
Old 01-17-2015, 07:56 PM
Aframomum

Hi Nick,

congrats on the first week survival, at least your back in 'school' mode again. Why do most students not finish a robot project - too complicated or too much work required for too little time frame? I'm sure your group will decide on a project soon.

How did the addition of your dad's computer to your network go?

Did you see the video of the booster smash into the barge? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyZIuFXCswo

It was almost successful and I think with the needed hydralic fluid they'll make it work.

Mark
Old 01-18-2015, 01:58 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

Most students underestimate how long it takes to make the programming work on their robots and run out of time.

Adding my dad's computers to another VLAN went as planned. Once I figured out how the VLAN works, it only took a couple of minutes to program the switch and hook up the network cables.

That was a pretty violent rocket crash.

Nick
Old 01-19-2015, 01:44 PM
JPEE

Hi Guys,

Been under the weather and......................once again RCU notifications dropped off of this forum and I didn't get a notice that new posts were up.

No flying to report, but Mark you will die when I tell you this. My close friend owns a business where he buy's equipment of every breed on the cheap and then re-sells it for a fat profit. His shop is 1 mile from my house. Anyway, he bought this "item" that goes up in the high temps, a big sucker. He had the ad posted on Ebay and who calls, Space X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They wanted to see the "item" and came to his shop. Once there they love it BUT................said they would have to see it run for 2-3 hours and hold those high temps. So he said lets hook the puppy up and so they did, these were scientists! It ran the prescribed time and the sale was done. Then they talked about delivery which is about 50 miles from the house here. So here comes his business hat, he say's "I'll tell ya what I am gonna do"............ I'll load it n a truck and deliver down to your location IF............... you give me the nickle tour, they jumped at the free delivery and the deal was done. Once down there on the delivery they took him around the plant. He said it was breath taking................. eat you heart Mark. I was so happy for him that he got that chance. They are hoping to land the return booster this time as you know, so we all have our fingers crossed for them.

Nick

Sound like you've outsmarted the hackers by installing that VLAN switch and network at home! Congratulations on getting it done all on your own. Also glad to hear you "did not" get in with the robotics group, you'll do fine where your at doing what your best at!

Smiles Boy's
Old 01-22-2015, 01:54 AM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

JPEE,

Hope you are feeling a bit better now.

Thanks for the email BTW, those looked to be from Life Magazine and very clear.

What a wonderful experience for your friend - to not only meet some reps from SpaceX interested in his product but to be able to tour the facility. That will be an experience that will stay with him for a long time. I heard that the capsules they send up to the ISS are all newly built - in other words they are not refabbing them. Maybe they are making improvements on each new design from data collected on previously flown capsules. Your friends 'item' may show up in some future development.

Nick,

Glad you got your VLAN working with your dad's computer.

Have you guys figured out what your project will be?

Guys, I never thought I would see this again so I had to take a pic just for memories sake! (gas below $2) yikes :0

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	user3595_pic100906_1421919291.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	2066410  
Old 01-24-2015, 06:02 PM
JPEE

Hi Guys,

Well well, that is some cheap fuel. I wished your and your Mark could all hope the car for a road trip for a week or two at those prices. I know I know you both work...........but still. If it's not one thing it's another, here I sit with a new truck, now get this, it has 3,000 miles and is 7 months old and has yet to be washed once as it sits garaged because I can't get way myself for another two months. We all have our anchors don't we.

I have been considering my options on my Hexa so as to keep the props out of the videos. I found one of my old videos I made for everyone where I had the GOPRO mounted real low and yet the props were seen because of the fish eye. Here is an example of what I need to consider to get my camera further than this to get past the props. Then unlike this ship I would have the gimbal mounted at the end and not the camera as he does. I have been looking seriously a gift for myself and considering a DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus. I have watched more videos on that ship than I will admit too looking solely at, can you see the props when flying forward, and in many instance you do.......drat..... if you hit wind or fly forward fast. I cannot believe that I need to fly a the DJI Inpsire for 3K to get the props to be gone..........which BTW ain't ah gonna happen. The other patch that can be taken which I am considering is, making a dummy GOPRO body to mount in the gimbal and try my iPhone for HD video. To be clear, if I tope the GOPRO down say 15 degrees there is no more problem for the most part, it just ticks me off that I can't fly the Hexa forward fast without having to make a sacrifice. I am starting ramble because I getting hot under the collar........Issue closed. Thank you Mark for the get well, I needed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2N6783hcLs Nick, I hope all is well with you in both areas, both school and you job.

Take care you guys
Old 01-27-2015, 10:25 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

JPEE,

Glad your feeling a bit better. I know winter is the time for ills and chills, so glad your still holding fast.

Your quad, sorry - hexa issues seem to never end. First motor/ESC rating issues, now props in the view issues. Have you had the chance to try out your phone mounted in a dummy case idea? Yeah, that $2800 price tag on the DJI Inspire is a bit ridiculous - I guess the bent arms make the camera out of view of the props? I know you will figure something out with some more experimentation.

Been working on my Spitfire finishing installing and setting up the electronics. I am also finally happy with the 3 paints I settled on - they are as close to a match and look pretty darn good. I also settled on a camo scheme after going through several different ones.

Paint work just started with the horizontal stabilizer. I thought this was going to be an easy task but it is proving to be a little more involved. I first have to free draw on a sheet of blank paper the individual camo design for that part. Next cut it out and trace it around a sheet of newspaper (in pencil as marker 'bleeds' when wet). Cut out the newspaper tracing and lightly wet it so it sticks to the foam to be painted. Hit the foam with several light coats but have to be fast as the newspaper is drying so it needs to be finished in one session.

Luckily the green I have coats rather heavily and drys fast so I can finish in a short time. It is time consuming as each camo scheme has to be done individually and my free-drawing usually takes much more than one try to get it right.

I have done a few camo schemes in the past (on my flying wing) and that was much easier as I wasn't following any specific pattern and basically cut some paper in a basic pattern and laid it over the foam wing and spraypainted it. Nothing fancy and it was okay but did have some over lap and areas where you could see the two paints sort of covering each other. But this is a whole nother thing - much more precise but the results are looking very promising.

Mark

Name:	SAM_1916.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	4.98 MB
ID:	2068474  

Last edited by Aframomum; 01-27-2015 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:30 PM
evdreamer

John,

That is cool your friend sold a part to spaceX. Today I heard a presentation by a kid at my school who interns at Tesla. He really likes working there.

I hope you are feeling better. I a lot of people at work are getting sick. I have been disinfecting my work area and so far I haven't catched their cold.

Mark,

My group will be designing a DJ mixer. That is what I really wanted to do, so I am happy.

It is cool gas is below $2, but I feel bad for all the oil workers getting laid off in ND.

Good luck on the paint job.

My workload has gone up a lot. I am starting to get projects in my digital comms and DSP class. I have a chem exam tomorrow that I have been trying to study for.

Nick
Old 01-29-2015, 11:20 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark and Nick,

Thanks to you both for the get well and get to feeling better's I do appreciate it.

I have been trying to convince myself to buy a DJI 450 Vision 2+. They're having a sale at $200 off this week through a few days in the February. This is only approximately $1100 unlike the Inspire anywhere from $2500 to $3500. Even this morning I watched more videos and though they're not bad at all what I do like is that the horizon is always flat, no fisheye with the onboard camera, but all the reviews say the GOPRO 3+ which I have gives a better quality video and still photographs so that kind of puts me off. Due to weather and other constraints I have not had a chance to work on my 550. I still want to play with a mockup like I posted behind these last two posts and get that camera way out in front before I do anything foolish. To answer your second question....... no I have not tried to put my iPhone on the copter yet. I have the mount that will screw right to the batwing that I can easily put back on but I need some good weather and it's been cloudy with high winds with rain the last couple of days and will continue through Friday.

I can only say that your horizontal stabilizer looks great and I had no idea how much work it took to layout a cameo design. You must have couple of three hours in on that horizontal stabilizer I just want to throw out something I saw a guy do which was to get wide low tack tape and put it on a sheet of glass then cut out and pull off what would be the painted area leaving the residual piece on the glass to be lifted carefully and then laid on the plane and then behind mask out behind it and use your spray to just hit the open area. But what you did is very crisp and has a real good look to it, I can't wait to see the rest when it's completed.

Nick,

I'm glad to read that you're taking this airborne flu and cold illness seriously and sanitizing your work areas and common open areas that your faced with at school and the work place I am sure. I'm talking to people that it's on the second run through the same household! Well looks like you stepped into it "in a good way", you're getting to work on a project that really is interesting to you so that's wonderful..... so glad to hear it. If you need to fly out to California and bring the DJ mixer out here and a DJ I think we can work something out for a beta test LOL. Gasoline is just starting to climb a bit here we did not hit the $2.00 range but very close to it. I don't know if you use the app called Gas Buddy, but it tells you in your proximity what the local gas prices are buy cheapest to most expensive. I just looked up Reg and it ranges from $2.29 two blocks away to $2.50. Diesel for my truck ranges in the same proximity just a few blocks around the house from $2.65 per gallon to $2.75 per gallon we have been on the rise for about the last four days. When I took my trip to Oregon around August I was paying just under $5.00 a gallon!

I know that camera stuff has been challenging for you I hope you do well on your test today.

Well guys that's it from California pretty quiet here............................JPEE
Old 02-01-2015, 10:53 PM
evdreamer

Happy birthday John!!

We got a good amount of snow and it was kind of scary driving to work. I took my dad's truck which helped, but there were a few intersections I didn't know if I would be able to stop. School is canceled tomorrow, so I am pretty happy. It would have taken a while to get all the snow off my car.

Nick
Old 02-02-2015, 12:06 AM
Aframomum

Almost missed it so a big Happy Birthday to that California guy!!

Now go get some cake!

Mark
Old 02-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

So sorry but also owe you a belated Happy Birthday too!

Mark
Old 02-02-2015, 06:15 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Nick,

Glad you got the day off from school. I saw some footage of the snow falling in the northeast so I can imagine what you guys must have had in your area snow-wise. At least you had the truck to take to work so that helped some.

A DJ mixer - like what they have at night clubs? The electronic device that melds different songs and sound effects? Well, that is a cool Senior project.

Sorry to hear about your increasing school workload. Spring break is what, a month or so away?

JPEE,

Still trying to convince yourself to get the Vision2? A good birthday gift I would say.

Mark
Old 02-03-2015, 12:40 PM
JPEE

Hey guys how are you?

Thanks to you both for the birthday wishes, the big 67! Yesterday I felt I owed myself a bit of fun so I charged up the hexa and the wife and I drove around the Valley about 15 miles in all up towards the foothills looking for something for me to fly over and make a video of. We came home with nothing Having good sense and not wanting to fly over personal property or people or streets with moving traffic pretty much limits my aerial activities here in the city. Neither do I want to hurt someone or wind up in a lawsuit and lose everything I've acquired in my brief life LOL! Other than the beach which is about 30 miles may be a bit more there's just nothing worth putting on a video. My main video flying is saved for Arizona where there so much to see, the wild bighorn sheep, the guys climbing hills with their Polaris razor cars, just the open desert the old gold mines an old gold miners buildings and shacks and the like.

Your right Mark, I did look at them one more time convincing myself it's my birthday and each year I do buy something expensive for myself the did not get it. I am determined to make my hexa do what I needed to do for the limited use in Arizona that I will fly it. Yesterday I put it on the bench and tied it to my iPhone and adjusted my camera by leaning the hexa for word until I could see the front props in the camera which was perfectly horizontal. As I did that with my transmitter I kept adjusting the camera down word until I had the hexa leaned is far forward it is it would ever go in flight full throttle forward and when I put the helicopter back down it put the camera at a 40 to 45° angle. As I've said 100 times here that's not what I want I would like to be able to take a perfectly horizontal video but as of today that's not happening. I'm still working on ideas like I previously showed to lower the whole camera down right to the bottom of the landing gear feet which I've got another 6 inches to go in some fashion and then my problems will be over. Guys get a have something that's driving him nuts the exercise the old brain looking for a solution. Oh yes I could just go out and buy a set up but I'm not inclined to do that, it has to come from me.
This morning on Channel 4 NBC news they had a segment on the use of drones. However this was unique because they were somewhere where there was snow and high mountains I don't even know what country but they took to inspire ones and flew over an active volcano. There pilot site was a little over a half a mile away for safety and they flew across the lab of flows with two of them and I was really taken by the quality of the picture they were broadcasting. The video did Flickr a few times cutting in and out at one point but nothing that wasn't unacceptable or could be edited out considering the distance they went. And I'll tell you that when that inspire is flying ants landing gear lift up the sides it looks like a great big bug or a spider with the four legs kind a lifted up jointed. But again video was just excellent. Once they got up to the volcano and hovered around they had to be careful of course of the heat and the gases coming up and they were up at 400 feet for this particular filming pretty impressive. If I was that ever consider buying something like that it would have to be version 2 once they get the kinks out. But even it then as I already expressed the need for a helicopter like that versus the price.

Nick, man I was sitting on the edge of my chair reading now you are driving your dad's truck and praying to God that you be able to stop and keep it in control of the light. Even brought up back there you are that still got a be a scary trip! Like Mark I keep an eye on what's going on in south Florida, Lincoln Nebraska, Indianapolis, Whitesboro New York, and lastly St. Louis Michigan. Those are the cities were all of you Heli friends live. We watch the weather across the nation every morning and say oh boy "he is" having trouble over there bad whether.

Take care
Old 02-03-2015, 10:33 PM
evdreamer

Thanks Mark.

Yeah, we are trying to build a simple version of what is like in the night clubs and then add more to it.

I haven't checked the calendar to see when spring break is yet.

John,

I saw there are some quad systems that can follow you and that would look cool to follow you while you are four wheeling in the desert.

Nick

Last edited by evdreamer; 02-03-2015 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

JPEE,

All dressed up and no where to go - so to speak with the camera ship? Sorry you couldn't find any good filming spots. But sometimes getting out on a little cruise is nice too.

I saw that volcanoe video, pretty impressive footage. There was also a local newscast that interviewed Bobby Watts at the TORCHS club here in Orlando about the use and flying multirotors - a real nice and positive turn in the news eye to be sure.

Nick,

What kind of functions are you planning to add to your mixer project - just curious?

Have you looked up your spring break yet?

Well guys, wanted to share with you my finished Fusion 50.

I did take it for a test hover the other day but have to admit I rushed things a bit and paid for it. First my rudder servo was reversed but I had setup the correction in my Beastx correctly, so I had to hold opposing rudder to keep it straight during spoolup. And second one of the mains was too loose. I didn't have my tools with me so thought no problem, just spool up slowly and it'll be fine. Well, that worked until I went to IU and the blade folded a bit with the increase in motor rpm, then the whole thing shook and tilted to the side still on the ground. TH but way too late as I heard blades scraping the concrete. Arrgh - seriously? How dumb, dumb, dumb...I know better.

So the Edge main blades got some nice scrapes on the leading edge tips and the Outrage CF tails got really toasted. After a nice half day cool down period and some nurturing of my wounded pride I looked over my heli and found only the blades took the hit. The bearings in the grips were fine and no damage appeared in the head or tail. I had an extra pair of used Align tail blades and so looked over the mains and used some thin CA to put over the scrapes to reinforce them. Also put them on the balancer to even them out. Finally, I went over the tail setup and got the direction of that tail servo corrected.

So this morning was round 2 of just a simple test hover. And this time I made sure I had my tools and my mains were tight. Slow spoolup and no problems this time. I was cautious as I knew I was using damaged main blades but wanted to get a headspeed reading with my phone and make sure no crazy vibration issues. I was able to get a quick 3 minute hover and found out all I needed to know. Overall I was happy to get this test hover in. Placed an order for new main and tail blades so I can really start to fly again.

Mark

Name:	SAM_1929.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	4.28 MB
ID:	2070831   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1926.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	4.96 MB
ID:	2070832   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1925.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	4.91 MB
ID:	2070833   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1924.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	4.97 MB
ID:	2070834  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.