Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 04:03 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

Justy got back from a field test of the 600 and this time she came off the ground with little ado after three tail adjustments for throw on the VBAR. Then still problematic is a bump or tail wag. I took the Gyro from 60 down to 45 and it helped but is still there. I am going to reaffix my VBAR sensor because it appears to be stuck but yet spongy so that might be my issue. But I did get here up and did deep hovering then went out a bit and flew a circle but the bump/was started in so I landed and over all am pleased. It has been "years" since I have worked with all of this stuff and quite honestly, I thoroughly enjoyed the dickens out of it!

Ok that's my big New Years Day here in the Old West!

John
Old 01-01-2017, 09:40 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is good you finished the exhaust on your mustang and had time to work on the goblin.

John,

That is a cool fuselage.

I took almost two weeks off for the holidays and I have been enjoying it. I got a little bored at the end. I had a great time with my family over the holidays. I hope you both did too.

Nick
Old 01-02-2017, 10:07 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Hi guys,

Hope everyone had a nice New Years!

Nick,

Glad you had some nice free time with the family. Any new RC projects for this year?

JPEE,

I know this is wrong but I laughed out loud when I saw your video, knowing what to expect. I would have been pissed also so your reaction was warranted. Good thing you had the opening video'd and they took care of the problem. I was a bit surprised at how little packing was in the box.

I can relate with you on trying to find correct part numbers for replacement parts on old Align birds. They really do make many changes and its hard trying to figure out the simple things sometimes, main and tail gears for example. Good thing the old belt system was included so that was a life saver.

If you remember I too had a tail issue in my setup with my Fusion which cost me both tail and main blades, lesson learned - don't rush the setup while your tired. Always come back with a fresh set of eyes the next day. I can imagine trying to go over the setup if you haven't touched it since 2011 - like relearning it all over again.

Nice to hear you got your 600 up and running. That was fast!

I completely disassembled the frame so I could clean the frame sides and all the bolts. Most of them were a bit overcoated in Loctite plus the inside of the frames had some oil and grease coating mixed with dirt so needed a good cleaning. Got the spindle shaft, thrust bearings and dampers for the tail so was able to reassemble that last night. Next up is to solder the bullets for the motor/ESC (going to try the castle bullets this time) and work on breaking the head spindle bolts so I can check the head bearings. Might have to use a socket wrench on it!

I've also started to look at batteries - seems Gensaces' aren't very easy to find any more. Took a look at some of the Pulse, Optipower and also browsed the classified over at HF. Almost thinking of trying out some used lipo's as I saw some rather good deals. No rush right now so I can still look around.

Mark
Old 01-04-2017, 06:19 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark and Nic,

We had a quite new years. My daughters always call me at midnight and that is our little ting we do.

No.....you weren't wrong to laugh, for you it is like looking at a wreak on the side of the road...kinda LOL. For the record my replacement fuselage arrived today in perfect shape! I am excited to get started on the assembly. Phil got his glued up yesterday and tomorrow he will start making "his" quick release mounts for stuffing the 700 in and out with just two screws and I will follow the same.
Today I let Phil and longtime plane flier and builder set up my P47 and we took her up. I have always been a heli guy and while I can fly pretty good I don't have the feel that the long timers do. Phil put in tons of expo and shortened all my throws. He said.... you don't want the plane to jump or shake after every stick move, so he really softened it. With just a wee bit of sub trims she fly hands off and to land you come in and shut off the motor and she glides in like a piece of cake! I love it. We are going to a War Bird Fun Fly just south of the famous Palm Springs. That's next weekend on the 14-15th. We are taking our Toy Haulers there and it is about 120 miles away from AZ in Calif. It is an easy drive. I will take my P47 and Phil is taking his 600 Defender Fuselage and many Jets (electric turbines) and prop planes that are all War Birds.

Pics soon!

John
Old 01-04-2017, 07:57 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I don't have any RC projects for this year. I have some electronic projects I want to attempt. I will have to see if I have the time and funds to complete them though.

John,

That is good your new fuselage arrived undamaged. That is good to hear you are enjoying your P47.

Nick
Old 01-17-2017, 09:19 AM
JPEE

Hello Nick and Mark,

Hey Mark, weren't you the one that asked about my slang term "Hell's Bells" ? Click on the pic as it blows up much larger!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FMM080P_b0.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	2197108  

Last edited by JPEE; 01-17-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:49 PM
Aframomum

Alright JPEE, you had me stumped for a bit trying to figure out what aircraft that was with exhaust manifolds under or behind the canopy and trike gear, but I think I found it...a Bell P-39 right?

Very interesting aircraft to be sure with its engine in the center just behind the pilot and one of the few single engine crafts with a tri-type landing gear.

Do one of your friends own that plane?

Please - pics of your new jug!! And how was the warbird fun fly? Gotta say I really do like the warbirds (and jets) as my planks. Tried the acrobatic planes for a time but ever since getting the Zero I've gotten hooked. And of course Motion keeps adding more and more new releases so that doesn't help!

Took a break from the Goblin for a bit so to get my old Stinger jet flying again. Last spring it met with an unfortunate landing approach tree branch incident that resulted in a good bit of foam destruction. So I broke out the 5 minute epoxy and put her back together. Will have to eventually get a wing replacement but for now it flies again.

Nick, good luck with your electronic projects - I'm sure you'll find both the time and money to finish them up.

Mark
Old 01-20-2017, 09:09 AM
JPEE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK!!

I remember when you were in High School, then College and now out in the working world...........................time fly's my friend...live honestly, to the fullest, and be kind every day as I know you are.

Mark,

Yes that plane is a Bell P-39 the best of my knowledge. It was more the Hells Bells that was behind the posting. So here is something more for you.

Yes I too am stuck on War Birds, but I have to careful that I don't go BUY crazy because this is the only real place for me to fly where it is a pleasure. So then everything sits for another 6 months until I can fly again. I will be getting next season another plane.....large size. Phil has the big P-47 and flew it at the Fun Fly and she is a feather in the air and looks so good after the retracts are up. Sorry I took no pic's yest of my smaller version in the air. I only have have two flights on it here and two shot flights in Palm Springs after the Fun Fly. But next time out I will get some stills and vid's. I can tell you, that plane is as explained by the guy that sold it to me, it lands itself but shutting off the throttle and she glides in easy peasy LOVE IT!

Here is a 4 min video with mostly stills as we started MD 500 scale fuselage, 700 size builds side by side yesterday. We are working out some bugs for the tail linkage and some front fuse canopy trimming to get the motors in! We worked so hard to get the helis lifted up so the boom came straight back and out the fuse unstressed. But we found that when we went to put our canopy back on it did't fit! Yes we can cut the of the fiberglass, but then comes another issue that making it to thin in that area it will loose strength and perhaps crack without other reinforcement which we have some ideas to try. It may sound daunting but not really when you hands on the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn_VsZx4nmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn_VsZx4nmI JPEE

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	2197413  

Last edited by JPEE; 01-20-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:37 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

We had a good storm move through last nite just in front of a cold front, who ever heard of lightening in January? Lots of heavy winds and rain too. Now its clear, cold, and windy so looks like some good build days ahead! And JPEE, made it through safe and sound - thanks for the concerned email.

BTW, that was a great video of your fuse. Gave a good amount of detail of how the heli fits and the securing tabs that hold everything in. I see what you mean by lack of space for detailed accessories, it does take up most of the space. Were you eventually able to get the motor to fit and have the boom even?

Any info on your P-47 (size and manufacturer)? I'm sorry to hear that you don't have any local areas to fly when your back in CA - is your field local to you not fine for your warbirds? I saw on Motions website the Hell's Bells you were referring to - FMS's P-39. Been a while since I browsed the warbird section, lots of new releases there. The big P-47 your considering getting - is it the 1700mm by FMS?

Nick, Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a nice and enjoyable day.

Mark

Last edited by Aframomum; 01-23-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:44 PM
evdreamer

John,

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Yes, time has been flying by. Some sad news, I found out one of my uncles passed away from a stroke today.

The fuselage is looking good. Good thing you don't have a belt driven tail. That would be a lot more work to remove the frame.

Mark,

That is good the rain has cleared up.

Nick
Old 01-23-2017, 08:01 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick,

We are so sorry to hear of the loss of your uncle. We cannot imagine the shock and pain your father or mother losing their brother like this. We wish there were some words that would make this make sense to you but there is not.......with the exception that is sounds like he passed fast and did not suffer, we pray. God Bless your entire family during this time.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:21 PM
Aframomum

Nick,

My sincere sympathies to you and your family for your loss.

Mark
Old 02-02-2017, 04:48 AM
evdreamer

Happy birthday John!

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:42 AM
JPEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83AS2scbWdg Thank you Nick for your good wishes. I hope things are starting to get better for you and your family.

We just finished my friends MD500 helicopter late yesteryear and did the maiden! It went perfect! Mine will be done in two days and they are identical. Here is the video I took yesterday.

Last edited by JPEE; 02-11-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:16 PM
JPEE

Here is the brief video of my maiden flight today Feb 9th of my 700e helicopter in an MD500 Aerodyne fuselage.

Also attached are two photos. My friend Phil and I built the same helicopters as a team project.

Be sure to select HD 720 version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37oSoF1Y37Q

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	2200385   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	87
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	2200386  

Last edited by JPEE; 02-11-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:34 PM
evdreamer

John,

It looks like you both are enjoying the fuselages. I love the sound of the large electrics.

Nick
Old 02-11-2017, 03:55 PM
JPEE

Thanks Nick, to be honest, we are enjoying ourselves for sure. We are going home early so I won't have time do the conversion here but I think I am going to stretch my 600 to a 700! I already have extra 700 booms and I think I have an extra 700 torque tube too. Then from what I stripped off of my 700 to get it in the fuselage such as larger tailfin and boom struts.....that stuff is on hand now. I already have three sets of extra 700 Main and Tail blades on hand, so no purchase will be needed. I will need to visit it completely on the bench as to whether I would even add the 700 blades at all. My feeling is a longer larger helicopter is easier to see in the air and the 600 has enough power on its own now for me.
Take care JPee
Old 02-20-2017, 08:53 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Happy belated birthday to you JPEE, sorry I missed it. But you looked like you had a great B-day with the maiden of your new MD500, Congrats!

Enjoy the 600 conversion, I bet it will have some nice disc loading and great auto hang time when you done.

Nick,

I hope things are getting better for you and you find some time/budget to do some of those electronic projects your wanting.

Not too much going on in my little corner. Still flying my Fusion a bit and got my Stinger jet flying again.

Mark
Old 03-04-2017, 04:07 PM
JPEE

Hey Guys,

Back to Los Angeles now and it's time to shelf my fleet and perform maintenance on everything for my return to AZ. All is well in JPz world!

Cheers
Old 04-09-2017, 05:16 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

I have put my electronics project on hold for now. I started adding up the costs and it was going to cost a lot more than I thought. Then I have been dealing with an ordeal with a 401k rollover and taxes. I finally got that straightened out.

That is good you are stilling flying your fusion and planes.

I am glad it has started to warm up. My friend's dad bought a DJI quad copter where the blades fold up. He let me fly it. It was extremely easy to fly. I was doing some pirouetting funnels and backwards figure 8's. I couldn't bank it like my helicopters, but it was nice to fly a helicopter again. From an engineering perspective it was pretty impressive how it transmits 4k video. One of my friends bought a lotus elise. That was pretty cool. Then I saw a Bently driving to a party. Overall, I had a pretty good weekend. It is pretty rare to see a high end luxury vehicle in Lincoln. I found out one of my previous job's is going out of business. I still have good friends who work there, so I feel bad that they were put in that situation.

John,

It is good to hear things are going well for you.

Nick
Old 04-09-2017, 05:26 PM
JPEE

Hey Nick, waz up as the young men say in your age bracket lol. All is well with me as I said above, I have the fleet moth balled until Oct 15th when we go back to the wide open skies.

Sorry to hear about your friends and their work situation, really saddens me.......... So you got to fly a DJI, well good for you my friend, they are a blast and friendly as you said right out of the box.

Take care my friend
Old 04-16-2017, 11:09 AM
JPEE

Happy Easter to you Nick and Mark. Hope your day is a great one and you get in some family time!

JPEE
Old 04-27-2017, 11:23 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Been a while since I've logged on. Hope everyone has been doing fine.

Not too much going on RC-wise. I've been downsizing my fleet a bit. Last month I let the goblin go to a good home, kind of ran out of steam trying to get it flying. Plus I was able to use the funds for taking care of bills.

We are looking to purchase a home in the coming months so I have been working on getting my fico score in better shape, so all purchases for the hobby and my stang have been put on hold. We've also been spending time cleaning and organizing some stuff around the house. I am amazed at all the stuff we have accumulated since moving down here.

Other than that not a whole lot going on.

Mark
Old 04-28-2017, 09:07 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark so good to hear from you!

Me to not too much to report on RC but I do have a tidbit. A few years ago I used my hexa drone to take some still shots of her friends ranch-style home on a few acres so he could post it on Facebook. I've taken the hexa with me the last two years and have never flown it and AZ. The reason being you need to have something worthwhile to make a video of LOL. There are beautiful canyons and things as we take our up to 90 miles a day treks but I can't carry that big monster hexa batteries and a transmitter and keep them in a absolute dust free environment as we travel, thus I can't get videos up beautiful canyons and of some of the sites we see. Anyway, he wants me to come out to his area where he bought 6 acres and his built an airplane hangar on the edge of a country/desert airport where people live on the edge of the airport. Will just say it's a poor man's country club where they land there Cessna's and go out and play golf after they pull their airplane up to their hangar next to their house. Anyway I haven't flown again that hexa in two years, so I charged up to batteries and I hovered around the backyard and had to remember how to even get the motors to fire and the rest of the quirks and hovered it just over the property where I live. The next step was to take it out into the foothills and an open area and take it up and check its trim and check its GPS hold which surprisingly all worked perfectly and just learning how she handles and getting my eyes comfortable with sending her outed distance and not lose orientation because they're very disk like an hard to see. Step two was to check the return to home in case I did lose orientation! So now I'm on battery pack to take her up flier around for a few minutes and then bring her back and have her up about 40 feet I crossed my fingers and flip the switch to put her in return to home mode.............................................. .. and nothing happened? Not being too foolish is to start flipping other switches while it's in the air I bring Iran and land. Again it's been two years so I take a second look at my transmitter and see another three position switch and with the copter on the ground I went through that switch and then could see the light that flashes on the NAZA unit change colors telling me I was going through the modes to return home. So I take her up again get comfortable for another minute just in case I have to override a or something crazy occurs and had her at the 40 feet again and flip the switch! Nothing happened for a moment and then she shot straight up in the air, don't freak that's what I have it set up to do so as to when returning to home from what ever altitude you're at when you flip the switch she'll climb 40 feet so had you been flying low and she's coming in now on her own she would be hitting trees and wires, that's a pretty good safeguard the DJI put in. She came in hovered made a few circles around the GPS location down or I was standing came in landed shut down the motors all hands-free!!! In a way I'm blessed to have to the older models because they have no height limitations to meet the new mandate of 400 foot ceiling on any RC craft, unless you have a special permit and have gotten your certificates as someone that does movies or real estate and so on. I did get her out far enough that I had trouble with the orientation so that's why I just painted my two front props orange. Unfortunately the wind is been blowing here for seven or eight days hard bringing down trees tipping over trucks on the freeways in such. We have another week of this yet to come so I have not had a chance to take the hexa up and see what those orange props look like from on high I hope it helps. My second plan is to take a piece of cardboard very thin cardboard and pain it Day-Glo orange and just put some wire ties on and put it out underneath the bottom two front arms thus allowing me to look up and see longer pieces of orange. It's not something I can really paint with all of the ESC's, their wires and so on. Besides, those arms are waffle like and have very many open areas, we shall see.

I've also been working on my RZR off-road vehicle adding a second winched to the rear which the setup I made allows me to slip it into my heavy duty trailer hitch and then I use EC5 30 amp rated connections to the winch and up to my power source when needed. I also added a spare tire because when you're out on that 90 mile trip we all have many compressors and plug kits to patch entire. However, there are times where you'll split a side wall and year in deep Doo Doo and you are left behind and someone has to come home get another tire or take one off their car and have another buddy bring that out to you so you can get home, you can imagine an ordeal like that. A like breakdown happened to me two years ago and we were 5 miles out and a guy told me with a strap to the closest road. Then the guys all went back to the RV park together then grabbed a pickup truck with the trailer and came back and picked us up, of course I was grateful but me know like he sitting there all day so that's part of carrying more tools Jack's emergency tape for split radiator hoses just trying to cover whatever I can but there's always still the unexpected.

Congratulations on looking for your own home. Your considering staying in the area where you're living now? Best of luck to you and your family and remember.................. we all rely on you for the rocket launch information from Cape Canaveral, he he he he he.

Name:	IMG_8695.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	2212177   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8696.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	2212178  
Old 04-28-2017, 07:55 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Quite a story about reacquainting yourself with your trusty ole Hexa. Good that you kept a cool head and were able to bring back your hexa even though the electronics weren't doing what you were expecting. I know for our heli's when the electronics start doing their own thing we try and bring them in as quickly as possible b/c bad things can happen quickly. In the case of multirotors it seems they tend to fly off rather than immediately come down crashing.

I remember you talking about the return to home feature not able to detect objects in the home path and if its too low it will crash into trees, fences, or whatever is in the path. I guess the video of the one continually crashing into the building was trying to use the home feature...but the building was in the return pathway! lol Good idea on the orange props and front indicators for orientation. I have to say out of all the colors orange seems to be the one easiest to see way up high.

I kinda wondered what you guys did if your vehicle had an off-road emergency - guess there's no road-side service you can call! Good deal on getting the spare tire...and the duck tape. I bet the winch will help and you can use a lipo to power it. A multitask able power source!

I had a bit of an adventure this morning - got to get a plane down that got stuck in a tree on April 2. Packed a ladder and collapsible painters pole into the car and drove over to the field after dropping off my son to school this morning. Mind you, I haven't really climbed a tree since my childhood so trying it in my 40's was a bit...daunting to say the least. The ladder got me middle way up the tree then I free climbed with pole in hand. After getting close enough I got a dead center aim and jabbed the plane and down she came. Got her home safe and sound, will check out to see if the electronics survived being outside for a month. I know the lipo is toast - will not even register on my charger. It was plugged in the entire time. A very successful day!

We are planning on staying in the general area as we like the schools plus we don't want to commute to our jobs. Plus were close to Disney and Universal, plus our location is a nice day trip to the Tampa beaches. Not to mention its hilly here, kinda reminds me of the Pennsylvania hills.

Rocket information? Lots going on really:

SpaceX had a successful first launch of a previously flown booster last month, and they were able to reland it on their ocean barge. Got to watch that one go up from the side of my house late in the afternoon. That was a great accomplishment for SpaceX!

This Sunday morning they are launching their first payload for the government - its a classified satellite so don't know what's going up. Usually the government sats have always gone on ULA rockets (Atlas or Delta rockets). But a year ago SpaceX had a congressional hearing concerning the ULA's monopoly on government launches and kinda won. So now they are approved to launch certain gov't satellites, starting with this one for the NRO.
https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/04/2...launch-sunday/

Also, Amazon's owner (Jeff Bezos) has his own rocket company - Blue Origin. They have demonstrated their own rocket (New Shepard) has flown to suborbital altitude, deployed a capsule, and returned to recovered landing several times over the past few years.
https://spaceflightnow.com/2015/11/2...ocket-landing/

The New Shepard rocket is small but is a starting point since now they are planning to build a larger rocket to use for launching satellites to orbit. They are currently in the testing phase of their rocket engines that will power their new rocket, and may partner with ULA to provide a replacement engine for the Russian made RD-180 engines currently used on the Atlas rockets.
https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/04/1...n-engine-deal/

There is some competition among the leading rocket companies ULA, SpaceX, and Blue Origins as you can imagine. But for the rest of us it just means more launches from a variety of companies of different rockets to watch, so exciting times to come!

Mark

Name:	20170428_090851.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	2212247   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170428_090920.jpg
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	2212248   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170428_092152.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	2212249   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170428_092206.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	2.63 MB
ID:	2212255   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170428_092215.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	2212256   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170428_092243.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	2212257   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170428_092226.jpg
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	2212258  

Last edited by Aframomum; 04-28-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.