Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 10:02 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi JPEE,

That Corsair looks really nice, and at least its a 2nd version so hopefully Dynam has taken care of some of the earlier issues. Be careful with the Dynam brand - my old Spitfire was a Dynam plane and the quality is nothing like we are used to with Freewing and FMS. But it does look like they did some nice changes in their V2 of the Corsair so they may have improved in the past few years.

I did pull the Stinger from the cobwebs of the closet - and I had to replace the tail/rudder section so used the tail from my red one (yes, I had 2 airframes lol). The red airframe had been stored in the attic for the good part of last year and I was surprised the heat up there didn't tear up the foam or the paint. But no, the rudder section fit perfectly and the plane flies with no worries that the rudder section will break off. Of course it looks a bit odd with the all blue plane and the red rudder section. I'm planning to teach my son how to launch it so he can get more involved.

Wanted to share some pictures of my Stinger (before the red tail) and where I'm planning the work bench in the garage.

Keeping it warm down in Florida in January!

Mark
Old 01-19-2019, 07:29 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark, I just lost a full page of text and photos replying to your post. Too tired to redo it tonight I’ll try and repost tomorrow.

JP. Ticked off
Old 01-19-2019, 07:31 PM
JPEE

Hello Nick in a couple of hours it will be your Birthday! Let me be the first as I try to be every year to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Drop by and say hello we miss you.
JP
Old 01-20-2019, 01:57 PM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

I see you have a nice place picked for your new work bench and area. I like that is behind where most will walk by it, for just safety reasons, sharp edges and so on. Hey brother, your plane looks great and (the important part) fly's well for you! With all of that glue and depressed nose it is amazing (Phil and I were today just talking about this point) that Styrofoam is so forgiving and the planes still fly great even after the worst crashes. That's wonderful that you can get your son involved and he can be an Aviator like his Daddy!

Re the Corsair, that photo was just an example. The one I looked at is sold by Motion RC:
https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...corsair-v2-pnp
or
https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...-v3-1400mm-pnp But this is now discontinued. :-(

I am really strongly considering a Roban 800 size Scale Bell 222 Airwolf, please see the attached. The copter is sold ARF so I still would need the electronic. I see about $2,500 to get it up in the air. Please see link:
https://www.motionrc.com/products/ro...helicopter-arf

Now lets talk about my P-51D. I finished it today and she is ready to test fly perhaps tomorrow. It have been a labor I am here to tell you. The fuse was broken in half 90%, replaced, nose cone (not shown), props, rudder servo, one main landing gear retract, tail wheel retract, both of the main retracts the landing gear itself was good but the pin that connect the landing gear to the retracts were both bent and replaced. I just did a taxi up and down in front of my trailer and all seem well and I'll send that in an email, I don't want to post it here, to much work with YT and so on. I compressed it so it will fit an email.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:05 PM
Aframomum

Happy Belated Birthday Nick,

Hope all is going well with the job and the house. Stop by when you get a chance,

Mark
Old 01-22-2019, 09:31 PM
Aframomum

Hey JPEE,

When I first saw your video of your P-51 taxiing I thought it looked really good for such an older plane and you must be doing a good job cleaning it up - heck, my old Zero has some serious wear and tear. Then I read your post about all the parts you recently replaced on it. I can't remember when you had a crash that caused the nose to be broken? Glad you got it all put back together and flying again!

That Airwolf is absolutely...Amazing! And you'll be moving up to the 800 class of heli's. The level of detail on it is spectacular, esp the cockpit area. Will you keep your 700 if you get the Airwolf?
Old 01-23-2019, 10:48 PM
Aframomum

Sorry for the short reply yesterday, it started to get busy at work so I had to cut it short.

Please let us know if and when you get your Airwolf - it is a very nice looking heli for sure!

I saw a build thread on RCG a few years ago of an FMS Corsair and the thing had foldable wings, just like the real thing. It was quite an amazing looking bird and if I'm not mistaken, the only one I've seen with that feature. Even the current FMS one's don't have the folding wings. I think it was in the range of 1700mm or something like that, very large to have that kind of detail.

Regardless, I think a large Corsair will be a very nice addition to your fleet. Plus you have 2 very nice flying areas with plenty of space - I think one has much more than the other even though its out of state! Would the Corsair use the same lipo's as your 700 does ~ 6S 4500? BTW, when do you plan to get into jets? I see you possibly heading in that direction. lol

BTW, you have a real nice working area with the grill in the ideal spot for working/cooking! Have fun with the flying and RZR'ing... lol

Mark
Old 02-02-2019, 06:47 AM
evdreamer

John,

Happy birthday. Sorry I have been MIA for the past couple of months. There has been a lot going on. I will try to go through all the posts I missed when I have time.

Nick
Old 02-02-2019, 07:12 AM
JPEE

Thank you Nick,

The big 71, thought I’d never see this day what a surprise I live to make it LOL. I should be dead or at least in jail for all the things I’ve done over my lifetime LOL. But seriously thank you for your kind wishes and we do miss you and please there’s always email catch up and let us know what’s going on in your life, after all you are one of the three musketeers left here on this form. The big 71, but I never see this day what a surprise I live to make it LOL. I should be dead or at least in jail for all the things I’ve done over my lifetime LOL. But seriously thank you for your kind wishes and we do miss you and please there’s always email catch up and let us know what’s going on in your life, after all you are one of the three musketeers left here on this Forum.

John

Last edited by JPEE; 02-02-2019 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:14 PM
Aframomum

Hey JPEE,

Hope you had a great 71'st Birthday!! Not too shabby and living the great retirement life!

Mark

PS - I think I'm seeing double. lol
Old 02-21-2019, 12:22 AM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Thought I would share my workbench progress over the past 2 weekends: I still need to install a second shelf so to store all my power tools and skin the right side, but overall I'm pleased with how this little project turned out.

Old 03-02-2019, 05:39 AM
Aframomum

Good morning Gents,

Earlier this morning, at 0249 SpaceX launched their first crew demonstration flight of their Dragon capsule to the ISS. This flight will test out all the new equipment that the crew Dragon has to prove that it can safely carry NASA astronauts to and from the ISS. This is a major step towards launching astronauts from Florida's Space Coast once again (the last shuttle launch was 7/8/2011). The next flight will be to demonstrate the capability of an inflight abort of the Dragon capsule which will most likely result in the destruction of the booster. After review by NASA of these two demonstration flights SpaceX may get the green light to fly the first 2 astronauts in their Dragon capsule - possibly by the end of this year. Very exciting times!!

https://spaceflightnow.com/2019/03/0...on-ferry-ship/

Mark
Old 03-18-2019, 03:37 AM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

SpaceX's capsule landed in the Atlantic just as scheduled and with no issues - picture perfect mission! Next up is the planned in-flight abort demonstration...

JPEE,

I got your emails and sent you a reply. Glad everything is ok, save the weather of course!

Mark
Old 03-18-2019, 05:13 PM
evdreamer

Mark,

That is cool to hear about SpaceX's progress.

Your work bench is looking good.

The mustang is looking fantastic.

John,

The P51 looks good.

The floods haven't effected Lincoln, but near by towns were hit pretty hard. I drove to Omaha today and there is a river between Lincoln and Omaha. It is common to see the river bed, but today it was all the way up to the top. We are supposed to be rationing our water right now. The amount of snow we got this winter was insane along with the freezing temps. Luckily the melting didn't worsen my foundation. My sump pump stopped working because the pipes froze and the snow plows blocked the opening to the street. I had to pour boing water multiple times to open it back up. I had a large pond in my backyard after the snow melted.

My master bed room is still gutted and I am still in limbo with my house. Everything has been moving at a snails pace. It is getting frustrating because it makes it hard to plan anything. I have plans to make this year more fun. I am going to go to Vegas to race Ferrari's and Lamborghini's at a race track. Then I am going to try and go sky diving this summer. It was finally warm enough to get my motorcycle out over the weekend. That was a joy. I am taking some continuing education classes at a local community college. I am taking three classes to learn to make homemade Mexican food, two to make pies, and a bread making class. I have been trying a new wine every week since December. I recently started trying local wines. Some have been pretty good.

Now the reason I haven't felt like being on line for awhile. I decided to try online dating starting in December. I seemed to only attract con artists. I pretty much fell for every current scam. They are really convincing. One set me back quite a bit. At the end I got pretty good at spotting them. That kind of put me in a bad mood for a long time. It was much better when I was in college. I can't image how bad it will get for the younger generation. I am now using a traditional match maker and that has been a better experience.

Nick
Old 04-03-2019, 07:31 PM
Aframomum

Hi guys,

Nick - Welcome Back!!

I'm really sorry to hear that your first house purchase is causing you so much grief. I do hope things start to move at a swifter pace and you can find some peace with your living conditions.

Your relaxation plan sounds like a good one to recharge yourself - can't beat skydiving and high performance car racing. But - I don't know if a car can match the sheer enjoyment of riding a bike. The cooking classes are a great idea to broaden your culinary skills. Some of us really have limited, really microwave-limiting skills! So what your learning now carry you far. Plus, nothing impresses a lady like a man that can whip up a great evening meal!

I have been out of the dating arena for around 15 years so can only wish you the best in your match making endeavors. It is sad that there are so many crooks out there - both male and female varieties.

JPEE,

Hope your trip home was uneventful and things are returning to normal for you. I know flying season is around the corner and I wish you more flying time then you've had the past few months.

My son did have a great time riding Amtrak for the first time. We spent most of the trip going from one car to the next exploring. The train had to be 8 or 9 cars long, so there was plenty to explore.

This weekend is our big Fun N Sun airshow. Looks like its going to be my son and I as my wife wants to take this year off. I don't think she is as excited about it as we are. lol

Have a great week,

Mark
Old 05-22-2019, 08:41 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark.......Nick too.

As the kids say it’s been a minute since I last posted. Overall everything is going great, I have two projects in the works. Number #1 is an solar up grade for my disaster system. Have had 4 panels in 12v to give me 560watts. I just purchased 4 huge panels that will produce 1300 watts at 48 vt. In short the higher the voltage the lower the amp draw on my 8 battery bank. I will be able to survive longer running things during a power outage or earthquake.......Zombie Apocalypse. This is a big job for me to do alone, setting the rails on the roof, lifting the 40 pound panels so on, but I am up for it. Age will not hold this guy back.

I have purchased a Pelican knock off box to a portable charging station. My buddy Jason built a big one with bells and whistles but I don’t require the same. Here are some mach-up photos, I have foam in place that is the same height as my two server power supplies for my new chargers 24v power input the charger. OOPs my bad, I forgot to say I bought a new iCharger 4010.....1000 watt per side for a total of yes....a 2000 watt charger. Today I am going to a plastic’s company to CNC me a flat panel to cover the power supplies and then I set on top the charger and charging parallel boards providing me to able to charge, 6 batteries of one voltage on the left and 6 batteries on the right of a different voltage all at the same time, yahoo. I will be cutting approx 3” computer fan holes on the lower sides of the case to have two fans push air in under the charger and then reverse the gas on the other side to draw the hot air out thus keeping the electronics nice and cool. I did the same thing with my other power supply box in effect.

I hope all is well for you at your end.

JP
Old 05-29-2019, 01:02 AM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE!

Guess mine will be 2 minutes since I've last posted!

Wow, your new charger looks amazing and the new box looks good. I can only hope that when I retire I will have the time to go through so many lipo's that I'll need a dual charger! lol

I got my Zero out yesterday for what I thought would be a nice flight at my current flying area (soon to be gone) - they have already started construction of housing lots so my time there is limited and on the chopping block. I spent the previous evening getting the retracts working again as my last flight had a really bad landing and ripped one out. So had everything put back together and working...and off to my flying area.

Set her up, throttled slowly to get speed, and bam - noses over as the tail lifts up and skids on the prop breaking it. Damn!! I was so mad, if my son wasn't with me I might have stomped on her right there!! But I calmed down, took her apart and brought her home. I think for now I'll just leave her as a shelf queen. I do love this plane and when she's flying, absolutely beautiful but ground handling is so frustrating at times.

I wanted to let you know, concerning your project #1 - that's quite an upgrade with the panel voltage plus adding the 4 additional panels. That should get you in the more comfortable range. But, please be careful while working on and around the roof. Those panels look bulky and doing all the railing work can be exhausting - do you have any extra hands to help you? Son-in-laws perhaps?!? lol

We are also going solar for our house. Several homes in our subdivision got the panels and we decided to have a rep come over and give us the details. After about 3 hours of talking with him (and asking lots of questions) we decided to go with it. Florida has several nice incentives to help with the costs so its a good time to do the conversion. So tomorrow they are coming out to do the install.

Mark
Old 05-29-2019, 06:42 AM
JPEE

Hello Mark,

Sorry the old Zero gave you such a fit, lol. It’s time to as you said to give her earned retirement and to now become a shelf Queen. Look back at the great times you had flying her.

Thanks for your your comments on the charger box. My 4 ea. 40mm fans arrive this Saturday that will once installed cool the power suppplies in the basement under the charger. Yesterday my male inverted 120v plug in for the case arrived. A lot of guys use the type male 15 amp plug that is a bit triangular in snap with the flat blades that are used to plug-in the back of your computer and also your monitors. How do I use one of those I would have to carry that cord with me everywhere I went to plug that in to the keys and then the other ran into an extension cord. I opted to go with a standard inverted male so anywhere I go I can just plug in “any” extension cord right into the back of the case.

Solar: Congratulations, a very prudent move in my opinion. I would like to impart some grey hair wisdom if I may. Here when the power has gone out at night all of my neighbors that have solar go DARK and have no power. Myself on the other hand, I go out turn on my inverter and power up from my battery bank! While I have two generators they are worthless in an long power outage or earthquake because there was no way for a gas station to pump gas. Then there is the storage of this crappy ethanol gasoline and keeping it around the house. That’s why I’m suggesting you look into having a small battery array that comes off your solar so you have a nighttime back up system. This is the time to explore that option with your contractor or......you can easily do it yourself. My 8 each Trojan batteries and inverter and controller cost about $2,200, panels not included as you already have those. This gives me 900 amps of 48v DC back up power to push into my 120vt inverter to run limited parts of the house.
I’ll be careful up there. I just don’t have any friend but one that can help, the others are to elderly to get up on the roof. We just don’t have any young bucks in the area I can even hire as a partner. I would never get my grandsons up there for fear for them having no experience with construction type labor and taking a spill. So using my brain and ropes, and a slide I made I can get those4 ea. 41 pound panels from the ground up to the roof. I’m like the little train you read about in grade school saying, I think I can I think I can I think I can I think I can LOL

This will not run more than my frig and some lights through out the house and or my furnace sporadically to keep the house warm. But that’s all you need at night. Then in the morning you huge array will bring those batteries right back for the next night if needed.

JP

Food for thought
Old 05-29-2019, 06:13 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

Don't worry about the old Zero...I'm just going to shelf her for a little while. I'm sure I'll get her flying again some time later.

4 computer fans should keep those PS nice and cool. Good idea about using the standard plug so you can 'plug in' anywhere rather than having to bring with you an adapter cord so you can hook up your charger.

Is your flat panel acrylic cover going to be clear so you can see the PS underneath? I worked with acrylic sheets (used for my aquarium projects) and cutting the sheets was a chore unless you had the right equipment. Most times I had the plastics company cut them for me but a friend used his table saw once to cut the sheets down to workable sizes. Worked really well and the cuts were smooth enough to use the Weld on to join them together for water-tight seals. Your project is going to look real nice when you get it all done!

Thanks for the congrats on the solar. Disney has put considerable effort into developing several large solar farms on their property so I figured if they are investing so much it must be worth looking into, plus with my neighbors getting them was another factor. Also, our power company tried to construct a nuclear facility some years ago and unfortunately the project was a failure, so they include a surcharge on all their customers' bills to, in effect pay for their failed costs. Not to mention the annual rate hikes they implement, so the decision wasn't too difficult.

So our solar installation will be done tomorrow. We went with Momentum Solar: https://momentumsolar.com/
They designed a system based on our house/roof layout and power usage for the past year. Florida has legislature that requires power companies to allow solar customers to remain on the grid and share excess electricity made as a credit to use when the panels aren't making power (at night or during cloud cover) - its called net metering. So a battery isn't required as the credited electricity is used during downtimes.

One very cool feature is each panel has a microinverter with monitoring service. So you can use your phone to see each panels electric production.

I'm glad to hear that you'll be taking it easy going up and down the roof. I was suggesting the son-in-laws (not grandsons! lol) for the more manual labor type stuff - like helping get the panels up on the roof and securing the railings up there. But you already did the work for the 4 up there so it sounds like you have a system worked out for getting the remaining 4 up there. And safely!

Take care!

Mark
Old 05-29-2019, 06:57 PM
JPEE

Originally Posted by Aframomum
Hi JPEE,

Don't worry about the old Zero...I'm just going to shelf her for a little while. I'm sure I'll get her flying again some time later.

4 computer fans should keep those PS nice and cool. Good idea about using the standard plug so you can 'plug in' anywhere rather than having to bring with you an adapter cord so you can hook up your charger.

Is your flat panel acrylic cover going to be clear so you can see the PS underneath? I worked with acrylic sheets (used for my aquarium projects) and cutting the sheets was a chore unless you had the right equipment. Most times I had the plastics company cut them for me but a friend used his table saw once to cut the sheets down to workable sizes. Worked really well and the cuts were smooth enough to use the Weld on to join them together for water-tight seals. Your project is going to look real nice when you get it all done!

Thanks for the congrats on the solar. Disney has put considerable effort into developing several large solar farms on their property so I figured if they are investing so much it must be worth looking into, plus with my neighbors getting them was another factor. Also, our power company tried to construct a nuclear facility some years ago and unfortunately the project was a failure, so they include a surcharge on all their customers' bills to, in effect pay for their failed costs. Not to mention the annual rate hikes they implement, so the decision wasn't too difficult.

So our solar installation will be done tomorrow. We went with Momentum Solar: https://momentumsolar.com/
They designed a system based on our house/roof layout and power usage for the past year. Florida has legislature that requires power companies to allow solar customers to remain on the grid and share excess electricity made as a credit to use when the panels aren't making power (at night or during cloud cover) - its called net metering. So a battery isn't required as the credited electricity is used during downtimes.

One very cool feature is each panel has a microinverter with monitoring service. So you can use your phone to see each panels electric production.

I'm glad to hear that you'll be taking it easy going up and down the roof. I was suggesting the son-in-laws (not grandsons! lol) for the more manual labor type stuff - like helping get the panels up on the roof and securing the railings up there. But you already did the work for the 4 up there so it sounds like you have a system worked out for getting the remaining 4 up there. And safely!

Take care!

Mark
My daughters are now single mothers, no son in-laws. GS are 15 and 18 but again, they rare A students and sports heads, no mechanical abilities. But I hear you.

Your solar tying in to the grid works like our city too accept (mine is off grid stand alone). I think you may have missed my point. If the city power goes out at night you will be in total darkness until day light. You cannot 100% count on the city power grid survive a local outage and then there is the new terrible inclement weather globally that we are all trying to adjust to these days, thus the battery array would keep you with limited lights, power a frig and the heat. Like your solar array, your power needs during that period would have to be metered to know what the minimum amount of batteries you would need tied to your system for Power failures at night.

As I said food for thought, sorry if I did not explain clear the perspective I was attempting to show you.

JP
right now I am making a plywood platform in the box and once I’ve got it exactly the way I want it we have a plastics company about a mile from my house that I work with before. I will give them the wooden mock one for them to laser or CNC cut for me. I have two table saws, two different types of routers but..........my work will be done lol, they can the plexi or plastic. YES! I told my wife I am considering doing it in clear as you stated so friends could look down inside. Perhaps a strip of RC LEDs in there would be coolio too??

JP
Old 06-02-2019, 05:21 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

The panels were installed on Thursday - the crew came out at 8AM and finished up by 2PM, not too shabby. I tried not to bother them too much while they were working but I did get to see most of the major install parts. I went up on the roof the next day to inspect the work they did and it looked really nice and clean - no trash or debris left over and the install looks real solid. Now we have to wait for the inspector to finalize the work.

You are correct in that with the in-grid sharing we are, essentially, at the mercy of the electric company with power outages. When they are off-line then so are we. I don't want to jinx ourselves but our outages for the past year have not been an issue - but a hurricane could easily change that. I will definitely keep your battery storage option in mind if things come down to that later down the road.

The LED's would be a great touch for your acrylic cover. They now have remote controllers so you can change the colors to anything you want instead of being stuck with just one color option. Either way it would look very coolio!

Mark
Old 06-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Aframomum

Wanted to share a few pictures:

Back Side

East Side

Fuse/Controller boxes
Old 06-02-2019, 06:21 PM
JPEE

Mark,

The solar looks great! Yes, it looks clean and well done, somebody cared and has pride on that crew. Do you know how many kilowatts you can crank out on your best day? Also do you know the name of you controller and the brand of the panels, they’re HUGE, I just love it Congrats!

Drone news,
On the News tonight there was a story of the guy flyIng a DJI Phathom out over the bay and followed ship going out to see. When his alarm for low batt went off he recalled it, but it never came back! I can’t recall what the time period was but a hiker stumbled upon it on shore in the bushes on the cliff. He somehow found out who he thought the owner was an wrote him a letter address to “Lost Drone Owner”. The home owner when he saw the letter in his mail box dang near had a baby! The guys got together and the man got his drone and they have now become friends.

Great story huh.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:45 AM
JPEE

Default Addendum

Forgot to mention, most of the guys have the 12v LED lights WITH color remote with duel whip antennas for the their RZR flag for night driving, looks cool out on the desert!
Old 06-07-2019, 08:13 PM
Aframomum

Hi JPEE,

The crew did a good job and it shows! We have not gone live as of yet, still need to have the inspector come (next Thursday) before they can 'energize' us.

The panels are made by Q Cells (designed in Germany and assembled in USA) and the microinverter is made by Enphase IQ7.

That's a great story about the guy able to recover his DJI and got a friend out of the ordeal too!

I've been working on a few different projects lately:

First one - I got my old Onkyo stereo system out of storage and tried out all the components to make sure they were all still working. Surprisingly after 10 years everything still worked except the CD disc changer. Not too bad as I can replace that at a later date. I put in the walls speaker wire during the construction (before the drywall went up) and so was able to install the surround speakers in their appropriate places. I had bought all the install components (brackets, mounting plates, etc) when we moved in but never got around to installing it until now. Hooking it up to took a little Google help but got everything working. Now we can watch our TV with surround sound! Once again, not too shabby with a 10 year old component system.

Second - I got a mini F-16 ducted fan jet the end of last year (Thunderbird theme) and finally got around to finishing it up. It uses a small 3S 1300 mAh lipo and is a belly lander but looks real nice. I am hoping to maiden it this weekend and of course my son is super excited as well.

Working on the F-16 has gotten me interested in jets again. I've been looking at Motion's site to see what they have available. Its a good thing I don't have a decent paved runway as I would be too tempted to get one of those $250'ish jets - 4S, 70mm fan, retracts, lights, and all the other goodies that come in that price range! Yeah, good thing I'm limited to grassy belly landing jets for now.

I bet those night rigs of yours in the desert must be something to see - all lit up like that in the darkness!

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.