Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Wattage Micro Flyer RTF

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 08:16 AM
partmangr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wattage Micro Flyer RTF

Doing a hammer head is no biggie especially with a full charge, got it to loop once it was very unintensional but was very ccol. most tricks happen because of wind. I got to fly it indoors for the first time at a E fly event at a golf dome in flint and the micro flyer flew great!! It must have made it onto like 10 christmas lists that night!!!! The plane is very manuverable after you get the hang of it. I can make it do whatever I want!! What fun.

Dan
Old 11-24-2004, 01:42 PM
26ray
My Feedback: (2)

Cool... This thing is quit awsome. I got mine today, ordered from HP -- put the batteries in, charged it up and soon after I was flying it around. For the money $$$ it is a great deal. I have already gotten my $39 worth of fun my first day. It took 2 flights / crashs before I totally got the hang of it, but now I cant wait to fly it again after I finish my lunch. ( all of this while I am at work ( hehe ) ! It is a little windy and I found out real quick that 10mph wind is the enemy ! I should already know this, but I had to fly it again, almost instant death spiral. I am sure to be playing with this thing alot tomorrow.

Again, as I mentioned -- For the $$ it is a great deal. I was about to order parts to make a Bit Cootie plane and I put it on hold so I could try this first. Since this micro is so much fun, I am positivly going to make the cootie next month.

Cootie Picutes
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32275.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	196255   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75880.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	196256  
Old 12-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Mark0

I found another video on this link below its the second camera when you enter the site

http://www.little-bellanca.com/shopp...t.php?PI=14530
Old 12-05-2004, 05:32 PM
skirecs

Is there any way to slow it down? It seems pretty fast, and may be pretty hairy indoors.
It looks fun though.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:56 PM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Where can I get plans for that cootie?
Old 12-06-2004, 01:06 PM
zeeshan

hey guys ive been looking at this plane and just wondering if i should get it and from where. Preferbally from a free shipping place because the price is quite high for me already. Another thing what about the preserver i hear that is very good , which one.
here is a good link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WD2V
also i have already bought one of thoose rc supersonic which was a waste of money, dosent charge the battery properly and now dosent fly over 2 foot. forget that to buy or not to buy.
thanks great thread.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:10 PM
zeeshan

http://www.redrockethobbies.com/shippinginfo.asp dose this website chrge in canadien dollers.
how much is shipping to uk.
thanks
Old 12-14-2004, 11:54 AM
adampsjol

I have had great success flying this little guy, with flight times near twenty minutes, STOCK! I had a few crashes early on, nothing major, as i only fly it over grass. A couple weeks back I landed hard and the motor stopped working. I figured i broke a solder joint to the motor so I cut the little guy up, but there was so much glue over everything i just couldn't tell. So i went back to Hobby People with a box of parts to ask what they thought. The young man asked if I had all of the parts. of course i did, so he told me to go pick up another one and he would exchange it (didn't even ask for a reciept). I will give as much business to that store as i can.

BTW if anyone has an idea why the motor quit i would love to hear some theories.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Gravityisnotmyfriend
My Feedback: (2)

I just recently found out that this plane loves the indoors. I've only flow it outdoors until last week. We had our monthly RC club meeting and it was at a school. After the meeting we went into the gym and I demonstrated the MF to the club. I was taking off from the ground and on a few occasions was able to land and takeoff again without touching it. This was the only time I actually got the MF higher than I wanted to. The rafters in the gym looked hungry and I didn't want them taking a bite outta my plane. I wouldn't be surprised if more of the members show up at the next meeting with MF's of their own.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:28 AM
blswinney7

Say Guys,

Somewhere I saw an article on a biplane conversion for the Microflyer. A replacement wing was added without any stagger or change in incidence from the original wing. The finished biplane was painted a bright piper cub yellow. The flight speed was slowed considrably to assist in accomodating idoor flying. I have searched all of my publications and researched the internet to get more information, but no luck. Has anyone seen the article or know where it might be found? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Bryan Swinney
Native Texican & US Westerner
Houston, Texas, USA
Old 01-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Mike Taylor
My Feedback: (1)

It is on page thirteen of this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3032944
Old 01-27-2005, 01:41 PM
tjl

Just took my new Micro Flyer out to try it out. Just finished snowing with a slight breeze. I figured the snow would make a nice soft landing pad for my first try.

The plane flew like a charm right out of the box. I did do a slight up adjustment on the tail, but nothing else was required.

What a ton of fun.

The wind started to pick up, so my flying was cut short.

Great fun.

Tom
Old 01-28-2005, 04:27 PM
sixinarow

Just bought one a week ago. Haven't flown it much, too windy. The days I did I fly it, it tended to go left. I believe the right facing prop shaft is because the battery is on the left of the centerline for CG.

I flew it, crashed it, broke the prop, replaced the prop with one of the Firebird Outlaw props (note direction of spin on Outlaw props!). Then I crashed it again, broke the prop housing and lost the little spring that keeps the two gears aligned. I replaced the spring with a piece of fuel tubing, glued the housing back on and works ok.

Not an awesome plane in general, but can't be beat for the price.

Nick
Old 02-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Model_Mann

hey greg if i were interested in becoming a rc reviewer who should i contact, after your done reviewing the things that they send you do you get to keep them or do you send them back,
Old 02-07-2005, 07:15 PM
GWR

If I do the 2 extra cell mod to the transmitter can I use my AstroLipo charger for the little plane cell?
Old 02-11-2005, 12:49 PM
GWR

[:@]Because of the ongoing range problem, I decided to try the transmitter modification I've seen on this board. However, instead of adding 2 more aa cells equaling 9.6 volts, I'm trying a 9 volt transistor radio battery.[sm=bananahead.gif] This will still give me a good boost, I hope, and seems easier to install.[8D]Now I'll make a lead to charge the little lipo cell with my Astro charger.[sm=idea.gif] I've lost the instruction/spec sheet and I don't remember the lipo's capacity.So what is the capacity so I can charge this cell?Thanx, D'oh![sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59166.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	227874  
Old 02-18-2005, 02:16 PM
jimbosstuff1

I believe the battery to be 150ma---Has there been any post on shorting the receiver antenna? maybe one of the indoor micro type? Maybe I missed a post on it...there is so many...this little guy a trip,out of the box. but the long antenna. E-Jim
Old 02-26-2005, 10:51 PM
ronmar1

Guys if you want more transmitter range for the WMF, here the solution! I went back and picked up my old 27.145mhz transmitter that came with my (long ago retired) Sky Zap. Guess what? I can just about speck out my WMF and it will never skip a beat. Look and see if you don't still have one of those old RTF 2 channel transmitters laying around. If it matches the primary freq of the plane, it will work. My 27.145mhz transmitter flys my 27mhz WMF like a charm.

Ron
Old 03-02-2005, 11:09 PM
BeninTucson

Hi all . . .

A couple of observations regarding Micro Flyer mods. I flew mine with moderate success for 5 days
in it's stock form. Inspired by photos posted by EVOL on the 'fix it" thread on this forum, I decided to
cut open the little foamy yesterday, remove the electronics, and build an entirely new plane around
them. The first goal is cleaning all the various adhesives off the parts. I've already begun cutting
electrical leads between the various assemblies (no turning back now!) so that the motor/gearbox,
the receiver, the battery, and the actuator can be treated as separate entities. Today I concentrated
on the motor/gearbox assembly.

Beyond the basic adhesive used to mount the motor/gearbox into the foam, the front panel of the
gearbox is sealed onto the assembly with a flexible caulking compound. After a little deft knife work,
I was able to quickly remove all of this gunk with a Q-tip soaked in naptha. Naptha will remove most
glues (but not C/A) and doesn't hurt plastic or foam. After prying off the small pinion gear on the
motor shaft, a "00" tipped Phillips will let you remove those two microscopic screws holding the motor
to the plastic housing. Any remaining caulking gunk can now be removed. The darned thing is clean
enough to eat off of now!

All the other motor and gear parts were removed and cleaned in this operation. A single drop of 3-in-1
oil was placed on the gears before I closed up the cover. Now that there are no longer any little bits of
caulk at the seam, the front cover neatly snaps onto place and seems more secure than before. I'm
going to resist gluing it with C/A (I read that as a hint here) and, instead, I'll simply run a neat single
wrap of Scotch tape around the perimeter so I can get back inside again if I ever have to.

After this overhaul and cleaning I thought that putting the old prop back on would be a shame. I ran
out to the hobby store where I purchased my Micro Flyer, explained the goal of my project, and asked
if there were any other propeller options available to me. I was directed to the collection of orange
plastic GWS props that they had on hand. The square blade 3X2 is extremely close to the stock Micro
Flyer one in both diameter and pitch. It looks spiffier as well and I bought two of these. When I got home
I used a #54 drill bit (0.055") to accurately bore out the hole ever so slightly on one of them and it now
snugly fits over the motor shaft. I shorted the lithium battery up against the motor leads to test out
everything and it ran very smoothly . . . smoother sounding than before I started the overhaul. This
assembly is now definitely ready to go onto a new plane.

While at the hobby store I also got an additional lithium battery (I'll elaborate on the Micro Flyer battery
arrangement in my next post here) and a couple of dual wire leads with modular male/female connectors.
While I will, more than likely, be reconnecting the motor/gearbox assembly back to the receiver circuit
board with straight soldered wiring (albeit with a slight increase in length on the wires), I will most certainly
be using one of the modular connector sets to enable me to be able to disconnect the battery mount from
the receiver at will. Now . . . what the heck am I going to do about those hair-thin actuator leads?

More later . . .

Ben in Tucson

http://jetex.org
Old 03-19-2005, 08:04 PM
the juicer

This plane looks pretty cool and i'm wondering if it would be a good first rc airplane. Would it break right away or is it durable. I'm also wondering how long it takes to charge.
Thanks
Old 03-28-2005, 10:07 PM
titotop4

The plane is super durable, i ROF my 2 story balcony and i tried to glide it down and it hit the cement pretty hard but all it did was push my rudder like a mm in, great plane and lots of fun, btw can you charge the lipo batts with the 9v?? i think you should be able to since the remote runs on like 7.2 volts, willl the extra 1.8 volts fry the batts??
Old 03-30-2005, 11:05 AM
flyingace451

*breathing heavily* Phew...I finally got threw reading this thread. I ordered mine last Fri. and I hope to know when it will come on around noon today. I better take really good care of it so I don't break the actuator wires....I don't have a soldering iron.[] Any tips on flying it?
Old 03-31-2005, 07:15 PM
titotop4

its better to fly at night with no wind, and also in the afternoon when its hot with no or little wind. The little plane is pretty fast and will dive fast of your not good with the throttle, don't let of the throttle for more than a sec or it will start to dive fast!! ALso when you turn make sure you tap or the turn will also turn into a dive, I'm gonna take aprt the little thing and make a smaller and lighter indoor plane> Good luck!
Old 04-01-2005, 09:30 AM
flyingace451

Good news! My friend has a soldering iron and I just happened to find an xacto lying in the box of tools we got from my grandfather.(after he died) I'm not going to cut the guy open just yet, I'm going to wait until I tear up the little guy until the frame can no longer be used. Hm....now what to use for the new plane body....hm....[>:] Your mine you little foam beast!
Old 04-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Phenom

Hi, I know nothing about building or modding micro planes but I saw this little thing while surfing and it kinda reminded me of the Micro Flyer and I was wondering if anyone has tried a rear engine config with the system from the Micro Flyer, if not this might be a stable platform to try from with similar dimensions /shrug [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGPS7&P=BR]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGPS7&P=BR[/link]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.