Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Air Hogs Havoc Heli

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Maxit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Havoc Heli

I got my bearings at www.precisionheli.com and just bought 4 total......he sells them in sets of 2 for $5.95.

http://www.precisionheli.com/Merchan...gory_Code=m001
Old 04-03-2007, 02:32 PM
alph

Good Show Maxit,
I wonder why the other guy wanted $60.00 and yours are $2.95?
alph
Old 04-03-2007, 03:00 PM
darticus

Are these a perfect fit for the Havoc Heli? Thanks Ron
Old 04-03-2007, 09:03 PM
evanthehunter

check this out! http://www.zenratai.com/picooz_helic..._pearl_mod.htm
im gonna try it as soon as my heli comes in
Old 04-04-2007, 12:08 AM
tyedyetdp

ORIGINAL: evanthehunter

check this out! http://www.zenratai.com/picooz_helic..._pearl_mod.htm
im gonna try it as soon as my heli comes in

Wow that mod looks awesome! I love the idea with the bead to vary in between hover and flight. Ill have to try that when I get a second one.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:23 AM
Bonefrost
My Feedback: (6)

Alph
Y'all make me laugh hard! I can see you bouncing your Havoc's of three walls befor actually gaining control over it! Talk about turning a tapdance into a crusade. These little helis are just toys!Alph

So these things are never going to have a whole lot of control huh?
I'm bouncing all over the place.
I'm getting a little better,but you cant really 'manuever' it where you want it to go,can you?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Lawfree

The bearings I used also came from Precision Heli. If you use a very sharp 1/8 inch drill bit, and carefully hand bore the orig. bearing seat you will have a good fit. I would not drill any deeper that the depth needed to seat the bearing flush. This will leave a very thin wall, but if you "pot" the bearing outer race with CA, you should not lose any strength. Actually the ball bearings I received have a lot more slop in them than I would have liked and seem to be missing a ball bearing (not tightly spaced between the two races). The 1 mm CF shaft is generally and OK fit, but you may want to use a lil' epoxy or CA to build up the shaft to mount the main gear and rotor head. If I did this mod on another one, I would skip the over priced ball bearings, and just carefully size a CF shaft to fit the stock bronze bushings. Using a CF shaft instead of steel, and with a dab of Moly lube, there should be little to no wear on the bushings. Tighter fit,less weight and less slop and save $15
toward other stuff...........
I was wondering if anyone has played with shaft length? Positioning the rotor slightly higher or lower should have an effect on the stability.

Lawfree
ORIGINAL: darticus

Are these a perfect fit for the Havoc Heli? Thanks Ron
Old 04-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Maxit

yes! I lowered my rotor closer to body when I did bearing mod. The other thing that made a hugh difference was
to balance the blades with scotch tape under the main rotor blade. I put tape on both blades actually and more to side
needing more weight. Amazing enough it made the blade less sensative. I guess stiffer. Bearings sure do make this
bugger throttle sensative though. I need taller ceilings!

Well this is end of my mods and what I came up with.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27349.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	656914  
Old 04-04-2007, 11:01 PM
MINICooperS

Sorry guys, with all the modification talk going on, I must admit that the "stock" Ecoman "MicroGear" that I purchased from Fry's Electronics has the Havoc beat hands down, modded or stock. So much so that I returned all 6 of my Havocs and purchased a half dozen MicroGear. Besides the fact that the MicroGear will stay aloft for over 10 solid minutes all I've done is add epoxy to the tail rotor root for longevity. I'm on my original rotor and have been flying multiple times daily for over 2 weeks now. The included "weights" don't even need to be installed on the nose for fierce forward momentum. This isn't a discussion about clones or fakes, rather just what really matters, quality flight time. Anyway, here is a shot of my micro-invasive mineral oil lube job in front of a high intensity light. I may dissect the bird someday but right now "if it ain't broke don't fix it".
Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36041.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	657342  
Old 04-04-2007, 11:18 PM
MINICooperS

Maxit,
Did they charge you $8.95 shipping on 2 bearings for $5.95 that weigh nothing and fit inside a 39 cent envelope? If so, this is why I don't buy things off eBay either.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Lawfree

Wow! Now that is an impressive photo!
No wonder your Heli flys so well and for so long.....
You sure that's mineral oil you you're shootin' in there?
I know my clone marked SYMA on the body and says Mini Helicopter 607 on the box flys better than my Blue Havoc,
flys longer and is of better quality (especially the electronics). Unfortunately the controllers are not compatable
I'm wondering if maybe I got an early production Havoc.
Still I'm having fun playing with the modifications...

Lawfree
Old 04-04-2007, 11:42 PM
MINICooperS

100% mineral oil and any extra will even keep you "regular" if you don't mainline it!
I'm wondering how the MicroGear can fly twice as long as the Havoc on a single charge, weighs the same, and has the same voltage rating?? It seems to have alot more power so it should be a good candidate for an extreme fuselage mod someday.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:22 AM
samcoinc

A friend at work bought one at target a few days ago. $24 on sale. After seeing it - I had to get one.

Very impressed with it. Puts a smile on my face. I am now going to buy one more so I can mod one of them.

I do have the oscolation at certain rpm's it seems to be the worse fully charged. once it runs for a few minutes it seems to settle down. I might try the oil syringe

great site

sam
Old 04-05-2007, 11:26 AM
fire_racer17

I just got one. They may not be super safistacated, but these micro helis are killer fun!!!

Fire_Racer17[8D]
Old 04-06-2007, 01:48 PM
PaulG-RC

I agree I just got the 3 colors and all 3 fly very well and about 10 guys at my work place got them and during our lunch brake we have a blast for a good 10 min

It shure kills the stress level in a day

The strange thing here is that I ordered 1 Picoo Z from 3Deshops.com with a transmeter no box no spare rotor and no tape to balance and it cost me $72.00 canadian and took 5 weeks to get.
I now found the Airhog Havoc Heli at $29.92 canadian and I have the box , spare rotor and lead tape to balance. go figure.

ORIGINAL: fire_racer17

I just got one. They may not be super safistacated, but these micro helis are killer fun!!!

Fire_Racer17[8D]
Old 04-06-2007, 07:02 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Samco, while enjoying, even loving your heli is OK. osculating(kissing) one is a taking it a bit far.

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist

Have fun,

Tim
Old 04-07-2007, 12:32 AM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

those weighted tape strips are aluminum not lead , and the don't do much , place a very small safety pin, you know those small brass ones about 3/4 inch long and keep it closed ,the pin that is with the large part of the pin facing forward of the heli nose, tape it [do not stick it in the foam] or you will hit the battery,we don't want that, so TAPE it on the very bottom of the nose almost even with it where it ends even with the nose at the front ,center it on the heli s bottom and use only 1/2 in or 3/4 inch MASKING Tape , make it a short piece about 3/4 th inch long and it hold s very good ,now fly it and it will be like a new heli and go even forward in either a right or left turn.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:18 PM
samcoinc

I am not known for my spelling

I have had it now for a few days now. still on my first set of alkalines. It seems like I have been charging/flying forever. I must say I am still impressed. It is a bit hard to control for the first 1/2 minute - but after that it is pretty easy to handle.

I ordered a bunch of bearings from precisionheli (Thanks Maxit ) That will be my first major mod.
I bought 2 heli's and have one apart - got the main gear off and such. just waiting now

Things that have happened
- one of the weights in the upper wing flew off after hitting a picture frame. taped it back on - still flies the same.
- I have had the rear rotor come off about 5 times so far - still have not lost it (still on the original).

sam
Old 04-09-2007, 10:51 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Sam, I was teasing you. I knew what you meant, but the spelling was so close.... Well I couldn't resist. Have fun.Tim
Old 04-10-2007, 12:47 PM
buddhaman20

wow i just got my havoc heli an what can i say it is alsome i am a beginner at flying helis i got it out of the box an stared flying untill it died from not being charged an i was caught of gard how easy it was to fly i love this little heli i am going out an getting another one and for some who is looking to buy on but not sure go out an get one right now they are so cool

T.J.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:05 PM
lyndman26

I got one of these too! They're so much fun, but mine, after a while of use, would cut out about half a second at full throttle. So is this a short, cuz if I have to return it I lost the receipt!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:10 PM
PaulG-RC

Not shure what it could be but it happens to me but only if I fly it at work, so I would imagine its something affecting the infrared signal. just a tought
Old 04-21-2007, 06:13 PM
wheelycool

Anyone have a full list of Mods so we don't have to hunt around the site for them? I have 2 Havocs and they are great. Can't wait to do some mods to them. [8D]
Old 04-21-2007, 07:29 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Wheely, the problem is about to compound for you, the picco z thread is also about this heli. 6 pages just went to about 43. There is also the picco z toolbox. I posted a link a week ago on one of these 2 threads. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll repost it. Tim
Old 04-22-2007, 09:48 PM
xianvon

Both the aircraft and the remote work just fine on my havoc heli. I made some modifications that made it ALOT more fun to fly. First, I put a plastic push-pin style thumb tack in the nose. Then, I tied a wire twisty-tie from the box of garbage bags around the part that connects the hull and the tail rotar. This counter-weight is adjustable. You can slide it forward and backwards, and this will change the forward speed of the craft. My helicopter is a blast to fly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.