Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Night Ranger 3D Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Night Ranger 3D Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 11:44 PM
consultjdm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Night Ranger 3D Gallery

Dennis,

One of the things I really liked about the Night Ranger 3D was how sturdy the skids looked compared to those real skinny poles the sabre has. I never really broke the poles I would break the holes in the skids the poles went into. Whatever, it is a bad design that should be fixed by thickening the plastic. Of course luckily I have duct tape and it holds those skids to the poles just fine - haha

JD
Old 02-20-2006, 11:47 PM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you were doin demolition derby, not hover practice. LOL
Old 02-21-2006, 05:40 AM
Roachie

Dennis the Hoover Daddy.....Wondered where you got to!!!

This is where youve been hangin out? I've been a member of RCU for a while but forgot to cruise it...

well guess Ill have to add this to my daily trawl.....

just Ordered the little ball thingy's for my See-saw etc......still no Blade Grips as spares in Aust yet at least thats the line I get... but have been flying the NRII heaps at the local indoor Auction Centre.....they had a Chook (Chicken) auction and left heaps of feathers on the floor....been sweeping the floor clean....LOL the feathers make an almighty Vrrrt as they go through the tail rotor...great fun

i'll just spend sometime going through the thread and see whats been happening and what else I can learn.....

Regards.....
Old 02-21-2006, 05:50 AM
Roachie

Hey Dennis I tried to join your Yahoo Group too....but had to go out of town for a week or so onto the project i manage and when I got back I forgot how to get my PW working then couldn't get my trick question right.....cant get on to the Yahoo thing yet...grrrr

Had many responses there yet....I've e-m'd the help people at yahoo and I've got a pretty complex route to go through to get back on....bugger
Old 02-21-2006, 06:38 AM
freeonthree

Yea, we got around 20 members so far. Here it is again in case ya lost it.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/venomnightranger3dgroup/
Hope ya get your parts, and back in the air soon. Im down for a motor, but still have the simulator, so I won't spaz out or anything from boredom. LOL I've been doin real good with it so far. Im still just hovering, but im gettin closer to forward flight every day. It's 3:37 am here now, so im goin to bed. Take care, talk to ya tomorrow/later today. Dennis
Old 02-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Guildgtar

well i got my parts in today, and is there a easyer way then gettin the wires out of the tail boom out. cuase my tail boom broke n half n i just got a new tail boom, n back blades. now i need blade grips.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:49 PM
freeonthree

Just unsolder the wires from the motor, remove the tail section, and pull the boom. The hardest part is gettin the wires to make the turn in the tail peice. It's a very easy task... Dennis
Old 02-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Guildgtar

it wont be glitchy or anything if i do that?
Old 02-21-2006, 10:35 PM
freeonthree

Glitchy ? if you do what ? Please explain...
Old 02-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Guildgtar

if i take the wires off the tail motor to put the tail boom on and then put it back.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:44 PM
freeonthree

No it wont hurt a thing. You only need to use a low wattage soldering pencil, so you dont create alot of heat. Make sure you put the capacitor on the new motor. Also make sure you put the wires on the motor correctly, or it will turn the wrong direction. Dennis
Old 02-21-2006, 11:41 PM
Guildgtar

ok thanks, what if i cut the wires would that do anything?
Old 02-22-2006, 12:07 AM
Guildgtar

this is crazy how do u get the tiny screws off at the end of the tail or i think its called the tail motor mount the screws r so tiny!
Old 02-22-2006, 12:48 AM
freeonthree

OK, go buy a soldering pencil at radio shack or napa or Kragans, and do it right. Get some resin core electronic solder too. You'll always use it. You can use the little screwdriver that comes with eyeglass repair kits from the market, or a jewellers screwdriver that they sell sets of at radio shack also. Yep, there small. do it over a towell so if ya drop one, it won't go bouncing off and hide somewhere. Dennis
Old 02-22-2006, 12:52 AM
freeonthree

By the way, I have to put 350 power reading glasses over my 200 power reading glasses to do the job (tail motor screws) so don't feel too bad. LOL
Old 02-22-2006, 01:05 AM
Roachie

Yeah those screws are just soooo thinny...

Dropped one and had to trawl the carpet with a magnet to get it back....good tiip
And Ibought one of those big magnetic light to allow for my deteriorating eyes.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:11 AM
freeonthree

Beleive it or not, I found 1 in the yard with a magnet on a stick thingy a couple of weeks ago. They both fell out, and the motor continued until it became unstuck to the plastic. Never found the other one... Found the washer for that one too !!!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:26 AM
Roachie

Hey Dennis you get around between threads kinda like I do just was talking to you on the other thread on the other site!!!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:35 AM
freeonthree

I have all the messages from the all the threads i suscribe to come to my email. Half the time, I don't really know what one im on. I think im in 3, and 1 I have to go to manually.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:23 AM
funkymonkey

Hey, I am having a lot of trouble with my NR3D. I have a vicious tail spin on the ground, so bad I can't control. Just got myNR3D on 2/11/06, but what I am reading these post is that the Nr3D has a very solid tail. Can anyone give me a pic of what my pot setting on the gyro should be and I can go from there. Also did anyone have a charging issue- after an hour on the charger my batteries are screeming hot????[&o]
Old 02-22-2006, 09:40 AM
consultjdm

Hot batteries,

Yes, I went to top mine off when I got it and it only took a short while to super heat. Then after running down the battery to near zero, I recharged and after and hour or so it started getting pretty hot. I guess that is a sure way to know they are done. The manual says an hour to and hour and a half I think so I start checking the temp after and hour every 15 minutes. You probably noticed that the battery stays real cool until the end of the charge. I switched my batt after that to a lipo and my lipo charger stops when the battery is charged - much better.

And I have no tail problem. I would think that the tail motor gear is not pushed on all the way tight or the motor is burning out or the 4 in 1 is broken. But I would normally think it was the tail gear/rotor pin assembly not being pushed together tightly.

JD
Old 02-22-2006, 09:43 AM
consultjdm

More tail spin,

if its not the gear assembly being loose, then it could be the trim but I assumed you tried adjusting that. also check the dip switches. I doubt the servo could be reversed because they come set right. But incase you swiched any dip switches on the transmitter you can check you have them set correctly.

JD
Old 02-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Guildgtar

i was lookin around today n heard that the dragonfly is pretty much the same thing, so i checked the blade grips

http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...26ac75c71972e4

it seems like it will fit, i think its the same thing.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:36 PM
freeonthree

The battery should never be allowed to get hot. Warm to the touch is enough, and means the battery has peaked, or is about to. Any more and your hurtin the battery. A good digital charger with peak sensing and temp probe is as important as the heli itself. I've got the Triton, and it was the best $130.00 I ever spent. If your still using the stock supplied charger, do yourself a favor and get a charger that lets you know what goin on, and shuts down in the case of a problem. Dennis
Old 02-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Nhill527

Hey guys, i just ordered a night ranger 3d from tower hobbies, will be here in the morning, is there anything i should pay attention to when i get it out of the box?, i've been flying Gas helicopters for about 3 months but i'm just wanting to know if there is a big problem with stuff missing,loose,broke,etc... i don't know how much different this elect will fly then my gas helo. thanks for the help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.