Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Hirobo SRB Quark Forum: Photos Q&A

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Hirobo SRB Quark Forum: Photos Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:20 AM
FR4-Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hirobo SRB Quark Forum: Photos Q&A

Isuppose that could just be a marketing reason keeping things hush-hush, to sell more FMQuarks before a new 2.4 version is released?
I agree with this - I'm sure Hirobo is well aware that as soon as a 2.4G version is available the FM version will instantly drop dead unless it undergoes a substantial price cut. Their need to keep current Quark sales alive and strong (for as long as possible) is probably extremely important to them given today's worldwide economy.

-John

Old 06-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Sturmgewehr
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone tried one of these cases for the Quark, instead of the $130 Hirobo case plus $55 shipping to the USA.

http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=325090
Old 06-11-2009, 02:16 AM
Cornholio

Hi all,

Have enjoyed reading this thread, and like with all the others, because of the great comments on this heli I now am interested as well... Not the best time actually, ordered a new 4#3B V3 Double BL a week ago (before I ever heard of this Quark). How am I going to explane to the wife that I really need this heli as well...? :-)

Anyway, contacted Greg with the info provided here. We'll see what he comes up with...
Old 06-11-2009, 05:36 AM
volvoc304

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, but I've been lurking for quite a while!

I was just about to buy a SRB Quark today, but my LHS in Malaysia only has them with a Mode 1 TX. I need a Mode 2!

My question is, can I change the Mode 1 TX to a Mode 2 by swapping wires inside the TX and switches in the RX?

My LHS hasn't a clue

Thanks!

Steve
KL, Malaysia.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Sturmgewehr
My Feedback: (4)

I know this has been talked about before, but I have word from a Hirobo dealer that Hirobo will be coming out with a 2.4GHZ version of the Quark sometime this Fall. Hirobo, on the other hand had told me twice that they have "no plans for a 2.4 version". My dealer swears this info is true, and understands why I would want to wait on buying a Quark, if a new version is coming out soon. I can't see any reason the dealer would be lying to me as he could have made a sale on the currant Quark I was going to buy, and told me I would be contacted as soon as the 2.4 version becomes available.

Can anyone else confirm this, or have any info to share.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:15 AM
HeliYogi

ORIGINAL: volvoc304

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, but I've been lurking for quite a while!

I was just about to buy a SRB Quark today, but my LHS in Malaysia only has them with a Mode 1 TX. I need a Mode 2!

My question is, can I change the Mode 1 TX to a Mode 2 by swapping wires inside the TX and switches in the RX?

My LHS hasn't a clue [img][/img]

Thanks!

Steve
KL, Malaysia.
Yes you can, the TX is easy to open, you basically switch the controls position to mode 2. No need to change RX settings.

Good luck and Cheers!
Old 03-05-2010, 01:17 AM
HeliYogi

Well I guess the quark vogue finally died!

RIP Hirobo Quark

But WELCOME Hirobo SRB Quark SG
The Saga Continues...
Old 03-05-2010, 10:49 AM
TTMT

ORIGINAL: HeliYogi

Well I guess the quark vogue finally died!

RIP Hirobo Quark
Well, I don't have anymore questions at this point, but I'm still very happy with my Quark. I've sent it off to MRC for repair. Ever since Ibought it, I've had a glitching problem with the tail motor. It randomly revs during flight.I should have done something about it long ago, but I finally got around to it.

I think the biggest issue I have with the Quark is that Hirobo is selling it at such a high price without a 2.4GHz radio system. I don't fly with others - I rarely see anyone flying anything in my area, but it's more the principle of it.

Other than that, it's one of my best purchases. I use it for practicing my skills with less worry. I still can't fly backwards worth anything, but Idon't think it's that important. I'm not into 3D really. Iprefer scale flying. I purchased a Thunder Tiger Innovator MD530, and it's fantastic, but I'm a bit more nervous flying it. Between the two helis, I feel like I've got exactly what I need to develop my skill. I'm a slooowww learner.

Thanks for starting this thread. It was very helpful to me in deciding to purchase my Quark and get other viewpoints about it. And I'm very happy with my decision, despite the high price.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:56 PM
HeliYogi

TTMT, Thank you for your active participation in this forum helping others with your experience.

The tail motor issue never went away in my helicopters, I also send them with Tim at MRC (superb service) I had two Quarks the same problem. I sold them.

Is the innovator comparable quality to Hirobo? I read the plastic parts especially the fuselage was really cheap, whats your take on it?

Llike you, I appreciate scale. Have you seen the Mini Titan with the pre-painted Agusta Fuselage? That's one good looking and flying bird.

Cheers!
Old 03-06-2010, 08:37 PM
CCbusa05

Ok guys, big time question for ya! I've got a Quark on order, should be here this upcoming Wednesday. I've had 3 quarks in the past and ended up selling them all due to an annoying and very frustrating trait that all 3 exhibited.................'tail wag' (a slight hunting, but nevertheless there, tail wag). I've gone through the manual more times than I can count and have tried every combination of gyro setting/experimenting that I can think of, but still the wag!!?? The reason it's so frustrating is that in every single SRB Quark video I watch, the tail seems to be spot on solid...........NO WAG!!
Any suggestions, or are you guys also getting the slight wag and maybe it's just not being picked up on the many youtube videos I have seen?? Any insight from you Quark owners would be greatly appreciated. Like I said, new Quark in route and maybe this one will be OK? But just incase it's not..........the reason for this post!

Thx - Jim
Old 03-06-2010, 10:11 PM
TTMT

Mine's always had the reving tail issue.  I should have dealt with it long ago, but I just sent it to New York (MRC) for repair.  I'll tell you if they actually improve anything.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:26 PM
TTMT

ORIGINAL: HeliYogi

TTMT, Thank you for your active participation in this forum helping others with your experience.

The tail motor issue never went away in my helicopters, I also send them with Tim at MRC (superb service) I had two Quarks the same problem. I sold them.

Is the innovator comparable quality to Hirobo? I read the plastic parts especially the fuselage was really cheap, whats your take on it?

Llike you, I appreciate scale. Have you seen the Mini Titan with the pre-painted Agusta Fuselage? That's one good looking and flying bird.

Cheers!
Well, just my opinion, but I think the Innovator quality is fine. It's mostly plastic, but Ihave nothing to complain about. My first model was replaced under warranty by Thunder Tiger. It had a spurious power failure issue that caused it to drop to the ground in flight. They said they found some poor solders, so they replaced it and were very nice about it. The second time it fell to the ground, it was fairly high - maybe 10 - 12 feet. It feel straight down and landed on its gear. The gear broke, but that was about it. So, I'd say it seems fairly sturdy.

In my estimation, the Innovator relies on essentially the same principle as the Quark for its inherent stability. It has a large, rubberized flybar that I think is the key to the stability. It comes pre-programmed from the factory with slow rotor head speeds. You can by software for $40 to change anything you want on the heli, but I've stuck with factory settings. There's a really slow rotor head speed and a slightly faster speed. I use the faster speed. The slower speed is too slow and causes tail wag. The faster speed is still very mild. It works for me. I'm still a nervous pilot. You don't program the radio. All of the programming is done through the software. There's just basic trim tabs on the radio. So far, I don't feel like I need the software. When I get more confidence, I'll probably buy the software and begin to increase the performance. The batteries last a decent amount of time. You have to buy a power supply if you want to charge using A/C. I don't like the idea of charging of my car battery, so I bought one from Hobby People for about $25 and it's been great. I've read that people don't like being limited on what batteries they can buy, but I can fly the Innovator successfully (basic circles, etc) and I'm satisfied. Well, that's my 2 cents.

I have a Mini Titan but, as stable as it is, it's not as stable as the Innovator, so it's grounded right now until my flying skills catch up. I haven't seen that fuselage, but I've seen the Cobra fuselage and it's looks pretty nice.

Happy flying.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:04 PM
CCbusa05

ORIGINAL: TTMT

Mine's always had the reving tail issue. I should have dealt with it long ago, but I just sent it to New York (MRC) for repair. I'll tell you if they actually improve anything.
Thanks TTMT!
Old 03-10-2010, 12:47 AM
jrizzle
My Feedback: (16)

Has everyone else seen the second gen Quark on you tube??? I can't wait!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:32 AM
TTMT

Hirobo's web site says its collective pitch on the main rotor now. The tail motor is brushless. No mention of 2.4GHz radio system, though.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:00 AM
HeliYogi

ORIGINAL: CCbusa05

Ok guys, big time question for ya! I've got a Quark on order, should be here this upcoming Wednesday. I've had 3 quarks in the past and ended up selling them all due to an annoying and very frustrating trait that all 3 exhibited.................'tail wag' (a slight hunting, but nevertheless there, tail wag). I've gone through the manual more times than I can count and have tried every combination of gyro setting/experimenting that I can think of, but still the wag!!?? The reason it's so frustrating is that in every single SRB Quark video I watch, the tail seems to be spot on solid...........NO WAG!!
Any suggestions, or are you guys also getting the slight wag and maybe it's just not being picked up on the many youtube videos I have seen?? Any insight from you Quark owners would be greatly appreciated. Like I said, new Quark in route and maybe this one will be OK? But just incase it's not..........the reason for this post!

Thx - Jim
Sorry I never found the cure, had two and MRC (Hirobos reps) also look at them. The corless motor and tail operation just bad design!

But there is hope just look at how they fix the tail on the new Quark SG... OMG
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFxdBiryjYI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I tough this Quark section that I started (just as the Quark came out) was gone and dead... NO WAY JOSE HERE COMES THE NEW QUARK!

Thanks jrizzele for the news!

Evryone keep your eyes open for the release, lets see who can spot the first dealer, and buy one [:-]
Old 03-13-2010, 03:39 PM
CCbusa05

The new CP Quark "SG" should be out sometime in April....................but wow, she's gonna be expensive!! And no 2.4 gHz!!?? Comes RTF with the same "normal flight mode" Tx as you get with the SRB. In order to fly inverted, you'll have to have or buy an after market Tx.

http://www.rcheliwiki.com/Hirobo_SRB_Quark_SG
Old 03-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Dave ESPI

The new CP Quark ''SG'' ...Comes RTF with the same ''normal flight mode'' Tx as you get with the SRB. In order to fly inverted, you'll have to have or buy an after market Tx.

You are incorrect on this.

It will be RTF with all the required switches and channels.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:06 PM
mediclavina

OK guys, I hope you all don't get mad at me for what I just did (a little off topic).

I love the Quark (and sure will love the upcoming SG version), but I also love my Mini Titan, GAUI 200, and Blade MSR. I currently use a DX7 for my 2.4GHz helis, and a 72MHz Futaba for my Quark. I was set on upgrading from DX7 to X9503 for the throttle-activated timer. But issues after issues on the X9503 started to surface, and yesterday I decided to cancel my backorder already placed for it more than a month ago. I decided to look for something else, and the features of this radio caught my attention:
http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Def...ProdID=JRP1210

The prospect of upgrading to a radio which can be used to fly all my helis (including my beloved Quark and the upcoming SG version of it), plus a $500 off the original price at http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/JRP1210.html was too strong to resist, so I placed an order for this radio yesterday.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:39 PM
HeliYogi

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI

The new CP Quark ''SG'' ...Comes RTF with the same ''normal flight mode'' Tx as you get with the SRB. In order to fly inverted, you'll have to have or buy an after market Tx.

You are incorrect on this.

It will be RTF with all the required switches and channels.
Hey David, good to see your post. It's been some time since the last one.

I did check the link CCbusa05 it seems the info they have is informal, not directly from Hirobo, I agree with David most likely it will come RTF and then maybe a TX less verision, as the Quark did. It is a pity that they are not even considering a 2.4 G please check the link...

[link=http://model.hirobo.co.jp/products/0302-919/]Hirobo Quark SG[/link]

Cheers!
Marcos
Old 06-21-2010, 12:01 PM
jrizzle

I agree that the old radio is a turn off. I read somewhere sometime that Japan does not allow 2.4ghz for its rc stuff??? This would explain why Hirobo only has the 72mhz radio with the Quarks. I cant remember where I read it though? Other than the radio the Quarks are awesome quality and too much fun!. I am even tempted to buy the very expensive SG version soon!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:19 PM
FLYGUY09

I bought my quark 3 months ago and have probably had more fun with this heli than anything I've flown. Just came back in after 2 battery packs at dusk...no wind....just a lot of fun. More importantly I've gotten more stick time with this heli than all my others combined. I've flown at least 50 packs to date, probably more I lost count. It takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.....yeah the blades were breaking if you just look at them wrong, but I'm at a point were I'm not crashing at all. I have read about this tail twitch and it's hardly noticable for a noob like me and frankly you learn to fly with it no problem. Now I can practice new moves on simulator and then when I feel ready I can do em on the quark.

I don't care about the SG right now...maybe another year down the road....the original quark is still the bomb!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:01 PM
HeliYogi

ORIGINAL: FLYGUY09

I bought my quark 3 months ago... I don't care about the SG right now...maybe another year down the road....the original quark is still the bomb!
It's truly awesome when the tail motor behaves. Put it in advance mode and you will have even better and smother transitions.

I can wait till the SG comes out, basically you will have double brush-less power, bigger capacity LIPO, and more RPM. If you like the core less tail rotor oh boy wait for the new one.

Any news out there about the release date guys?

A little taste of heaven...

Old 07-10-2010, 08:34 PM
jrizzle

You can buy it now! Heliproz and YRbuy.com has them. Not cheap though. $748.00!!!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 08:15 PM
esmoglo

Why so much for the SG Quark? I still have the SRB FP heli and its great but I now want more! I like this little bird and I have kept it even tho I fly more advanced helis like the Trex 700N, Trex 550e and Trex 500 ESP. The little Hirobo is so darn easy to fly and its relaxing too! Now we need a 10% off sale then I may buy one.....or not....

Angelo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.