Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Miglet brushless setup help

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Miglet brushless setup help

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 09:36 PM
moor3061

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miglet brushless setup help

I'm a nitro head and was looking at the miglet as my first EDF. The greatplanes site lists the unit with a 24-45-3790 and 4 lipo cell capable of 25 ounces of thrust, 32.6 amps.

Questions, what size speed control would I need, would 35 be enough?

I am having trouble finding a range of 4 cell lipos on towerhobbies.com, anybody have other good sources?

My estimates with this motor, a 4 cell li-po, a 35amp GP silver speed control adds ~2.5oz over the base setup, would this thing still fly with this much weight?

THanks for any help offered.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:29 PM
L0stS0ul

Default RE: Miglet brushless setup help

lol good luck getting a 4 cell lipo under that canopy. I can get my 3 cell under there ok but I really don't think a 4 cell is gonna fit.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:24 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Miglet is really small ... its going to be nuts flying with a 4S and like Lost Soul says ... I doubt a 4S of 1,800 mAh will go into the little thing. Just fly it stock or maybe with a b/less motor like the Himax 2015.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:53 PM
WilsonFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the black one and I can tell you from experience that you can't even get the RECOMMENDED batt in most of the time. Cute little plane. Flies great but very poorly planned out from a space standpoint.

Get an F27-C and seize the day.

Old 10-21-2006, 11:20 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wilson ... would you like to borrow my hobby knife? Hahahahaaaa ... I just maidend my Fun Jet and she is superb, easy to launch and really nice to fly. Landings are a breeze and she is smooth in the air. Less stress than the Micro Jet.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Dolan

To all on the "MIGLET"YES nice look little plane "wing" if you will. I have one and It flys just GREAT and handle nice. I'm at or about 3000 feet above sea leavel and incounter problems with initial take of as I try to lanch with on hand and the other on the radio. It sweeps down real low as if it's lacks power, But once it get a moveing it is fine. I normally have a friend lanch it off for me so I can catch it before it hits the ground. I'm useing the normal setup as laid out by GREAT PLANES with a 3 cell 1320 thungerpower under the canopy. There is barily enough room to put everything.

QUESTION: I want to put a HIMAX 2025-5200 kv motor in place of the stock. OK, Does anyone see anything bad with that setup that might not work and would I feel that much in the takeoff power. According to the manual that comes with that EDF it states that the eeflux speed with a 48000 KV brushless is about 217 MPH. Will I see a greater increase in the eeflux speed? .............Will that motor (Himax 2025-5200 KV) be too much. Questions,Questions.......HELP im lost in the R'C world.

Your Fiend Dolan"wingman" G.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:41 PM
radiocontrol
My Feedback: (2)

Dolan, I'm not sure about the Himax motor, as I am not familiar with it. But I am flying my Miglet with an Ammo 20-40-3500 brushless inrunner motor, 25amp Electrifly silver speed control, and 11.1v 1320 TP 3 cell lipo. With this configuration, this little wing has plenty of get-up-and go!!! I do have a friend handlaunch it, as I like to keep both hands on the sticks. It takes it a few seconds to really get going, but once it gets up on step, it's a rocket!!! I would assume it would fly very well with the Himax.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:43 AM
zac dady

Thank you for the information about the 20-40-3500 motor and performance. I just recently fiinished this plane and set up . I have heard this plane really scoots along after take off is it a real hand full? Or does everything settle down after a few seconds?
Old 01-08-2007, 06:00 PM
bzyguy01

Dolan, I would NOT put that Himax 5200 KV in it.....The calculations are somewhat correct on the thrust and speed but the POS Fan unit is very poor quality when ran that high of kv (RPMS) the impeller will flex and grow enough to start hitting and tearing up the fan unit. I put in a 5500 KV and it litterally melted small chungs of fan unit all the way out the exhaust tube! Once it clearanced itself it was ok but unfortunitally it now has a greater tolerance and is less effecient[>:] The 3500 KV range would be a better choice for longevity. Good luck getting a 4 cell in it! LOL.... I have carved my conopy thin just to fit a 3 cell 1500mah. The plane flies good and is fun to fly as I like fan units but this plane is a pain to launch! Even with tons of power like mine it almost touches ground before it will get up on step and fly! Personally.....I would rather spend the $$$ on a much better unit like the Hobby Lobby Mig or Sabre. With the 5400 KV Himax on a 1320 3 cell TP LIpo it will fly @ 98-100 MPH on radar and fly GGRREEAATT!!! Yay better! My 2cents.....I have them both....
ORIGINAL: Dolan

To all on the "MIGLET"YES nice look little plane "wing" if you will. I have one and It flys just GREAT and handle nice. I'm at or about 3000 feet above sea leavel and incounter problems with initial take of as I try to lanch with on hand and the other on the radio. It sweeps down real low as if it's lacks power, But once it get a moveing it is fine. I normally have a friend lanch it off for me so I can catch it before it hits the ground. I'm useing the normal setup as laid out by GREAT PLANES with a 3 cell 1320 thungerpower under the canopy. There is barily enough room to put everything.

QUESTION: I want to put a HIMAX 2025-5200 kv motor in place of the stock. OK, Does anyone see anything bad with that setup that might not work and would I feel that much in the takeoff power. According to the manual that comes with that EDF it states that the eeflux speed with a 48000 KV brushless is about 217 MPH. Will I see a greater increase in the eeflux speed? .............Will that motor (Himax 2025-5200 KV) be too much. Questions,Questions.......HELP im lost in the R'C world.

Your Fiend Dolan"wingman" G.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Toker41

Will this plane be faster with a 3700kv brushless than it would with the 370 brushed stock motor?
Old 03-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Toker41

k...decided to go with a park 400 4200kv brushless. Anyone have any suggestions on which servos I should use?