Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Esky Honey Bee

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 10:02 AM
borisboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky Honey Bee

HI there i am still abit new to this, but i have a esky e004 heli so far it has been grate flies really well,my only problem is the batt it is rubbish i get hardley and flight time off it 4-5min top if i am luckey, someone surggested a 1800 li po is this correct for my heli please help. I have read alot of threads about getting a better batt and i have also herd about changing the rotor blade to a belt driven one didnt know you could do that to these eskys.please could some one help and tell me where i can purchase these item from.HOpe you can help as i am getting frustrated

cheers
Old 10-10-2005, 08:11 AM
johnnyblade

Hi

if you are looking for honey bee`s or other new style mini helicopters then
please check out www.EshopJB.com
Old 10-20-2005, 08:32 PM
nbrcairpl

I am newbie to helicopters. Just bought a Esky Honeybee 5004. I read all instructions and adjusted the gain and proportional. When I try to increase the throttle slowly, midway on the throttle, the helicopter starts to wobble. If I increase the throttle rapidly, the helicopter gets light on the skids without wobbling. After the increasing the throttle rapidly, about 3/4 way the helicopter is about 2 feet above ground, however helicopter starts to drift to the right very quickly.

How do I make the helicopter hover, without drifting
Old 10-21-2005, 05:37 PM
SMaric

Have you read
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342744
Old 10-25-2005, 06:50 AM
massipos

Hi all, i'm new in this forum and i appreciate all your work, that's very important for a noob in rc heli like me.
i have a honey bee 2005 since 40 days and it flight as well, but i'm really bored to burn tail motors so fast.
So i have tried the twin tail motors and work great but no much more of 10 flights and one motor burn.
I have tried also with a speed 250 7,2V and a 12 pinion and it's all ok for the first 8 flight then the flybox went in tilt, showing a red light during fly and the heli had no response at every radio input for a pair of seconds[:-][:-][:-].
Now i'm back to the stock configuration and all is ok.
i'm still to try the Direct Drive / Large prop & fin tail system upgrade found in helihobby, the motor is also a 7,2V but have no pinion end a different tail rotor blade........someone can advise me of this modification?
In your experience what is the best upgrade for the stock tail motor on my honey bee?

sorry for my english, i will appreciate every suggestion.
bye

Old 10-26-2005, 09:42 AM
borisboy

Hi guys

I have a esky e004 i have had it awhile,after abit of trimmimg and fidderling i have got it perfect now.I have it hovering spot on and its very smooth to operate cj is spot on as well.I have never had to replace any stock parts yet. I was just looking to see if any one had upgraded any parts on this heli and made it better at all.

cheers guys
Old 10-26-2005, 10:38 AM
1LO64

Can anyone direct me where to buy the lipo battery and charger for the Honeybee?
Old 01-19-2006, 10:48 AM
bentonflight

hep me, hep me, im tied to plastic parts and i cant get up.....

Im a nubee on an esky honeybee heli and i havent done the sims but have been very patient and have learned slowly the importance of the trim settings. It really helped me (believe it or not) to hold the heli by the skids, in my hand and power up and kind of get use to how touchy it is (aileron) as well and gather info on how it reacts. Well, i finally got up in the air (for about 30 secs) BUT when i landed it came down harder than i wanted , but it wasnt hard enough for me to believe that i had done any damage. BOY WAS I WRONG. My only irritation with this model is the parts are soooooooooooo fragile.

Does anyone know of a link where i can get upgrades (IE metal/aluminium parts) that wont break when i blow on them and is it worth it or will metal just snapped as does the plastice.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:31 AM
Raptorg007

i have the same prob man if you find out let me know best place i know is helihobby.com they have the whole cnc body mounts and rotor head in aluminum but i dont know where to get good skids or blades i know some people put foa or rubber ovr the skids but def get some landing gear i am waiting for parts from hong kong for 21 days now so i can give it round two but i still did stock parts
let me know what u find
Old 01-20-2006, 10:31 AM
bentonflight

Have you heard any feedback on this aluminum rotor head set -"Complete CNC Head for Blade CP and E-Sky CP" at helihobby.com(part#HH1670) ? It's an upgrade for a honeybee. My concerns are: 1. weight - how much additional weight as compared to stock 2. if one pc of this breaks do you have to buy the whole rotor head over again ($145). 3. im thinking about adding an aluminum boom or wood because stock boom is not durable at all........
Old 01-21-2006, 12:49 AM
tom_sandiego

Try this one, good prices and fast shipping.
[link]http://www.helidirect.com/index.php?cPath=30_65[/link]
Old 01-21-2006, 12:53 AM
tom_sandiego

[quote]ORIGINAL: nbrcairpl

I am newbie to helicopters. Just bought a Esky Honeybee 5004. I read all instructions and adjusted the gain and proportional. When I try to increase the throttle slowly, midway on the throttle, the helicopter starts to wobble. If I increase the throttle rapidly, the helicopter gets light on the skids without wobbling. After the increasing the throttle rapidly, about 3/4 way the helicopter is about 2 feet above ground, however helicopter starts to drift to the right very quickly.

How do I make the helicopter hover, without drifting
[/quote

Make sure the swashplate is all level on your heli.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:40 PM
Joe K
My Feedback: (1)

I cant wait I have a Honey Bee CP2 on the way, should be here this next week.

Joe
Old 02-02-2006, 04:14 PM
micropotato

hi there,
I'm a newbie flying a walkera NO.10 (horsefly like) co-axial heli,
but I want to move one step forward to the reqular heli with main & tail blades.

1. can I know if the esky is better than walkera?
2.is the esky FP & CP are also good for somebody up to my standard (no standard )?

3.What's the difference between the FP & CP besides the prices, which one can
handle the windy days (outdoors) better?

thanks!
Old 02-05-2006, 01:48 AM
yongary

i got my honeybee e-004 for $92 including shipping from ebay, and it's great. what kinda lipo should i use? and what's the charging time for stock battery?
Old 02-05-2006, 04:53 AM
micropotato

http://www.hobbyjapan2000.com/store/...prod=EK1H-E004

this hobby shop offers upgraded Li-poly batteries of 7.4V 1200MAH and 7.4 1800MAH for the Esky e004,
I thinks it's a good guide line for you! usually, the charging time is about 1.5 to 2 hours.
I have no problem with my 7.4V 1000MAH for the 4ch Littel Apache heli and the 7.4V 1200MAH
for the Walkera #10 heli with this range of the charging time!

BTW: can you bring me to your ebay seller's site for the Esky E004 heli?

hopefully my opinion helps.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:00 PM
yongary

ORIGINAL: micropotato

http://www.hobbyjapan2000.com/store/...prod=EK1H-E004

this hobby shop offers upgraded Li-poly batteries of 7.4V 1200MAH and 7.4 1800MAH for the Esky e004,
I thinks it's a good guide line for you! usually, the charging time is about 1.5 to 2 hours.
I have no problem with my 7.4V 1000MAH for the 4ch Littel Apache heli and the 7.4V 1200MAH
for the Walkera #10 heli with this range of the charging time!

BTW: can you bring me to your ebay seller's site for the Esky E004 heli?

hopefully my opinion helps.
here's the link, micropotato. the price went up little bit so it's now $102 including shipping.
[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ESky-Honey-Bee-HoneyBee-Remote-Control-RC-Helicopter-4_W0QQitemZ6032944927QQcategoryZ2563QQssPageNameZW DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]http://cgi.ebay.com/ESky-Honey-Bee-HoneyBee-Remote-Control-RC-Helicopter-4_W0QQitemZ6032944927QQcategoryZ2563QQssPageNameZW DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/link]

AND here's the video clip of my honeybee. it flys right out of the box. I've only flown esky lama2 for a month. i'm new to helis. so hovering is not good. but the helicopter itself is great!

[link=http://media.putfile.com/First-Flight--Honeybee-]Honeybee[/link]
Old 02-06-2006, 12:10 AM
airboomerang2

just wondering if you switched the washers around on the blade grips to fix a sticky collective pitch problem everyone talks about or just hovered it just like it was right out of the box?
Old 02-07-2006, 05:29 AM
Joe K

I had to switch the washers around on mine.
it works great now!
Joe
Old 02-07-2006, 11:56 AM
airboomerang2

did you try hovering or flying it before you switched the washers around. were there problems with it jumping into the air suddenly?
Old 02-11-2006, 03:07 PM
yongary

what do you mean? switching the washers around?
ORIGINAL: airboomerang2

did you try hovering or flying it before you switched the washers around. were there problems with it jumping into the air suddenly?
Old 02-22-2006, 05:31 AM
Joe K

I knew it would happen at some point I just thought it would be do to reaching beyond my skill level. I set my bee down and reached for the radio and some how hit the 3D SWITCH! I thought was getting a stray signal because the throttle would not shut down.
Hit the ceiling then the floor and started to do the dead chicken flop. I got a hold of it unplugged the battery then realized the 3D switch was in the wrong position (for me).
After thinking a couple of days on how to disable the switch and ruling out cutting it off like I seen someone else do, or disconnecting a wire on the inside, I thought about the lock outs on the breakers at work. This may have been done before but I do not recall seen it yet. If so sorry for repeat and for me that I did not see it earlier, I took a wheel collar to my belt sander and sanded it to the same angle as the switch, and it works great.
I bet some one has done this already. It’s a good lock out, I am still reading and learning.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:58 PM
taleiran

ORIGINAL: twb5150

hey i have a problem with my e-sky ccpm it wont take off and i have3 redone the pitch and everything is correct but it wont take off also my blades are chewed up on the ends and the plastic is torn off in places i did the best to balance them could this be my problem the gyro goes from green to red when i give it full throttle im new so every little bit could help thanx

Hi guys.

I am new to RC helis. I recently bought an Esky Honey Bee FP, and when I try to lift it up the light turns from green to red. The blades seem OK, the heli does not wobble but it is very difficult if not impossible to control when in the air. I bought it about a month ago from Raidentech (good store so far, fast shipping, helpful) and it is past the return period. Is the gyro defective, can it be tuned (yes, I turn the transmitter on, connect the battery and wait until the light is steady green) or does it need to be replaced?

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:39 AM
ken68

I am new to R/C Electric Helicopters. I recently purchased a E-Sky EK1H-E008A Honey Bee King RTF kit. I read forums and reviews on it and realized the included ESC and brushed motor are junk. I then purchased a E-Flite EFLA311B 20 AMP Brushless ESC and a E-Flite EFLM3005 Hacker E3-49 4900 KV Brushless motor and put a 12 tooth pinion on it to keep the headspeed down. I am now trying to trim it and learn how to fly it. I am using the stock E-Sky servos, 8 Channel Receiver, 3 Cell 1000mAh 10 cell Li-Pol battery and charger and stock Gyro. Is this good setup to learn on. Or should I have upgraded to higher specs. I spun up the rotors after the upgrade of the ESC and motor and it does provide more headspeed and the battery now runs cooler and the motor runs hot but still not toasty hot as the original brushed motor. Opinions are always welcome.

Ken Finch
Old 07-04-2006, 08:05 PM
ken68

Well scratch the Brushless Motor. I was holding onto the Heli to trim her out at 85% throttle and after 5 minutes the new motor sputtered to a early overheated death. I do not think I was pushing it too hard. So I swapped back to the stock brushed motor and ESC for now till I see the hobby shop tomorrow again. While I was at the hobby shop today I bought a Futaba GY240 Headlock Gyro to swap with the stock gyro. Is that a good Gyro, better be it cost me $159.99 plus taxes. They also had the Futaba GY440 but it was $259.99 plus taxes out of my budget on single components for now. So any ideas what went wrong. The motor and ESC were recommended by E-Flite on their website as a perfect match for micro helis? And also that they were a perfect match for each other.

Ken Finch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.